PDA

View Full Version : Eagle/RC4WD 4200XL excavator - track motors upgrade kit

Rimrock
02-24-2016, 05:46 AM
P/N 22002 Track motor upgrade kit

340 USD, + shipping 40 USD worldwide (cost does not include VAT, sales tax etc that may be added at arrival in your country)

Track motor upgrade kit for Eagle JD-1/4200XL excavator (‘RC4WD Earth Digger)
These upgrade track motors will give you considerable higher power & more suitable max RPM than the original track motors. Original track motors has often be experienced as underpowered and the spur gear transmissions is one of the weakest points. The upgrade kit has industrial planetary transmissions that will take considerable more ‘beating’ than original transmission.

NOTES:

1)
UPDATE 10 March 2018 : Kits now delivered with outer diameter of motors turned down to 34.7mm, for direct mounting on both version 1 & 2 of the 4200XL, that have some variation in the track motor bracket's bore

2) The motors are NOT prepared to run submerged in water. The motor covers will protect from light rain and splash of water, but water will get into the motor if submerged. If getting submerged by accident, stop running at once, take covers off in order to let the motors dry out.

Kit includes;

• Planetary brushed gearmotors, 540 size motors (5000 rpm), output ~45 rpm max (versus original gearmotors ~20 rpm)

• Cables and minor electrical parts (existing motor cables in the undercarriage will be too short for the new track motors)

• Instruction manual (English, electronic)

(• Compression springs can be delivered as an option if one got the older version of the 4200XL with no original springs. 20 USD for a kit incl brackets)

Advantages too available brushless track motors upgrade kit on the marked;

• Less complicated and time consuming installation. No need for separation of undercarriage and upper structure in order to replace centre electrical slip ring

• More stable running of the tracks at ‘low trottle’ and more control than the brushless gearmotors which are relative high geared (60 rpm).

• Reduced problems regarding the tracks start rolling during digging operation, as can be experienced with brushless motors which are dependend of well functioning electronic parking brakes in the ESC’s. Brushless motors do not have the internal resistance against rotating, as is the case with brushed motors.

• The original brushed motor ESC’ can be used, and not to be replaced as is case with the brushless motors kit.

Pictures:
http://www.rclastebilbutikk1.no/tilbehor/517-beltemotorer-eagle-4200xl-rc4wd-graver.html

Dieselchopper
02-24-2016, 06:46 AM
I would be interested in thread and more info. Thanks

Northern Farmer
02-24-2016, 01:18 PM
Sweet upgrade Rimrock. Do you have a before and after video of the modification ?

bigford
02-24-2016, 04:43 PM
looks good rimrock!! let me know when you tackle the china kat also

Rimrock
02-25-2016, 09:14 AM
Thanks guys) I guess I will open a sales thread in near future here with some more info, I also have other stuff in the coming. Should have some videos, definitely. Will try making a couple of videos, at least the 'after videos' of this machine, that's with a local customers now.

The KAT excavator, yeah that's one of our other acquaintances from China, 'we love China';) I've got one of them myself, in pieces..See that it also should be in need for compression springs on the idler wheels, at least. What about the original track gearmotors? They seamed stronger than the Eagle motors, but I havn't tested them in operation for real yet. Anyone got problem with them?

bigford
02-25-2016, 09:36 AM
one of the guys in my china kat thread blew up two sets

thebigo
02-26-2016, 11:39 PM
Thanks guys) I guess I will open a sales thread in near future here with some more info, I also have other stuff in the coming. Should have some videos, definitely. Will try making a couple of videos, at least the 'after videos' of this machine, that's with a local customers now.

The KAT excavator, yeah that's one of our other acquaintances from China, 'we love China';) I've got one of them myself, in pieces..See that it also should be in need for compression springs on the idler wheels, at least. What about the original track gearmotors? They seamed stronger than the Eagle motors, but I havn't tested them in operation for real yet. Anyone got problem with them?

I think everyone with a xl4200 would benefit from the compression springs, I have broke a lot of track sections with the original on mine.

David

Kingcam2
02-27-2016, 03:43 AM
Hi Rimrock,

I also own a Buychina Kat as well, If you were to make idler wheel kit with Retrofitted compression springs and a set of upgraded track gear motors for the buychina, I've would be happy to buy a set of each off you.

I bought my Kat around Xmas 2014 and I still have not got it up and running yet, due to work and life getting in the way and my replacement slip ring getting
lost in the mail for 3 months.

Regards Cam.

Rimrock
02-27-2016, 08:41 AM
Hi Rimrock,

I also own a Buychina Kat as well, If you were to make idler wheel kit with Retrofitted compression springs and a set of upgraded track gear motors for the buychina, I've would be happy to buy a set of each off you.

I bought my Kat around Xmas 2014 and I still have not got it up and running yet, due to work and life getting in the way and my replacement slip ring getting
lost in the mail for 3 months.

Regards Cam.

Hi Cam, I see now that also the KAT could need a upgrade set, I will look into and see what can be done

Oyvind

Dieselchopper
02-27-2016, 09:10 AM
once you have sets available for the 4200 I will defiantly take one. Stock stuff is done and need to fix.

Rimrock
03-17-2016, 04:49 PM
A video of one 4200 with the new track motor kit. It's running here up to about 2/3 of full speed. Possible limited speed, in % of full, can be set on most radios. Pretty good torque from those motors, one need a very strong grip to stall them by griping the tracks with one hand) Planning to have some new kits ready for sale in April,

https://youtu.be/60gSjtnwJog

Northern Farmer
03-17-2016, 06:32 PM
That 4200 moves around with ease! Great job Rimrock :)

TheBennyB
04-24-2016, 10:48 AM
Definitely keep us posted. I'm in for the motor upgrade and new tensioner when available.

Northern Farmer
04-26-2016, 06:52 AM
A video of one 4200 with the new track motor kit. It's running here up to about 2/3 of full speed. Possible limited speed, in % of full, can be set on most radios. Pretty good torque from those motors, one need a very strong grip to stall them by griping the tracks with one hand) Planning to have some new kits ready for sale in April

https://youtu.be/60gSjtnwJog

April is almost up where the kits at ? :p Just busting your balls how's the kit coming along ?

Rimrock
04-26-2016, 04:35 PM
Hi all, busy days with different projects going on parallel here;), but just working at finishing the first 5 track motor kits this week, ready for shipping next week) Also creating a installation guide that comes with the kits.
For ordering, just send me a PM, and we take it from there

Northern Farmer
04-27-2016, 02:23 PM
PM sent

TheBennyB
04-27-2016, 05:04 PM
PM sent

Northern Farmer
04-30-2016, 04:46 PM
Woohoo can't wait to put my ho to work with these new stronger motors! :cool:

TheBennyB
05-07-2016, 09:46 PM
Woohoo can't wait to put my ho to work with these new stronger motors! :cool:

You get yours installed yet? mine are still a couple weeks out.

Northern Farmer
05-07-2016, 11:44 PM
No not yet parcel is still in transit.

Northern Farmer
05-10-2016, 04:27 PM
Received my kit today! :)

TheBennyB
05-10-2016, 09:41 PM
Oh boy, lets see some install pics when you get a chance!! Got my hoe prepped, just waiting for the kit.

TheBennyB
05-23-2016, 08:40 AM
Just got mine installed. Straight forward install and a great upgrade. Nice and smooth movement with a little added speed. Thanks Rimrock!!

Northern Farmer
05-23-2016, 03:53 PM
Nice! Haven't gotten around to it yet still busy polishing this dump trailer.

Bo Wallen
05-23-2016, 04:35 PM
Some guys are serious about their DUMP...............

mcl fabrication
05-23-2016, 04:56 PM
LMAO!! Yes we are..LOL

Northern Farmer
05-23-2016, 05:51 PM

Hahaha yup! Haven't even touched the tub yet! All the these little parts are keeping me busy :D

TheBennyB
05-30-2016, 12:50 AM
Alright farmer, put the chamois down and get those track motors installed!!

Northern Farmer
05-30-2016, 01:49 AM
Lol

RCP57
05-30-2016, 09:11 AM
He probably looks like a coal miner by now with all of that black crud flying off of the buffing wheel!

Northern Farmer
05-30-2016, 09:13 AM
No kidding! The inside of my ears are black! Lol going to have fun cleaning the garage once done there's compound residue everywhere!

Supermario
05-30-2016, 04:25 PM
Hence, that's why I did my polishing outdoors! But that wasn't till we noticed polishing in the kitchen was not a good idea.:eek::lol:

Northern Farmer
05-30-2016, 05:37 PM
Oh boy I can imagine what the kitchen would of looked like!

Bo Wallen
05-30-2016, 05:45 PM
My Wife handle the polishing...................:p

Northern Farmer
05-30-2016, 06:26 PM
Lucky you! Would definitely be fun letting someone else get dirty for a change! lol

alaskantoy
06-14-2016, 02:41 AM
In the middle of installing mine...... SO I have the "2.0" kit. They built in a compression spring into the idler unit so you don't have to break down the track. I cheated and just unbolted the motor and pulled some slack into the track. Sadly less them 10 feet on the original motors and all had cold solders. One wire completely broken and just resting on the lead and one has a slice in the casing from being pulled thru the small slots for the wires( something everyone needs to watch out for as they are sharp). At this point 10 feet maybe 5 minutes of hydro run time and ive swapped out the track motors, received a new hydraulic tank as mine has metal threading floating inside, new hydro lines as mine are short and a new radio system...... One day ill get to use it. Good luck all

Kingcam2
06-15-2016, 04:12 AM
Hi Rimrock

Any updates for the upgrade kit for the Buy China Kat Excavator?

Regards Cameron.

Rimrock
06-15-2016, 05:55 AM
Hi Rimrock

Any updates for the upgrade kit for the Buy China Kat Excavator?

Regards Cameron.

Hi
Looked into it earlier on in the spring, did conclude that my motors for the 4200XL was not particular suitable for a bolt-on solution for the KAT, so kind of put it away a bit, while searching for a more suitable gear motor. Have gotten hold of some compact high performance gear motors with a suitable rpm just the other day, that I plan hook up with a bevel gear transmission. Guess I'm on to something) I have the KAT machine myself, so will test fit the prototype gear motors on to that one first. Will create a separate thread here as I proceed,

regards
Oyvind

http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o563/oksoyl/001_zpsrhcnubwn.jpg (http://s1148.photobucket.com/user/oksoyl/media/001_zpsrhcnubwn.jpg.html)

TheBennyB
06-15-2016, 11:10 PM
In the middle of installing mine...... SO I have the "2.0" kit. They built in a compression spring into the idler unit so you don't have to break down the track. I cheated and just unbolted the motor and pulled some slack into the track. Sadly less them 10 feet on the original motors and all had cold solders. One wire completely broken and just resting on the lead and one has a slice in the casing from being pulled thru the small slots for the wires( something everyone needs to watch out for as they are sharp). At this point 10 feet maybe 5 minutes of hydro run time and ive swapped out the track motors, received a new hydraulic tank as mine has metal threading floating inside, new hydro lines as mine are short and a new radio system...... One day ill get to use it. Good luck all

Complete bummer Alaska, I had to battle my 4200 as well to get up and running. Sounds like your near the dirt though. Hope you get things settled up and get your tracks dirty soon!

Kingcam2
06-16-2016, 04:25 AM
Hi
Looked into it earlier on in the spring, did conclude that my motors for the 4200XL was not particular suitable for a bolt-on solution for the KAT, so kind of put it away a bit, while searching for a more suitable gear motor. Have gotten hold of some compact high performance gear motors with a suitable rpm just the other day, that I plan hook up with a bevel gear transmission. Guess I'm on to something) I have the KAT machine myself, so will test fit the prototype gear motors on to that one first. Will create a separate thread here as I proceed,

regards
Oyvind

Thank for the update Rimrock, I can't wait to get my on your upgrade kit for the Kat.

Regards Cameron.

TheBennyB
06-28-2016, 10:48 PM
You get these motors installed yet Farmer? Never really got to see the stock motor performance but this upgrade is very nice.

Northern Farmer
06-28-2016, 11:25 PM
You get these motors installed yet Farmer? Never really got to see the stock motor performance but this upgrade is very nice.

Sorry not yet, just got done polishing the trailer's tub today. Got it looking like a mirror.

TheBennyB
07-02-2016, 09:09 AM
Sorry not yet, just got done polishing the trailer's tub today. Got it looking like a mirror.

Looking good! Now get that out in the dirt...he he.

Northern Farmer
07-02-2016, 05:26 PM
When done you bet cha!

Jack3M
08-12-2016, 07:00 PM
I must admit, even though I fixed my original motors for the tracks, this is a great UPGRADE for the machine. It is well worth the expense, and I am a cheap SOB:bounce:

Thanks for a well thought out upgrade.

eficker
03-06-2018, 04:08 PM
Are these still available?

Rimrock
03-07-2018, 02:26 AM
This kit is still available

skeeter
03-07-2018, 04:26 PM
The upgraded track motors from Soyland Industries are worth the money. I have them installed in my 4200XL & they are superior to the stock motors.

skeeter
03-07-2018, 04:27 PM
I'll try & get a video this weekend at PNWSTE's club meeting this weekend, of the STOCK motors on my friends 4200XL(He modded his into a Link Belt) traveling next to my 42000XL with the upgraded motors.

rookie101
09-14-2018, 01:57 PM
Tried to order the motor kit, springs, and a couple sets of the track pins but the website would not allow me to as there is no delivery option for Canada??

Aaron

Rimrock
09-15-2018, 05:34 AM
Tried to order the motor kit, springs, and a couple sets of the track pins but the website would not allow me to as there is no delivery option for Canada??

Aaron

Hi Aaron, thanks for your interest. Concerning the track motor kits I deal with the orders by email/paypal invoice, as the webshop currently is not set up for direct orders from abroad. Have shipped several kits to Canada and US, no problem.
Will check up the current stock of parts and contact you by email,

Oyvind

rookie101
09-15-2018, 11:06 PM
Sounds good, let me know if you have stock on everything.

Aaron