PDA

View Full Version : SERIOUSLY?!!

GjtBob
04-21-2015, 02:59 PM
What the heck Tamiya? We pay $300 for one of your kits, and you can't design decals that actually have the things activate at all? I've spent over an hour soaking, trying, re-soaking, re-trying several decals to apply to the Dadsboard, and NOT A SINGLE ONE has worked! This is unacceptable in a model kit in this price range. Heck, the cheap I snap together kits from Wally World have decals that actually work. I'm NOT a happy modeler right now.

GjtBob
04-21-2015, 03:13 PM
Well now don't I feel like an IDIOT! I just now figured out that they are NOT decals, but STICKERS! Sometimes I amaze myself with how dumb I can be. Geeez!

chris deacon
04-21-2015, 03:19 PM
ohhh dear lol

tc1cat
04-21-2015, 03:54 PM
While I have not made this mistake!! I still have not figured out why Tamiya insists upon using stickers in its large scale kits instead of decals. Really spoils the looks of the trucks to use the stickers. I am surprised that more companies have not produced decals for the trucks yet.

GjtBob
04-21-2015, 05:12 PM
Well, to add insult to injury, the directions actuall DO refer to them as "Stickers", I'm kind of laughing about it now, but I stand by thinking they should be more direct in their instructions. And I agree, they're not the best looking decals once applied, but being my first build, I'll let them go as far as the Dashboard, but I'm certainly glad I chose to use the Parma Paint Masks, to get my desired paint scheme. I can just imagine how I'd have reacted if I'd been trying to put the stripes on the body.

Supermario
04-21-2015, 08:05 PM
Well now don't I feel like an IDIOT! I just now figured out that they are NOT decals, but STICKERS! Sometimes I amaze myself with how dumb I can be. Geeez!

If your man enough to fess up so can I. :o

First sticker I tried on my first build, soaked it in water and wondered why the heck won't it come off the backing???

Took a closer look at it and had a good chuckle:)

Your not alone . :D:lol:

crisis time
04-22-2015, 12:09 AM
OK while we telling truths I have to admit I did it too :rolleyes::confused::rolleyes:

Cossett
04-22-2015, 05:09 AM
I must be the odd one out, cause when I did the dash on my first truck the decals felt a little to thick compared to my smaller scale ones and I just pealed them off and just cut them to size,
But yes I was a little disappointed to when I realized they were stickers, maybe there thinking is the trucks and trailer are going to be run thought all sorts of crap and they would be easier to maintain..........

Cheers Tracy

Radio Control Trucker
04-22-2015, 05:19 PM
I've always found that the Tamiya stickers were clean and simple to use. If you apply them and then spray a clear coat over them it appears like it's part of your original paint job. Several people have commented to me about how amazing my trucks look and have asked me just how I've managed to get such straight pin-stripes on my trucks. I tell them it's stickers and they just can't believe it.

- RCT

Wiskybilt
04-27-2015, 06:30 PM
Good thinking on the clear coat cover up. I used that same thing on my 1:1 scale ford dually