PDA

View Full Version : stupid question....

Chi-Noos
02-26-2015, 01:08 PM
i am pretty sure i already know the answer to this question but figured id ask anyways. is it possible to in stead of using a dedicated rc battery use a drill battery such as like a 20v li-on compact drill battery? i see people using 12v all the time but didnt know what the electrical cutoff for these rigs is? any and all answers will be greatly appreciated. thank you.

SonoranWraith
03-06-2015, 06:40 PM
I'm not sure if tool batteries have a voltage cutoff in them or the tool itself, but sure it is possible. More voltage will shorten a motor's life, but if you are using stock tamiya cans they are cheap. The MFU can't be overpowered however.

Chi-Noos
03-07-2015, 03:09 PM
I'm not sure if tool batteries have a voltage cutoff in them or the tool itself, but sure it is possible. More voltage will shorten a motor's life, but if you are using stock tamiya cans they are cheap. The MFU can't be overpowered however.

Stock motor here and no mfu I'm not.looking for speed that's for sure just wondering if it would be able to drive longer than with a 7.4 nimh, thanks though.

mavrick0
03-07-2015, 05:07 PM
Voltage doesn't make it run longer, voltage makes it go faster. It's the mAh(capacity) that you want higher to have the truck run longer.

Chi-Noos
03-07-2015, 08:26 PM
Voltage doesn't make it run longer, voltage makes it go faster. It's the mAh(capacity) that you want higher to have the truck run longer.

Oh I figured it was the length of time when I see people with 12v batteries