PDA

View Full Version : making a new trailer

Banshee250R
01-05-2011, 08:02 AM
hey guys im new to the site and to RC trucks and after stumbling across a video of a tipper on youtube from diesel950 i fell in love with the idea and i got on to ebay and im ordering a ford aeromax prime mover.
i am also in the process of designing up a trailer at the moment based on a 36ft Muscat TOA tipper, got a copy of the original blueprints of a good mate of mine to sort out the measurements so hopefully i can start on that soon

i am basing it on a mid 90's model muscat because my pop had one when he used to cart coal out of the hunter valley (around newcastle area) and i loved that trailer looked good too :D

wish me luck for my 1st build lol

540-MAN
01-05-2011, 08:39 AM
Hi Banshee your not alone on that one in building a trailer for the first time as i'm new to it all and just bought a MAN and i am looking at building a curtain side b-double for it.

I had some help from Tim here in WA from the club and he has given me some great idea's, Thanks Tim. Once it's finished mate and they are the way you want it, it will be worth it in the long run.

Banshee250R
01-05-2011, 09:10 AM
yeah i will see how i go with it lol

if the 36fter turns out good i will build a Tip Over Axle A-trailer aswell, should look the goods then

540-MAN
01-05-2011, 09:47 AM
Cool you'll have to show us pictures when your building and finished it.

Banshee250R
01-05-2011, 10:10 AM
yeah i will definately be taking lots of pics lol

when i build it and people like it i guess i could/would make a few more and sell them maybe, see what happens i guess

Brian in PA
01-05-2011, 10:40 AM
Hey man, welcome! I love your signature.

Brian

Cossett
01-05-2011, 10:20 PM
Hi Banshee250R welcome, good luck with your first build looking forward to watching it :D

Cheers Cossett

Stuff
01-06-2011, 12:12 AM
welcome aboard!

Ive built a trailer out of a Bruder drop deck and im in the process of making a box trailer from a chinese pos and whats left of my pole trailer lol

Banshee250R
01-06-2011, 03:46 AM
Hey man, welcome! I love your signature.

Brian

hahaha yeah i had that on a sticker on my grandfathers truck i used to drive when i was younger, the jakes on that....holy **** it was loud:D

thanks for the welcome guys:)

better make a thread in the introduction section lol