PDA

View Full Version : Rc4wd rims

elephants14
10-09-2015, 03:16 PM
Hey guys, so I recently got a second wind (read that as budget) for my various RC's, so I did my looking, and I loved the look of the Force Directional rims. So I bought a set for my Aeromax and my Converted USA Dual wheeled reefer.

So they came in last night, and I put them on the Aeromax, well, the front goes on fine.
The rear, out of all 10, there is only 1 that fits tight. It is almost like on the rest the "spiked cap" is bottoming out before it tightened up onto the rims, so when it can't turn anymore, you still get some play. There has to be something I am missing. The stock plastic rims sit snug onto the hex, and tighten up good. These fit sorta loose on the hex, and definitely have play. Everything is stock on the truck, well not the rims anymore.

I did try putting a little washer between the rim and the hex, to make less of the "stud axle" stick out, so the spiked cap could tighten up on it, this helped get it tight on the first one I tried.
The second one, I guess there is a piece of metal bud that is either on the cap or the rim, guessing where the spikes are riveted on. cause I almost couldn't get the thing loose again, it James up nice and tight...

Thanks
Cody

KAF1
10-09-2015, 03:43 PM
I ran into that same problem with their white steel Buds. It's like the cap that tightens is not drilled no deep enough.
Kenneth