PDA

View Full Version : My Wife

bigford
02-11-2015, 05:59 PM
So I've been eyeballing the china kat excavator for a while now!!
and with out a butt load of cash on hand to spend on it I resorted to
doing what I do best to make CASH MONEY.. I drive a truck.

Well living in New York we get SNOW not like you guys in Canada:eek:
the past 3 snows I was able to bang out a grand @ 18 hrs per shift in a
w900 dump truck (pics to follow) well I got my tax money today so
I plopped online and bought the KAT :bounce:
The first thing out of her mouth is you spent HOW much on WHAT:cop:
well honey I spent $500.00 on your valentine gift 3 days ago but that's OK
(she already got the rings and went to get them sized) Oh that's different
she tells me.. Needless to say I gave her the $1000.00 to put back into the bank. where is the other $800.00 she barked:eek:

god forbid we guys get to have fun :lol:

ihbuilder
02-11-2015, 06:43 PM
this is the classic I've heard all my life from guys that worked for my dad and customers :lol: Thats why I was determined not to get married till I meet my wife . She buys the expensive stuff for me :D

Lil Giants
02-11-2015, 07:14 PM
Yep! Happy life - no wife. :)

bigford
02-11-2015, 07:30 PM

your preaching to the choir!!

up9018
02-11-2015, 07:40 PM
No wife = doing your own laundry, cooking and cleaning :D

Be extra nice and she will forgive you.....Hopefully

RCP57
02-11-2015, 07:58 PM
this is the classic I've heard all my life from guys that worked for my dad and customers :lol: Thats why I was determined not to get married till I meet my wife . She buys the expensive stuff for me :D

I took option "A" of these two but option "B" would have been my next choice!lol My wife and I always make big purchase decisions together but she rarely says no to anything I want to buy that's within reason. If she told me no in this situation I would probably consider going back online to order a new wife!:eek:

Joe25
02-11-2015, 07:59 PM
I got lucky I guess. We're short on funds cause both in school and have enough kids to annoy the school district until I die. But she keeps asking me if I've saved enough to buy my truck lol, even been kicking her change toward me at the end of the month... :bounce: now if I could get the kids to quit growing I could quit robbin my RC fund :rolleyes:

BRICKNICK
02-11-2015, 08:04 PM
My wife is very understanding and quiet when it comes to our money. She's out of work currently since she's in school, but Even when she was working she lets me purchase whatever I want within reason. And even if it is an expensive purchase like a new truck kit or something that I'm into she tells me "it's your money hun and you deserve it, you never spend your money on you". Which really means a lot considering were so poor we can't finance a ham sandwich.

Joe25
02-11-2015, 11:42 PM
:lol: love the ham sandwich thing, wife asked what was wrong cause I burst out laughing which isn't like me at all

chris deacon
02-12-2015, 01:13 AM
My wife dont ask how much it costs and i dont tell her how much it costs. Its like a weird understanding we have but have never spoke about lol

Radio Control Trucker
02-12-2015, 06:41 AM
I've always followed my uncles example when it came to women and money. He wanted a new tractor one day, so he went down to the dealer and purchased one. After he got it home and put in the barn, his wife came home from a day at the mall and asked him if that was a new tractor she saw out in the barn.

He said, "Yes, it is."

To which she asked, "Didn't you think we should have talked about it first?"

"I thought I'd just save from having one argument.", he replied.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

- RCT

Jakyat
02-12-2015, 10:39 AM
My wife; first I'd like to say "GREAT THREAD TOPIC". I can see this one getting lots of input.
I am a newbie to the hobby and to this forum. When I started my first build, she really had no interest. The only time i got her attention was when i made big purchases ($500.00 and up) Now,the build nearing the end and it looks like a real truck, it is drawing a lot of attention and interest from buddies, fellow workers and fellow hobbiests. Now she thinks its cool. Now she is also interested and supports my hobby. i don't rib her about the candles she buys, the time or money she invests in her nails and scrapbooking and she doesn't question the time i spend sitting in the garage working on my truck!!

Jakyat
02-12-2015, 10:40 AM
Its easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission!!!

bigford
02-12-2015, 11:14 AM
i told her exclusive r/c built that killer lowboy and the bruder 320
looked silly on the deck.

Cooper
02-12-2015, 11:27 AM
You got one of them too huuu, a happiness vampire that is!! Lol !

(P.s. I love you very much honey but sometimes you have the ability to drain all the happiness I have ) lol!!!!

Cooper
02-12-2015, 11:31 AM
Its easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission!!!

Lol!! Yeah last time I went that way-- bought a dump box from reg and ended up with a French bulldog!!! I hate it but it was "you spent how much? Well I'm getting a dog then!!"

Cooper
02-12-2015, 11:42 AM
Oh and one more as I'm thinking, when a woman says "it's the thought that counts" it really means I don't like it and I wanted that other thing. I know because I tried using the "I thought about it" as a birthday present. I told her I thought about getting you that , but didn't, instead I bought a pump and valve from premacon. But honey I honestly thought about something for you!!!

Yeah, was not a good night then as I was banished to the living room to think about what I had done:(. Like an adult time out- not allowed in the garage for a whole night!!! Punishment enough- I will never "think "about getting her something again:)

Mikem
02-12-2015, 12:16 PM
But Cooper you did bring a squirrel to the family, doesn't that count for something ? Mike

bigford
02-12-2015, 12:27 PM
the wife would have been cool with a great dane

Cooper
02-12-2015, 12:41 PM
the wife would have been cool with a great dane

Well what ya waiting for?? Tell her you thought about it!!:bounce::lol::lol::lol:

ihbuilder
02-12-2015, 07:14 PM
finally some comic relief in here :rolleyes::lol::lol:

Mikem
02-12-2015, 07:26 PM
All you guys should grow balls ! Stop letting your wives push you around ! Mikes wife Sandy . I'm deciding I should keep my mouth shut I praise my wife ! Mike with trains in the basement ,trains outside , and of the last year trucks

JAMMER
02-13-2015, 11:09 AM
My best suggestion to you is to put her in the BANK. Ed:bounce:

Mikem
02-13-2015, 12:03 PM
I got to stop letting my wife get my iPad , but she's a prize I'm not letting go soon . Mike

1985 kenworth
02-13-2015, 04:39 PM
Well my wife fully supports my addiction ...but if you realky want an honest opinion ...and this goes for all guys i hear talk about how their wives bark orders at them ..if you allow them to be that way then its your fault ..A marriage is a 2 way street ,its all about both of you,not just her and not just you.Now unless you are a r/c addict and spend every penny on toys but yet the household bills suffer and don't get paid then you need someone like her to have the restraint that you don't have.But as i see it,you worked your butt off to make the EXTRA money to pay for this excavator,that means over and above your regular pay.You should be able to buy it.My wife and i have a system.she has her household responsibilties and i have mine,as long as those commitments are looked after every month like they are supposed to be then what you have left over you can spend it on whatever you want ...a marriage is a joint effort for both parties not one sided..Oh and for the record we have been together for 30 yrs and married for 26 of those years and we get along just great ..so again if you let your wives or girlfriends get away with treating you like a child then you cannot complain about it..only you can change the way you choose to be treated by others

bigford
02-13-2015, 04:52 PM
All you guys are missing the point!!!!

The KAT was ordered. it was paid for with extra CASH money!!!
the point was really about WHY do you need a $2000.00 toy is all
I don't complain when she buys a horse blanket or crap for the dogs.
I don't drink or do drugs or go out with guys after work

Supermario
02-13-2015, 04:57 PM
I agree Dwayne. You know my wife and how easy going and supportive she is. The new limiting factor for me is the house we just bought a year ago. A great house not run down, but could use a new kitchen , we both want to finish the basement, gonna need a new garage in the next few years..... So everytime I find myself spending cash on the toys, I get that reminder of all the other stuff we need to save cash for! :eek:
no problem though. That's the whole reason for building a rc park. It's cheaper to play with them than it is to build em.:D...... Unless I break em a lot :lol::rolleyes:

Mikem
02-13-2015, 05:21 PM
1985 Kenworth etal .... I agree Sandy and I been together , I just realized the same as 1985 ( but we're u married Groundhog Day? ) it's the same house is first toys right after , I also grew up with that attitude with my parents . Everything is equal . I see friends their wives spend cash till the credit card melts and when he buys a HO boxcar it has to smuggled in the dark of nite . Don't let them rule it's all equal . Sandy is still laughing at this thread . Mike

Joe25
02-13-2015, 06:35 PM
Well stated Dwayne (if I may be so bold as to use your name) I've been with my wife for 5 years and in that time (as life will do) we've had the ups and downs, at times I've been sole provider at times she has. At one point she asked me if she could buy hair dye (or something equally feminine can't rightly remember) I responded by asking her if she really needed my permission to spend money. I explained to her I was not being a smartass but that as long as the kids are fed and we have a place to live I didn't care what she bought. The one thing I've consistently repeated through those five years is that regardless of what's going on I have no money it's ours. Kinda funny that someone said their wife makes them buy stuff for himself... mine does too

1985 kenworth
02-13-2015, 08:41 PM
Joe and Mario Mikem i agree with you guys ..we have been in walmart and overheard a guy ask his wife if he could get a pair of toronto maple leaf slippers ..she proceeded to belittle him telling him no he didn't need it but yet she had boxes of chocolates in the cart and let me tell you it goes both ways ..a women was shopping with her husband and 2 children and she put a box of fero rocher candies in the cart and he said take that out ..you are fat enough ..the point i am making is people this is your spouse...not a kid or the neighbors kid..he/she is your equal .Treat them with respect .we have a real truck business that we have to look after and that ZEUS no not the little one...lol the real one and our house comes first over everything ..the point is you should not have to make excuses or explain yourself or sneak your stuff in the house..that is WRONG and if the men and women let themselves be treated that way by their significant other than its their own fault .Same as staying in an abusive relationship...if you don't change or do something about it then you are part of the problem

flatdeck
02-13-2015, 09:49 PM
I have a great wife who for 20 some years was my crew chief on my race car, never said I could not have anything, and some times bought part I could not afford.. Now that the racer is gone she misses the traveling and the people.. When it came time for my new hobby, she is still my supporter not as involved as before but as some of you know my wife is right there in the heat and cold when we have been to play with our trucks.. Never said once you can not have that part, but some times reminds me of my budget.. and there is nothing wrong with that....... As you all have said it is a two way street, respect is everything.....

Just my 2 cents......

My wife and I will be at all the show together as always.. Sometimes for difference reasons but we are there together.....

1985 kenworth
02-13-2015, 11:02 PM
Yes Wayne she is there and love having her share with us..it was her who helped sort out the layout at clifford and she shot the video of us at the Howick Fall Fair ..thanks Angela :D and thanks Wayne :D

hammer
02-24-2015, 07:57 PM
That's why I have a separate account from my wife she has no idea what I spend on anything and if she does happen to ask I always cut price in half or more.....

TONY

flatdeck
02-24-2015, 09:15 PM
Tony you will get caught one of these day and you will have lost all or any trust she had in you.... It is not worth it....

Just my 2 cents.....

GjtBob
06-08-2015, 12:39 AM
Tony you will get caught one of these day and you will have lost all or any trust she had in you.... It is not worth it....

Just my 2 cents.....

I agree 100%, this hobby, as fun as it is, is not worth lying to your wife about. Work as a team, both in responsibilities and fun, if you've got to hide things from her, it's something you know you shouldn't do.

hammer
07-15-2015, 07:56 PM
This is why I have direct deposit into an account my wife knows nothing about. When I get paid I give her the same amount she has been getting for the past 12 years the rest goes to me ��. She has no idea what I bring home even with overtime.....I know everyone cant do that but I would like to think my wife is dumb but I know she isnt and lets me have my fun.������

TONY

Animal
07-15-2015, 09:20 PM
My wife is supportive of my hobby, but it wasn't always that way. We've been married for 25yrs. now, and for a long time when I made some extra money, she would say that's your money buy something you want with it. Then, when I did or if I told her what I was going to buy she would say why are you getting that or why do you need that. Now we have separate savings accounts. I buy what I want from mine and she buys what she want from hers. Bonus is she doesn't find out what I'm getting her for x-mas or birthdays and such because she doesn't get the statements from my account.:p And these days she usually asks what I'm doing to customize my stuff rather than why I need it.:D