PDA

View Full Version : Confused looking for US Made Axles

BigMack1994
01-08-2016, 11:55 AM
:confused: I can find US made frame rails and cross rails and rims , even bumpers but I for the life of me cannot find any custom US made axle housings and front steering axles or custom US made bullbars or airbag suspension. Anyone know where I can find any? Anyone on here sell any?

mavrick0
01-08-2016, 02:42 PM
Front axles and airbags are made by Russ here on the board. Check out his site: truescale-rc.com Bullbars I've never seen but I'm sure one of our fine vendors on here could do up one for you. As for the axle housings though that probably comes down to cost. It would be hard for a smaller shop to compete with the china companies for the cost of molding/machine the entire housing. You would probably be over double what you can already buy them for.

mcl fabrication
01-08-2016, 03:40 PM
Yes there are people in the USA that makes parts. If you did not find this forum you would have been searching for a while. You will find the people who fabricate parts on this forum. And indeed cost is a big factor in what you can attain in the US. So look no further just ask around the forum there is a smorgasbord of master mechanics and master machinist on here.

Tamiya Cowboy
01-20-2016, 05:53 PM
Russ at True Scale Rc has airbags and has made 2 cow plows for me so go to Facebook and message him the the True Scale R/C page.