PDA

View Full Version : Which radio is the best for Tamiya 1/14 trucks?

JonBailey
02-11-2016, 10:11 PM
Will a 4-channel Futaba work with a Tamiya King Hauler turned into a modified Bruder cement mixer?

I plan on having the Tamiya MFCU installed to boot.

How many servos will I need? Are ball bearing servos recommended?

The thing is I will also need provisions to control the cement barrel speed and rotational direction.

The cement barrel will have a separate motor driving it in place of the stock Bruder hand crank.

Can the MFCU control with a 4-channel radio handle the functionality of special-purpose truck bodies as dump bodies and concrete mixing units?

Here is a video link of a cement mixer controlled remotely on a Tamiya chassis:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9Wr7cnqn6A

bigford
02-11-2016, 10:23 PM
you need this one. servonaut zwo4hs12 its one of the
best radios out there for what you need to do
digital ball bearing servos are the way to go spektrum s6020

mcl fabrication
02-11-2016, 10:38 PM
Cant tell you which product is the best but I can tell you what I would do if I was doing that build. To keep the build simple I would use a 4 channel two stick radio (programmable not necessary). Use the leg support channel via E.S.C to motor that turns the mixer. For continuous rotation of either direction adjusting the trim lever for that channel. I'm using this set-up now on my dump trailer. It will work on a mixer build. Ball bearing servo's are not necessary but good to have. There is a video on YouTube on a Bruder mixer conversion it was the coolest thing to see. Any how good luck on your build.

Cossett
02-11-2016, 11:47 PM
Minimum 6 channel digital radio, 4 for MFU if you can find the space in a in the daycab , do you want the interior or not, then 1-2 channels for the mixer them having a extra channel for other things always comes in handy
And are you planing to have another truck in the futer it yes I would get a digital radio with model match ?
BB's are great up grade to a truck and need to be installed as you build the rig along with bb metal digital servos,
Do you want all wheel drive then you will need to up grade the front axle and the trans parts?
Also how are you going to run the mixer, with a small motor / esc or using a continuously runing servo ?

NilsWong
02-19-2016, 09:58 AM
Cant tell you which product is the best but I can tell you what I would do if I was doing that build. To keep the build simple I would use a 4 channel two stick radio.
Use the leg support channel via E.S.C to motor that turns the mixer.
It will work on a mixer build. Ball bearing servo's are not necessary but good to have.