PDA

View Full Version : I would like Tamiya to make...

janderson
02-04-2016, 12:41 PM
Let me preface this with I am not guaranteeing anything will ever come of this poll. Though I would like to see peoples ideas.

Lets remain focused on what brand and if brands are important to everyone.

Option "Other" is there another manufacturer or is just a generic rig ok?

You can reply to this thread with ideas ans such, but lets not let this turn into a big discussion that will get off topic.

mcl fabrication
02-04-2016, 01:55 PM
I want Tamiya to produce a day cab, and a CAT truck wouldn't hurt either.

up9018
02-04-2016, 02:03 PM
1. Kenworth W900L w/ 86" Studio
2. Kenworth T660 w/ 86" Studio and full farings
3. CAT CT660 Daycab with Pusher Axle
3. Freightligner Coronado w/ Standup Sleeper

Supermario
02-04-2016, 02:12 PM
If Tamiya did make a day cab version it would be nice to incorporate a tilting hood. Not concerned about which brand of truck but a factory designed tilting hood would be very nice I think.?

TRUCKMAKER
02-04-2016, 05:30 PM
I'd like to see them make an International HX620, it was just released to the public on Monday at a show in LasVegas. Google it it's a nice looking truck. A good vocational chassis of any brand would be nice, there is 3 conventional hood kits easily made into Petes, Kenworths Freightliner or Stars. A dump truck kit would be interesting.

Stuff
02-04-2016, 05:44 PM
day cab american single axle flat deck. kind of a spin of the mercedes box truck.

fhhhstix
02-04-2016, 06:45 PM
Anything but a Kenworth, Peterbilt, or Freightliner. We already have parts available to make these easy enough. How about a CH MACK that we all drool over and are hard to find or scratch build. If we are going to dream lets dream big. Just my thoughts.

RCP57
02-04-2016, 08:21 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing a new daycab like a KW T880, International HX, Paystar, Western Star or something similar. My reason for thinking a truck like this would work well is because the newer style cabs are larger leaving a tiny bit more room inside compared to a King Hauler(older KW/Pete). A lot of guys end up cutting off their sleepers so maybe a daycab makes sense? Honestly though it doesn't matter to me what comes out as long as it is a more rugged looking truck. None of my trucks ever see pavement so one that isn't dragging it's bumper on the first pebble would make me happy. OH, and while I'm dreaming, how about a new gearbox that has more reduction? The stock trans is ridiculously fast and in desperate need of an upgrade.lol

JamesBC
02-04-2016, 08:50 PM
day cab american single axle flat deck. kind of a spin of the mercedes box truck.

I second this.

rctrucker2
02-05-2016, 01:39 PM
I would like Tamiya to make a universal trailer that could be built 3 ways or more with hop-up items. The basic trailer would be longer than the trailers now, maybe around 37 inches or so, and could be built as either a flatbed or van trailer from the basic kit. Then there could be option hop-up items that would convert the van trailer to a refer that would include the Thermoking refer unit and a small fuel tank for the trailer. Additionally there could be an option hop-up kit that would convert the basic trailer to a spread axel trailer. And then finally an option hop-up kit that would convert the van trailer to a curtain side trailer. This would provide a builder of minimum skills to build the exact trailer that he wanted with minimal design and retooling by Tamiya.

bigford
02-05-2016, 03:18 PM
LONESTAR!!! its so ugly that i really like it

Mikem
02-05-2016, 04:20 PM
Something pre 70s , B model Mack , not European . Mike

Cossett
02-06-2016, 01:43 AM
-Something other than KW's, Pete, and freghtliners as there are already kits for them,
-No more eruo COE's
-Mack, Inter bonneted rig non badge
-A proper tilting hood rig daycab non daycab
-Some modern parts - roof wind defector, a new bull bar for the US rigs and a proper one for the euro rigs that tilts, right hand universal dash for euro / us trucks, hub caps for the rear wheel and front wheels to hide the nylock nuts, hood side latches, hood ornaments,
-Roof mounted air con units
- Cat walk plate for chassis's that can be cut to size depending on the rig you have
-Maybe some spider / spoke rim sets
-Making a hop up parts kit similar to the Italeri ones that has multiple different parts in it, so you dont have to pay a fortune on buying seperate parts for your rig
- A hi rise sleeper top for the US sleepers
-Hi intake tubs with round top or right angle intake tops
-A suzzie coil kit for trucks and trailers to plug into the MFU and a front plate for trailers where the old trailer light plug is hidden
-A tamiya low loader so they are easy to get your hands on where every you are in the world
-New universal decal sheet in different colors designs and letters so you can make your own names up
-A mock up engine to hide the 540 silver can type motors
-All those nice detail parts you can get in 1/24-5 scale that arent easy to get your hands on in tamiya's 1/14 scale
Cheers Tracy

bigdogrod
02-06-2016, 07:06 AM
everything cheaper so we can get more people into this hobby

edit: not cheaper, less expensive

mavrick0
02-06-2016, 03:13 PM
How about a MFC-03 that you can download any sound into it depending on what truck you have and the type of enjoy sounds you'd like it to have for the era of the truck and motor choice as well as air horn selection as well to use a few things or example.

Berman
02-06-2016, 04:05 PM
Any truck as long as it is licenced. Western Stars, Cats, even Jap trucks like Nissan Diesel, Hino etc.

Cossett hit the nail, on the head, it's time for a low loader or even drop deck and Right hand Drive dashes.

I love the detail on the new Actros, keep that ideal going!

drinternat
02-07-2016, 12:04 PM
How about reducing their prices for kits you don't even get bearings in. Even if they made a Super version of kits with the hop ups included. They must loose a fair amount of money to aftermarket hop up makers.

Roundabout
02-07-2016, 01:14 PM
I know that there only is mentioned american trucks in the poll, but how about some classic european cabs, like:
VOLVO FB88/89 F10/12
SCANIA 141/142/143/143ATREAMLINER
IVECO TURBOSTAR
FODEN
ERF

or in general some more accurate looking vintage american trucks seems like there already is some freightliner licenses, plenty of old freightliner cabs from the golden years of trucking to make i 1:tamiya

and when making the euro cabs, include a dashboard for right hand drive trucks and maybe the different roofs for them, scania comes with three different roofs, how about including all three in the box set instead of builders buying from aftermarket vendors

schmoking
02-07-2016, 02:23 PM
we need more classic trucks... like this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pPB1GTu6ng

this is a 359 pete... right?
id pay double for this as the next tamiya.
please please please make this truck!!! :)

bigford
02-07-2016, 02:57 PM
thats a old 1962 needle nose pete a real classic
wedico's pete is a 359

mcl fabrication
02-07-2016, 08:51 PM
we need more classic trucks... like this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pPB1GTu6ng

this is a 359 pete... right?
id pay double for this as the next tamiya.
please please please make this truck!!! :)

You are correct Really nice looking truck. It would be nice if they did make a few body kits that can bolt on right out the box depending on what version truck you have. Now that would make the American and the Euro very happy.

doodlebug
02-08-2016, 01:36 AM
A Mack DM or CL daycab , would be my choices!
Cheers!

Cossett
02-08-2016, 02:35 AM
I dont have a problem with pricing on kits as I know I not getting a crap products from tamiya, it is what it is,
Also shop around for the best deal you can get as prices vary from shop to shop,
Some one once said to me this hobby isnt cheap but it a **** of a lot of fun building and modifying them and driving
And the kits and parts are like smaller scale ones that can cost a small forturn and arent cheap

WillsIH
02-12-2016, 06:54 PM
Id like to see an IH conventional. A 9900, Lonestar, WESTCOASTER with Mercury sleeper. Iv been an IH fan for a long time and understand that many look down on Navistar. But really Navistar is on par with Frieghtliner and WesternStar.

Well anyway, an IH other then the loosely depicted Globeliner would be excellent.

Bo Wallen
02-12-2016, 07:34 PM
How about some pick-up's and other small cars in Tamiya scale. we need more cars on the show's/dioramas. New Trucks Yes.......i think a mix would fit. My 2 cent a half.:D

Mustang46555
02-12-2016, 08:04 PM
Add me to list wishing for vintage iron.
Autocar
Diamond T
B model Macks
How about a GMC Cracker box?
Older Internationals

mcl fabrication
02-15-2016, 07:10 PM
TAMIYA for the love of GOD and everything good upon the earth, Take one for the team. The Tamiya supporters of America deserve a little something for there business and loyalty.
This should be the new kit. Oh I should mention Harley Davidson suppose to have there name on this truck. (wheels.blog.nytimes.com)

http://http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y332/mclrcfabrication/Mobile%20Uploads/04D7AC1C-32A1-4DEC-95ED-8F403A3F5051_zpsb7qtjjyd.png (http://s1027.photobucket.com/user/mclrcfabrication/media/Mobile%20Uploads/04D7AC1C-32A1-4DEC-95ED-8F403A3F5051_zpsb7qtjjyd.png.html)

marcay86
03-13-2016, 05:21 AM
A Mack Pinnacle!!
why not ?

Straywolf
08-29-2016, 12:37 AM
What about a Mack R Series Daycab?

With tilting hood

Doors that open with hinges

full interior

A dashboard we could light up with the right dials and gauges, etc etc..

A engine to hide the 540 silver motor

Any and all detail you could put towards the rig.

http://66.media.tumblr.com/66767ce520f90b56bc445df95dabf6b4/tumblr_nxs303SeQR1uh979eo1_1280.jpg

Sped74
08-29-2016, 10:01 AM
Add me to list wishing for vintage iron.
Autocar
Diamond T
B model Macks
How about a GMC Cracker box?
Older Internationals

i'm in full agreement on this list!!!! that would be awesome

Supermario
08-29-2016, 06:27 PM
How about some pick-up's and other small cars in Tamiya scale. we need more cars on the show's/dioramas. New Trucks Yes.......i think a mix would fit. My 2 cent a half.:D

I like your 2 cents...although it costs me almost 4 to match. Totally agree there's a big market of guys looking for exactly what you speak of. It's not easy finding decent 1/14 scale vehicles to go with the trucks.

frizzen
09-07-2016, 06:18 PM
Add me into the crowd of 'I want more old iron.' 1930-70 trucks

But i'd really like to see:
Millitary trucks . m35, man kat, hmmwv, hemmtt
Fire apparatus.... residential engines, pumpers, airport rigs
Ambulances . .. .. van based high-top or cube body
Cars..................... something you already make, just 1/14
Vans . ................. maybe offer in passenger, commercial, camper

PaulNZ
09-09-2016, 06:55 PM
The New Generation Cascadia!!! have you seen it? wow!!!

Just_Build_It
11-04-2016, 11:23 PM
Some new 1/14 cars and pickups kits and auto transporter trailers, spread axle box trailers and some other everyday delivery trucks, a boat trailer would be nice for those of us who enjoy water sports. The list is endless and would add so much more to the hobby. EMS and Fire rescue would also be another door for novices who want to have the ability to build unique vehicles.with that being said, if tamiya would great option parts an modular chassis as a starting point to build whatever the dreamers can dream up to a functional creation. Kind of like a Lego set. �� make it easier to find specific parts pertaining to the build without the guess work.��

Billy832
12-31-2016, 10:02 PM
Add me to the Mack day cab list.....With a choice of either a semi tractor or straight truck. Hey Tamiya, how about a Mfu that you can use with a radio from this century?

JAMMER
01-01-2017, 01:52 PM
I would like to see a LTL model Mack day cab. Ed

Berman
01-02-2017, 03:39 AM
Actually while on the bandwagon, wouldn't mind a CH or SuperLiner 2...

dabears
01-02-2017, 10:06 AM
How about a fire truck or wrecker? At least the cab and body. American eagle, international, Hino,

roadranger
03-20-2017, 02:43 PM
How about a White Motors "Corporate Cab" based truck. White used this cab on White, Autocar, Western Star, and Diamond Reo trucks. Just change the hood and fender assembly to suit the model. This would automatically make a tilt hood type model.
These are great old classic USA trucks from the 50's thru 80's era.

Bolt on cab kits for Tamiya chassis are showing up on Shapeways site, but are fairly expensive. Hopefully as Shapeways develops, their prices will come down.

roadranger
03-20-2017, 02:47 PM
Another one would be the Ford Louisville model. They came in 3 hood lengths and set back axle versions.
Classic Company truck from the 70's thru 90's.

Northern Farmer
03-21-2017, 11:38 PM
There's definitely a market to be had if a company was willing to make available a line up of bodies that screw directly in to the Tamiya kits. 3D printed bodies are cool but still require preparation work before painting and don't always fit properly.

chocolate dip
07-20-2017, 06:53 PM
I would like Tamiya to make Volvo NL bonneted truck and Volvo 45 foot-- 50 foot Bus or Volvo double-decker Bus or motorhome kit

Cossett
07-20-2017, 08:54 PM
I would like Tamiya to make Volvo NL bonneted truck and Volvo 45 foot-- 50 foot Bus or Volvo double-decker Bus or motorhome kit

There is a VL converson kit. as for the rest thats what longer chassis rails are for and large sheets of styrene

frizzen
07-20-2017, 10:08 PM
From what i've seen on youtube, there seem to be a lot of guys in asia (singapore) and south america (brasil) doing bus builds. They seemed to mostly be touring or luxury busses. I don't know if it's a company making parts, or 'some dude'.

---------

Cars
Police cars
Pickup Trucks
Fire trucks
Wreckers

skeeter
08-03-2017, 09:28 AM
A day cab, ANY day cab, with doors that open, mirrors (like Bruder models) that fold, a hood that OPENS, & a mock engine to hide the UGLY can motor that shows through the grill.

DrDiff
09-21-2017, 04:35 PM
A MFU that had auto voltage cutoff to allow for safe use of LiPo Batteries!

Mustang46555
09-21-2017, 06:04 PM
A "glider kit" Frame, suspension and axles only.
Then we can go from there since their U.S. cabs are so limited.

Radio Control Trucker
10-04-2017, 06:11 AM
I'd like to see Tamiya produce a 46" dry-van trailer with the proper markings for a 53' unit. It would be great if it had the options of tandem or spread axles as you built it.

DrDiff
02-01-2018, 04:55 PM
love this idea!

DrDiff
02-01-2018, 04:56 PM
I would love this idea!

A "glider kit" Frame, suspension and axles only.
Then we can go from there since their U.S. cabs are so limited.

DrDiff
02-01-2018, 04:59 PM
A Chrome Cascadia Evolution Body Kit!

JennyC6
06-24-2018, 08:51 PM
I'd like to see them kick out a 1/14 M35A1 . Factory equipped with AWD, options for various cargo beds(And fifth wheels)...would be effin' sweet.

I'd also like some US spec trailers. The Cascadia is a lovely model of the most frequently seen bigrig on American highways but it just doesn't have anything proper to pull. Doesn't look right towing that forty footer, definitely doesn't look right towing a Euro style trailer. But if you want a 53' US-spec trailer for the Cascadia, Globe Liner, Grand Hauler, King Hauler to drag around, currently, it's a scratch project.

sparkycuda
10-01-2019, 02:35 PM
Volvo VNL 760 or 860. Bunch on the road - very popular.

Ken

NickelPlate
01-14-2020, 03:20 PM
A 6x6 Mack Dump Truck.

Goes2fast
12-17-2020, 03:46 PM
I would like to see someone make square turn signals to match the headlights on the King and Grand haulers. Also, the matching air horns would be nice to make replicas more accurate.

https://i.postimg.cc/Kvh7ZBcY/EPSON045.jpg