PDA

View Full Version : Servo help needed

Cossett
01-27-2016, 09:56 PM
Im thinking about my next build with my dx6i and was wondering if it was possible to run one servo off two channels for front brakes

1st channel ( gear toggle switch to lock the brakes on / off
And
2nd channel left stick accross so I can adjust the brake tention as Im driving

Any help much appreciated

Cheers Tracy

Lil Giants
01-27-2016, 11:13 PM
Yes you can. 2pos is Gear & one side of the switch is either +100 or -100, giving you full throw of the servo. If you want to shorten the throw on either side, lessen EPA for that side.

Then to use left stick sideways (Rudder on mode 2), enter into Mix 1, Rubber -> Gear, then get your + - in the correct order to make it work.

doodlebug
01-27-2016, 11:16 PM
Would it be any easier to use a Figelli linear actuator, set up with an ESC, on one channel?
Cheers!

mcl fabrication
01-27-2016, 11:17 PM
I know it can be done on a open source radio and my dx8 threw mixing, running one servo threw two channel. I remember doing so when mixing channels for the first time on my dx8 when trying to . don't know if all channels are mixable on the dx6 its worth a try. If I remember correctly I may be wrong but You are limited to how many channels can be mixed in a dx6. You basically want to figure out which channel will be your master channel and then set up a mix and assign it to the slave the other channel or half and half.
Half and half ( use one stick (gimbal) one of the channels to control two channel two different functions or one function),a way how to get 8 channels from 4 channels. Which may help.All this is depending upon your radio. check your manual on mixing on your dx6.
No I'm not a expert just had a few radios past threw my hands.