PDA

View Full Version : Do the MFC's have a LiPo low voltage cutoff?

Backlash
05-20-2015, 08:08 AM
Hi everyone..

I tried using the search function, but I had no luck in finding an answer..

So my question is.....

Does the MFC-01/02/03 have an inbuilt Low Voltage Cut off??

I have been using LiPo batteries in my trucks, crawlers and cars for years with no problems, and use a LV alarm for those with ESC's that don't have a low voltage cut off built in..

But today I was reading that the Tamiya MFC's had an inbuilt cut off set at 6 Volts..

Has anyone else heard this?

mavrick0
05-20-2015, 09:22 AM
As far as I know and have heard there is no LVC built into the MFC. I run a lipo alarm on mine and know I'm safe that way. I do know the MFC's do go into a shut down mode if the voltage is too low but wouldn't trust it to be a cutoff for a lipo.

ricm
05-20-2015, 07:37 PM
not sure what the cut-off limit is, but when the voltage gets too low for the MFC to operate, it automatically starts to cycle through shut down and start-up. This is accompanied with the truck related sound effects of engine stopping/ starting, so you can also hear it. You normally then have enough power left to drive the truck a short distance in 'non-MFC' mode.

Backlash
05-21-2015, 12:29 AM
Thanks for the replies..

ricm, On page 20 of the instructions for the MFC-01 it says that the engine sound will stop, and an alarm (1) will sound when the battery voltage gets too low.. There is no mention of what that voltage is though..

I have had my MFC01 do the engine stop then restart thing when using an almost flat NiCd for testing, but I did not get an alarm.. Do you get an alarm sound when yours does the engine shutdown thing.. ??

maverick0.. I've been running a LV LiPo alarm on mine also, but I'm wondering if it is true..

Has anyone tried to test the battery voltage when the engine sound turns off?

I would love to hear other peoples thoughts and opinions on this...

ricm
05-21-2015, 08:36 PM
ricm, On page 20 of the instructions for the MFC-01 it says that the engine sound will stop, and an alarm (1) will sound when the battery voltage gets too low.. There is no mention of what that voltage is though..

I have had my MFC01 do the engine stop then restart thing when using an almost flat NiCd for testing, but I did not get an alarm.. Do you get an alarm sound when yours does the engine shutdown thing.. ??

Nope - never heard the alarm....