PDA

View Full Version : What to use to make windows?

Madmat_tco
09-16-2015, 10:31 AM
I cut out a few extra windows into my cab and not sure what to use as windows. I want them to look like blacked out tinted windows.

sassgrunt
09-23-2015, 11:55 PM
You can always use scraps of window film that the auto tinting places use, (I'm sure they'd give you free scraps, if you asked them). Stick it onto the inside of plastic that you get from blister-packaging .

On a related note, I was wondering how to make decent-looking rubber channels for the windows themselves. I saw on a recent thread (naturally, I can't find it again right now), where one of our members used a 3d printer to print a window frame that can be glued into the cab, and the window glued into the inside of it. For anyone who knows how to use a printer to make such a thing, I thing THAT would be areal money maker!

HAZMAN
09-24-2015, 08:06 AM
Depending on the model i.e. Globe, King or Knight I usually buy an additional window kit for that model and cut as needed. This way all the windows tints match and the window thickness match as well.

When adding sleeper windows to the king Hauler for example I would buy the window kit for a globe. The windshield is large and perfect for what ever configuration that I like and the tint matches that of the king. The Globe tint also matches the AeroMax.

RCP57
09-24-2015, 08:16 AM
I buy cheap poster frames for the thin plexiglass and use old wiper blades for window rubbers.

rsd53
09-24-2015, 06:32 PM
Has anyone tried using very thin "O" rings?

Prodrvr2006
09-24-2015, 09:15 PM
Could this work for window rubber? http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXG852&P=M

Mikem
09-24-2015, 09:36 PM
There is also Knupfer they sell a proper rubber gasket .i used it on my KH Mike