PDA

View Full Version : Latest addition to fleet

tc1cat
03-18-2016, 12:53 PM
Here is a pic of the latest vehicle:

http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/tc1cat/DSC_0001_zpsqasimv3r.jpg (http://s371.photobucket.com/user/tc1cat/media/DSC_0001_zpsqasimv3r.jpg.html)

Painting this thing was a real pain. Body is not plastic but resin. First attempt failed horribly. Paint acted like there was silicon on the body and some of the grill. Used brake cleaner to remove the paint- Thanks Travis!!- and tried again. Acceptable paint job to me now as I plan to get this truck dirty. Why I picked black is beyond me. But not too bad now!

TRUCKMAKER
03-18-2016, 02:05 PM
Nice Lynn! Is it a hydraulic lift?

trucker n
03-18-2016, 04:21 PM
Nice dumper I just got one love it

tc1cat
03-18-2016, 04:28 PM
Yes, 5 stage hydraulic cylinder! Tested it at Travis' and it seems to have lots of power. Still needs lots of use as the cylinder seems to be very rough but was getting smoother the more it was used. Only leak so far was when I tipped the truck on its side to work on it and forgot about the vent on the hydraulic tank.:o All of the diffs are lockable from the radio so should do good in the dirt!

fhhhstix
03-18-2016, 08:14 PM
Looks great nice job buddy.

FabOne
03-18-2016, 09:43 PM
GREAT looking, Lynn.

Hoping to see you in a few weeks at Lebanon.

-Terry

Lil Giants
03-18-2016, 09:43 PM
Does Travis know how to properly bleed the air from a single acting cylinder?

fhhhstix
03-18-2016, 09:59 PM
Does Travis know how to properly bleed the air from a single acting cylinder?

Well how is it suposed to be done?

Lil Giants
03-18-2016, 10:23 PM
Meaning you just put it on the trk & pumped it up with oil Travis? :p

Remove cylinder from trk, but do not remove oil supply hose to cylinder. Turn cyl upside down, hold it between both hands applying some resistance while extending cyl with running pump. Fully extended, stop pump, count to ten so air bubbles rise to the top (bottom of cyl). Then retract cyl using pump, keeping cyl upside down & maintaining force on cyl between your hands till it's fully retracted. Repeat 2 more times. It should then be completely air bubble free.

Works good if one person handles the cyl while a 2nd person operates the radio... me usually being by myself used my knee & one hand to apply force to the cyl while operating radio with other hand... kind of a juggling act that if it slipped off my knee, then I had to start over again.

I did this to my flagship KH back in 2000 & it continues to this day to go up & down without hesitation, loaded or empty box. Wedico telescope cylinder.

fhhhstix
03-18-2016, 10:42 PM
I cheated with the truck on its side and line up. The bed goes up and down fine empty but is smother going up with a load in it. It’s the machining in the cylinder you can actually here the seals going by the machine lines. It seems to be a really nice cylinder and it is tight enough tolerances as it wars it will get smother and not start leaking like the wedicos the first time they see oil.

bigford
03-19-2016, 01:36 AM
my wedico cylinder didn't leak it just popped apart at the black clips.

JamesBC
03-19-2016, 11:00 AM
Maybe little late for this hint, but before starting paint work you can wash it off thoroughly with Windex. That removes any mold release off of resin and plastic parts, also finger oil ect ect.

Nice looking truck though, see nothing wrong with the paint job.

tc1cat
03-19-2016, 04:50 PM
Body was cleaned with alcohol and washed with Dawn dish soap to no avail. Most of the body parts came out OK just the main body and the front grill were the problems. Body really needs to be wet sanded and clear coated a second time and then polished or waxed but since it is going to be a work truck- not!!

JamesBC
03-19-2016, 05:57 PM
Body was cleaned with alcohol and washed with Dawn dish soap to no avail. Most of the body parts came out OK just the main body and the front grill were the problems. Body really needs to be wet sanded and clear coated a second time and then polished or waxed but since it is going to be a work truck- not!!

You know why dishes washed with Dawn or any brand of dish soap shine so nice, there is wax in it.

The best is Joy soap, why buy car wash soap when Joy is better and contains about the same amount of wax...

Izzy
03-20-2016, 07:59 AM
Nice addition Lynn. Play time is coming soon.

Northern Farmer
03-25-2016, 01:37 AM
Sweet rig how you liking it so far ?