PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Tactic TTX650...

GjtBob
03-20-2015, 12:31 AM
Hey all, I'm having issues setting up a Tactic TTX650 tx, a Tactic TR624 6-Channel 2.4GHz SLT rx, and a Tamiya TEU-302BK Electronic Speed Control. I linked the tx and RX, and had the ESC connected so I could center the servos, and all appeared ok before the build, however, now that I'm to the point in my build where I have the electronics mounted to the truck, and the motor and servos connected, I can't get the motor to reverse, as I can't figure out how to set the throttle stick to be off when centered like I think it should be. I've read the manual, But being VERY NEW to the RC world, I'm thinking im in over my head, and the only LHS here isn't very helpful nor very friendly to say the least. Any help, or suggestions would be very welcome right now.

mavrick0
03-20-2015, 06:02 AM
I did reply to your build thread but will reply here as well now that I know what ESC it is. First question would be did you calibrate the ESC to the radio. Second is did you ever have reverse at all. It might a couple of things. One the ESC isn't calibrated to the radio yet, two the ESC is in race mode which doesn't allow for reverse and third is I believe this should have a brake function the first time you put it into reverse then when you go back to neutral and reverse again you then get reverse.

GjtBob
03-20-2015, 01:58 PM
Mavrick0, thanks for both replies, I had a good nights rest, and will get on things in a bit. I had the esc hooked up before I started building, and the servos worked, I admit I did not try the motor at that time, so your idea of it being in race mode makes sense, I'll check that out. I know I'll be back asking more questions as I go forward, but I know there is plenty of knowledge here, and on other boards as well, but I feel more comfortable here. I'm hooked and I WILL get this figured out. Thanks again.

GjtBob
03-21-2015, 02:13 PM
Well, Im still having problems finalizing the setup. I reset the esc to the factory default, I have the steering servo working correctly using the right stick, and I got the shift servo to work on one of my 3 way switches.

However, I only have forward direction, (or reverse if I swap the wires), as I DO NOT know how to set up the throttle stick to be in neutral, or off, when the stick is centered. I have read the manual thoroughly several times, but I DO NOT see anything referring to how to do that. I see where I can set the tx to mode 1, but then it tells you to swap the throttle ratchet and the elevator spring to the opposite switch/stick, so I'm assuming that would leave me with the same problem, just on the opposite stick.

I have double checked, and the esc is set to enable reverse, ie: not in race mode, well I think I have, since I can't fully set up the esc's throttle function.

Again, I am using a Tactic TTX650 tx, a Tactic TR624 rx, and a Takiya TEU-302BK esc. I admit I am a total newbie at rc, and I feel COMPLETELY In WAY over my head, I desperately need help with the throttle stick issue, as I truly believe THAT is the cause of my set up problem.

Did I make the wrong radio choice here? If so, what would be my best/ easiest to set up radio that is in the same $150- $175 U.S. price range, that I could get help with if I continue to have problems, as it seems not too many people are using the Tactic system, or at least they're not saying anything. Sorry if I sound sharp, but I'm completely frustrated here, and my build is at a stand still until I get this figured out as I DO NOT want to be simply building a static keep, or "Shelf a Queen" as I seen others reference.

mavrick0
03-21-2015, 05:54 PM
Have you calibrated the ESC to the radio? Stick in center/neutral and then go through the setup procedure in the ESC instructions? If you have then keep in mind this ESC has a double pump reverse setup. Which means after going forwards when you go to reverse the first time it is a brake only. You then need to go back to neutral and then go into reverse for the reverse to work. But you can not go into forward at all or that sets the ESC to then brake again.

GjtBob
03-21-2015, 10:56 PM
mavrick0, thanks for the tip, it helped. I also stumble on another board where I readthat ground vehicle esc's need the throttle channel servo setting REVERSED, so I did that and moved the Aleron stick return spring to the Throttle stick, reset the esc and redid the setup process. This time EVERYTHING works, I have forward/reverse, steering and also have my transmission servo on one of my three way switches. Being totally new to this is definitely a huge learning curve. Now on to paint and details.