PDA

View Full Version : Dx8i Carson tipper control

Steamindan
03-26-2016, 03:04 AM
Hi I have a tamiya man tgx and a Carson frigel tipper. How can I operate the tipper body via tx without wiring to rx in tractor unit. Is it possible to bind two rx or do I need to create a different model within the menu. I want to be able to hitch and unhitch trailer without touching the model. Many thanks

jack van
03-26-2016, 02:42 PM
try to bind 2 receivers at the same time maybe ?

doodlebug
03-26-2016, 06:55 PM
What radio do you have????

Lil Giants
03-26-2016, 10:00 PM
Yes you can bind two receivers at the same time for the same model copy. But the channels will be the same on both receivers, meaning if you're using throttle, rudder, aileron, eleveron for the truck, you can't use the same channels for the trailer too.

Lil Giants
03-26-2016, 10:02 PM
What radio do you have????

The title being Dx8i I would assume is Spektrum.

Steamindan
03-27-2016, 03:48 PM
Sorry for the delay, the radio I a DX8 spektrum. Thanks for the help.

Prop Shaft
03-27-2016, 07:01 PM
Im still not quite sure what your asking. How many channels are you needing? You can bind 2 receivers to different models on the transmitter and change back and forth.
If your asking how to program the transmitter to make the usable channels do what you want and assign to what switches you want? Then I may be able to help. I just went through this process to get my dx9 to do what I wanted it to. Its probably going to be a similar process for the dx8.
First step is to update the transmitter with the latest firmware. I had to do this in order to access the multi rotor model type. If you already have this type on your transmitter then you shouldnt need to update the firmware. Simply selecting multi rotor model type will allow you to assign any channel to any stick/knob/switch, or whatever. Hope this is a help.

Prop Shaft
03-27-2016, 07:09 PM
Ok I re-read first post. I think I know what your asking now, sorry Im tired.
Binding a second reciever would be a way. Something like this could be another possiblity.
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vendors-electronics/543241-add-channel.html

Cossett
03-28-2016, 02:12 AM
I would say binding another reciever to a different model memory on the radio would be the easiest way to operate the trailer as I was thinking something similar if I put a wrecker body on my day cab as I have a dx6i and 5 channels are already gone and I would need a few more to operate the wrecker body, and switching between the models is just a matter of pressing a few buttons .............

Cheers Tracy