PDA

View Full Version : Colour

buff69
05-11-2016, 06:53 AM
Anyone know what the real Actros/Actros SLT pant colour is its a silver/ greenie blue colour many thanks

Serviceguyuk
05-13-2016, 09:35 AM
Anyone know what the real Actros/Actros SLT pant colour is its a silver/ greenie blue colour many thanks

It's a nightmare trying to describe a colour so I found this which may help

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/touch-up-paint/mercedes-benz/2010/truck/

Just trying to help

Mike

buff69
05-14-2016, 07:07 AM
Cheers Mike yes it's a great help have found out which colour it is its silver it was the light on it which made it look different so never mind back to light gun metal I spose lol many thanks Lee��

Serviceguyuk
05-15-2016, 02:43 AM
Cheers Mike yes it's a great help have found out which colour it is its silver it was the light on it which made it look different so never mind back to light gun metal I spose lol many thanks Lee��

Hi Lee,

You're welcome.

Sometimes pearlescent paint gives off that look of different colours depending on the light and angle of viewing. I have tried to use OEM paint to get the same effect but on a relatively small model the effect doesn't seem to be the same. Maybe some of the guys here who are good with paint and finishing can give some advice better than an amateur like me but I'm told it's something to do with the particle size within the paint :confused:

It would be shame if you're going for a look that you have to sacrifice that look for the sake of a little research

If anyone does have any ideas on how to get that pearlescent look in a small scale model then I'd love to read it:)

Many thanks in advance anyone and everyone and best of luck to you Lee

Mike

buff69
05-15-2016, 06:19 AM
Cheers Mike yes me also would like to no I have found a near match but I'm going to try and find it on a Merc at a local Merc garage I would hate to spray my Actros with it and then hate the look of it but I have seen a Tamiya Actros on you tube in Light gun metal and it looks good but it's that niggling you get when you spray one colour and think what it would have looked like in the other colour never no mind lol Lee

fvasileios
05-15-2016, 06:40 PM
Hi there buff69...
You probably have seen mine on YouTube...i answered you on the video about the code I used.if you need anything else like other pics let me know...

Bill...

fvasileios
05-15-2016, 06:42 PM
http://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=10191

buff69
05-16-2016, 06:03 AM
Hi yes thanks just had another look very nice indeed they do look nice in silver so you didn't paint your chassis,I'm at a point now where I start needing to paint I'm at the mud guards stage and they need painting so now do I paint them black or body colour oh my brain hurts lol. I built the gearbox wrong and it was late sat night I was pulling e clips off and putting back in the right place without taking it all apart and I had greased it but glad I put it right now and not when the truck is finished yes more pics would be great also of the inside many thanks Bill. Lee