PDA

View Full Version : Where is the best place to get a slip ring for my Kat Ex.

Kingcam2
06-08-2015, 02:52 AM
Hi everyone

I just found out on Friday night while I was at a friend house for a visited, it had been a long time since I had seen this friend, he is also into Rc hobby like everyone on this forum.

So I brought my Kat excavator with me as I had a little problem with it, the pump they gave me in the kit had a brushed motor on it,

They also upgraded the valve bank in my kit as it twice the size of the old one that you used to get in the Kat Ex kit,

So with the new valve bank and the pump motor there is not much room left in the engine bay,

So my friend was having a go at working where to place the parts in my Kat to working out where to place the Escs, pump, my Battery, oil tank and the valve bank.

This is where my friend point out that I was missing Slip ring that stops you from twisting the wires up spinning the kat around,

So I sent BuyChina a message about the missing slip ring on Saturday, they got back to me today with this message.

BuychinaSupport 2015-06-08 01:14

Dear Cam,

Sorry the seller told us they in this line for many years,and never happened this ,they have sent you the parts before ,so they can't offer more parts ,if you want them ,please place an order.

Best regards

So I am looking for a Slip ring with 4 15a wires, I have had a look at Jaycar on Saturday and I have had look at Ebay and Premacon today,

Jaycar is an Electronics store in Australia

Jaycar had nothing as far as I could see but they were about to closed for the day so I didn't get much time to look for what I needed.

I did find some on eBay, but most of them are 6 wires x 2A per wire or there are some that had 3 wires x 15A, I did find one that was 4 wires x 10A,

Premacon, had 3 different ones, one was 12 wires x 2A, they had another one the was 4 wires x 10A, they also had one more but there no information on it, all I can see is it got 4 wires.

The one that Premacon have that is 4wires x 10A is $49,00 EUR which work out to about $71 Au, so I don't want to spend that much if I have too.

So does anyone else know where I can get one from?

Regards Cameron.