PDA

View Full Version : NYC sucks at loader driving!

Stuff
12-29-2010, 11:10 AM
Don't know who has seen this yet or not but **** that guy sucks at driving!!!

http://consumerist.com/crunchgrab.JPG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt_r-jO3lKE

(mods feel free to get it embedded or whatever to the thread if you can)

D8R
12-29-2010, 11:22 AM
Some one has to los his job, or both of them, as he says in the video, unbelivable!!!
Guess Police has this video to!

Claus
12-29-2010, 11:35 AM
If I had to guess I would say there was a sign saying "snow plow route-no parking when it snows", not much care taken when that happens.

Snochaser
12-29-2010, 11:40 AM
Truely shows difference between a driver vs. an operator.

Bodyman
12-29-2010, 01:21 PM
you think he would use the bucket to raise and push his way out

Bigrigger
12-29-2010, 01:48 PM
It's like he's trying to smash the car. Front-loader driver FAIL!:D

firefighter-1177
12-29-2010, 01:55 PM
WOW REALLY! Gota agree with snochaser on that one.

Lil Giants
12-29-2010, 02:22 PM
Comical! :D

The tow trk operator, must've been a rookie too. Could've/should've parked on far side of street from the loader and winched him sideways while pulling him backwards. Perhaps this vid will make a good training video of 'what not to do'.

1.5 million views in two days, wow, wonder how it's linked to make that happen?

roadranger
12-29-2010, 04:00 PM
It's a tight single lane road - how far over can the truck get?
The road is a sheet of icy packed snow, and no chains on either loader or tow truck.
Spin your tires on that icy crap, and the loader and truck just follows the camber of the road down grade - right into the parked cars.
I'd call it operator error for not using chains...

That's why they have chain-up laws here in the Rocky Mtns, enforced with BIG $$$ fines.
So that operators/drivers won't go out there unprepared and mess everything up, causing 30-40 car pileups

Espeefan
12-29-2010, 06:36 PM
Wow. At first I thought the tow truck driver was the stupid one, but then as they made progress, I realized the guy in the front end loader was just as bad. Common sense isn't so common after all. You think they could have simply thrown some sand down on the ice, if it was that slippery. That loader would have walked right out of there without a problem, and without the tow truck helping.

ihbuilder
12-29-2010, 06:43 PM
Wow. At first I thought the tow truck driver was the stupid one, but then as they made progress, I realized the guy in the front end loader was just as bad. Common sense isn't so common after all. You think they could have simply thrown some sand down on the ice, if it was that slippery. That loader would have walked right out of there without a problem, and without the tow truck helping.

yep , not to mention helping it self with the bucket :confused: it's not for decoration , Hello

Lil Giants
12-29-2010, 08:44 PM
It's a tight single lane road - how far over can the truck get?

6 - 8 feet further over, parked 8 -10 ahead of where he was at the beginning of vid, extend the boom, use the vertical riggers or underlift to help anchor the trk and winch it. The carnage could have been avoided with a little care & thought... likely both are $/hr so why get in a panic.

Rogue
12-29-2010, 10:26 PM
Truely shows difference between a driver vs. an operator.

Nuff said right there !!

A32Limited
12-29-2010, 11:35 PM
If it weren't for the guy shouting into the camera...that would've been a far more educational video, but he turned it into an annoying one.

MACK Daddy
12-30-2010, 12:16 AM
Want to know what Mayor Bloombergs response too that was?

"They Should file a complaint with the city"....lol

alfy

vmilnik
12-30-2010, 08:47 AM
is there any pics of the damaged car?

mog
12-30-2010, 09:19 AM
joe right a tow truck has a boom and a winch for a reason they should never bean trying to chain out that loader. but i gess they got where try to do the quick fix.

Stuff
12-30-2010, 10:45 AM
no pictures that i know of yet. The guy yelling was comical because of his think NY accent. but I agree it did get annoying!

I asked around for follow up pictures but nothing.

pugs
12-30-2010, 10:50 AM
Definitely not farm boys either. Must of got the job last week

RCTech9
12-30-2010, 02:11 PM
This is also in NYC. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHMC7u1UnGY

A32Limited
12-30-2010, 05:26 PM
no pictures that i know of yet. The guy yelling was comical because of his think NY accent. but I agree it did get annoying!

I asked around for follow up pictures but nothing.

Yeah, it was cute at first, but like a little dog, made me want to kick him out of the window. Lol

oldboy
01-04-2011, 07:47 PM
They need something called "BRAINS" and then they need to know how to use them.

regards John

Banshee250R
01-05-2011, 07:53 AM
hahahaha that is some funny **** there and yeah that guy got annoying real quick

td9clyde
01-05-2011, 09:55 AM
well can't help but to chyme in here to me this was kinda brainless on their part ok you have a bucket on the loader pick the front end up move it over a lil at a time then use the tow truck on the far sid corner to help move slowly away ....chains??? sorry but here or around where i am from they really don't mess with them anymore from what i have seen this was a total bad judgment call on the loader mans and the tow truck driver the way i see it we all have our own ideas of how to avoid this and problly alot of us would of came out of that situation with out a scratch

oldboy
01-05-2011, 04:19 PM
correct me if I'm wrong here but shouldn't the plow trucks and all other equipment, as well as maybe even some of the vehicles be running studded tires and or chains to prevent all that sliding all over the place? that'd be a common sense factor right there is to chain up or tos on them studded tires for the winter season like quite a few folks do up in Buffalo NY.

To do that You need BRAINS :eek: :eek:

regards John

Darkrider
01-12-2011, 01:07 PM
Kinda wonder why the heck they didnt pull it from the front end! looked like they had plenty of space to go that direction.

Brel
01-22-2011, 08:00 AM
cool video of the cat claering the street

Bigrigger
01-22-2011, 05:26 PM
Wasn't that Explorer a government owned vehicle? I think I heard somewhere it was. Pretty funny to have your employees destroy one of your cars.

RcConstruction
03-25-2011, 09:17 PM
I agree with Espeefan, that they should have just thrown some sand on the ice and it would druve right out without hitting the car