PDA

View Full Version : Hitec 645 servo jitters

trucklover
04-12-2015, 11:08 PM
Just installed these 645 servos in my Globe, one for steering and the other for shifting. When I cut the truck on the servos immediately start jittering and twitching. This happens if the radio is on or not. Is this normal and can it be corrected. Thank you fellas.

Rvjimd
04-12-2015, 11:35 PM
You have a good charged battery pack?

Jim

pigeonfarmboy
04-27-2015, 02:17 PM
645s pull a lot of juice. Likely your BEC can't handle the two servos draw. Check this by unplugging a servo. Sometimes the centering pot on servos aren't functioning correct. You can send them to hitec to get em checked out if you're not able to troubleshoot the BEC issue.

ricm
05-07-2015, 09:06 PM
I've got 645's on all my trucks for steering only....they are way too high spec for the shifting or the coupler, so I use standard Futaba S3001 for those other functions. The 645's do drawing lots of current, if you find that unplugging one of them solves the problem for the other servo, the I suggest down-grading your shift servo to something lower spec which will still be perfectly adequate for the job.

it -might- be that the brushes on the centering pots are worn, this does create the same 'jittering' effect. But I've only ever had this problem on cheap 'reconditioned' servos from China - never on new OEM brands like Hitec. It is possible but extremely unlikely that both servos are suffering from the same problem (one, maybe, but both?)....unless they've had a hard life in another model at some point...