PDA

View Full Version : On board display and or micro hour logger

cdm
10-19-2015, 10:30 PM
The new craze is the BRIXL display that is essentially a plug in into the receiver and shows you various data for the model that the receiver collects via sensors.

Because I do not know german, there is absolutely no way I will ever be able to program a brixl radio in order to use their display, I have been wondering if there is an alternative available. Like a stand alone module somebody created?

I am mostly interested in logging how many hours the model has run (total). All other features optional. My radio does log power on hours but that is just one specific radio out of all of them, and it does it globally (it is not tied to model profile). As my hydro fleet expands, buying a new transmitter for model cannot be the only way to do that. I have located stand alone hourmeters but they are real life sized and will ruin the scale look (taking over the inside of the cab for instance)

Any of you folk that know german have come across anything like that? I hit a wall so far.

for reference, here is the brixl screen toggable with pages of data. the only feature I need is an lcd screen that plugs into a standard receiver and records how many hours it has been powered.

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af94/tgumus/brixl/IMG01305-20120405-2337.jpg

apfubar
10-20-2015, 06:14 AM
How about one of these....
http://www.4dsystems.com.au/product/uLCD_220RD/

Should be able to program it easy enough.... Could do all sorts of fun...

thebigo
10-22-2015, 12:08 AM
I don't know if this will be helpful, but some dirt bike motocross part's suppliers sell these small monitor's that mount on the frame of a dirt bike. They sell them with just hour display and others with additional modes, or display's. You might go to Motorsprts.com and look at them.

thebigo
10-22-2015, 12:15 AM
www.motosport.com/‎

search hour meters on there web site. they have several t chhose from, one at $39.95

NilsWong
02-24-2016, 09:07 AM
Can you please let me know about the specifications of this Display?
What type of controller is required for it?
Also why it is different from the other ones?
Can you please tell me about the other hardware requires with it?
Also what about the firmware required for it?

Snowman3725
02-28-2016, 02:24 AM
What's wrong with a good old fashion stopwatch?