PDA

View Full Version : New Eagle Mach Excavator 1/14

chris deacon
05-31-2016, 06:06 PM
Surprise no one has mentioned this here yet?
https://eaglemach.en.alibaba.com/product/60453836110-220105914/1_14_Scale_RC_Hydraulic_Excavator_2_0_Version.html

Northern Farmer
05-31-2016, 07:22 PM
Oh h3ll yeah thanks for sharing! Awesome looking forward to seeing it released!

Northern Farmer
05-31-2016, 07:42 PM
Am I seeing only 3 servos on the valve block....bummer

Rimrock
06-01-2016, 01:23 AM
There it is) It was not too hard to imagine that the big price drop we've seen of their current excavator might had something to do with a new model coming. big step forward regarding design and detailing, probably using the current hydraulics, and the brushless track motors that has been an option for the current model.
Was actually not a bad idea the solution they original had with the 4 valve block, where the 4'th valve guided the oil and pressure directly to the tank when none of the 3 main valves where in action. That solution was there in order to save power, as the not very economical oversized pump motor they have gone for would draw a lot more power when running at full speed and full pressure towards the PRV. A optional way then the 4'th valve is to just have a 3 block valve, and then program the channel/radio to adjust the pump motor speed automatically according to how many valves are in action. This is the way the high end excavators usually are set up. In addition they use pumps/motors with higher efficiency -> less power drawn. When no valve are in action, the pump typically drops to like 20-30% of max speed, then it will speed up step by step depending how many valve are engaged

bigford
06-01-2016, 03:26 AM
bigger or smaller then the 4200??

Northern Farmer
06-01-2016, 06:41 AM
I'm guessing smaller since it's going to be 1/14 ? Looks to be about the same size as 4200.

http://i67.tinypic.com/2a2t1e.jpg

RCP57
06-01-2016, 09:09 AM
I like the looks of the extra hold downs on the boom and stick for the hydraulic lines. Maybe they are planning to add accessories?

thetractorfan
06-03-2016, 01:28 PM
I like the looks of the extra hold downs on the boom and stick for the hydraulic lines. Maybe they are planning to add accessories?

If they do, they will probably make a hydraulic hammer.

RCP57
06-03-2016, 01:54 PM
I was thinking hydraulic chopsticks:eek::rolleyes:

I know, I know. Get back in the garage....:cop::cop:

TRUCKMAKER
06-03-2016, 02:09 PM
I was thinking hydraulic chopsticks:eek::rolleyes:

I know, I know. Get back in the garage....:cop::cop:

Why, are going to teach the wife how to run it so she can feed you while your busy building dump boxes? :lol: :lol: :D

bigford
06-03-2016, 02:55 PM
one of those big I-beam shears

Northern Farmer
09-11-2016, 05:14 AM
http://i63.tinypic.com/2wrl0lk.png
http://www.eaglemach.net/nd.jsp?id=14&_np=103_308

Cooper
09-11-2016, 12:34 PM
What would be nice is if they improve undercarriage. Slightly more speed and more power.

Azonic
09-12-2016, 11:11 AM
Nice, looks like a Volvo EC290B or something close to that.

TheBennyB
09-24-2016, 11:27 PM
Anyone have one yet. Thought site said Sept. release?

Northern Farmer
09-24-2016, 11:49 PM
Naw no production version yet :( Maybe Eagle M. decided to release it more towards the holidays ?

Northern Farmer
10-03-2016, 07:03 AM
You can view more recent pictures here
http://www.csmi.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&path=73&product_id=452

10-03-2016, 08:00 PM
http://i63.tinypic.com/2wrl0lk.png
http://www.eaglemach.net/nd.jsp?id=14&_np=103_308

This is from China website

Kaan
10-04-2016, 02:23 AM
Do you guys think it worths to sell old one, get updated version? I might sell my version 2 to get this one.

Northern Farmer
10-04-2016, 06:20 AM
You can always try selling your 4200 to get the newer version, but their liquidating the older 4200 so it might be hard to sell.

Kaan
10-04-2016, 03:08 PM
just not sure if it worth to upgrade or not.

TheBennyB
10-04-2016, 11:22 PM
Thats my plan. Sell my V2 4200 and grab one of these. After they've been out a bit of course to see if any bugs show up. Like the idea of the smaller scale. Just hope it digs as well as the 4200.

Rimrock
10-06-2016, 12:48 PM
What I've understood is that the hydraulics in this new 'Volvo' is the same as in the latest version of the 4200. And there is brushless track motors as standard. Similar reach and so on as the 4200 quite likely. What is strange is that they used the cab and counterweight of the EC360B version, but the engine covers are from a newer D series, EC350D..;) Can't figure out what's the purpose there..'Volvo will not sue us because we have brilliantly mixed components from two different series' I don't think anyone in china can be sued for any copy right issues anyway by a foregin company, they have their own laws there, so why not just make it a correct copy when one first put so much design work in to it?) Anyway, no big deal, few will ever notice, looks great, big step forward when it comes to excavator design from Eaglemach. At Eaglematch webpage it still says it will soon be released, but I was in contact with CMSI in Austraila today and they confirmed they have some of them in stock now.

Northern Farmer
10-06-2016, 01:18 PM
Cool thanks for the update Oyvind :)

Rimrock
10-06-2016, 02:23 PM
Not that I have any deep knowledge of chineese laws..:) Just imagined that they could 'get away with' a exact unlicensed model, but just brand it 'Heavy') But again, no real issue that they have chosen to be a bit creative with some mixing, I'll easily forgive them considering the nice price level)

Doggy
10-07-2016, 04:06 AM
They could get away in China, but you wouldnt be able to export it outside of China.

Northern Farmer
10-07-2016, 04:37 PM
You can see the new excavator in the background :D

https://youtu.be/AItq8uEDyBE

Lil Giants
10-07-2016, 10:07 PM
You can see the new excavator in the background :D

https://youtu.be/AItq8uEDyBE

That's a THS Volvo excavator

Northern Farmer
10-08-2016, 01:33 AM
That's a THS Volvo excavator

No sir it is not. It's your favorite company producing them Eagle machinery ;)

This is the backside of THS excavator...not the same.
http://i64.tinypic.com/2yuzqip.jpg

ddc333
10-08-2016, 03:25 AM
Actually I'd say its Ramon Zollers custom built volvo

Lil Giants
10-08-2016, 04:14 AM
Actually I'd say its Ramon Zollers custom built volvo

That cross my mind as it might be Ramon's too Daniel, as I did see his build threads on the Volvo wheel loader & roller packer, but the excavator he only showed the beginning. Both he & CSMI live in Perth, WA & likely participate in the same club with titandiggs.

http://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=3249&highlight=Ramon

trewq
10-22-2016, 01:41 PM
Hi all,

For some time I was fancying about buying a digger or a loader. And now I realized that Eagle Machinery is having this new digger offered.

Anyone got experience with this new machine? What is delivered with the base model? Are there any option parts offered, buckets or attachments?
Anyone got the "unboxing video"?

I am really looking in to buying a digger and this one seems to tick all the boxes. I'd really like to hearsome feedback from owners before I pull the trigger.

TheBennyB
10-22-2016, 05:48 PM
Oyvind, please tell us your coming up with a brushed track motor upgrade for this sucker?
Like to drive mine through our small creek and brushless ain't gonna cut it. I have no problem throwing in a
sabertooth to accommodate the brushed motors.

Kaan
10-24-2016, 10:22 PM
it's offical now

http://store.rc4wd.com/114-Scale-Earth-Digger-360L-Hydraulic-Excavator-RTR_p_5187.html

2700$ plus 450$ shipping.

rc_farmer
10-25-2016, 12:09 AM
Looks good, but I'll wait for the reviews

Papy
10-25-2016, 04:13 AM
I received one yesterday from RC4WD, just one week after payment.

I have just had the time to get it out of the "box" (no wooden box, just carton and styrene) and clean the styrene/oil mess :eek::eek::eek:

Shipping package issues apart, looks like a nice model for the price.

Although some dimensions are out of scale and it is not a real model (mix of B an D series features) the castings are excellent and equivalent to diecast models quality.

Cab is clearly 1/14,5 scale, and, if you consider that scale, most of the dimensions make it a 460/480 model (50 ton class).

Pictures and more details to follow :)

trewq
10-27-2016, 01:14 PM
I received one yesterday from RC4WD, just one week after payment.

Hey bro,
I reckon half of this forum is looking at your profile, hoping to see some review of this new model :)
I'm also trying to make the decision between this one and The Mother digger.
This one would be just under 4000€ after tax and the mother would be about 25% higher price... so I'm really waiting for a review to make up my mind.

trucker n
10-27-2016, 09:16 PM
I would buy the mother excavator over this one anyday

trewq
10-28-2016, 08:57 AM
Trucker_n that seems to be a good point.
From what I've seen, The Mother machine can do some serious work around the house.
The only problem is use of it in a "scale" park.
I don't think I have roads large enough for this machine to be transported. That brings another point - I could build roads with The Mother!

Rimrock
10-28-2016, 04:14 PM
[QUOTE=trewq;149949]Hey bro,
I reckon half of this forum is looking at your profile, hoping to see some review of this new model :)
I'm also trying to make the decision between this one and The Mother digger.
This one would be just under 4000€ after tax and the mother would be about 25% higher price... so I'm really waiting for a review to make up my mind.[/QUOTE

'the Mother' machine is of another league than the Eagle/RC4WD...just difficult to compare..And it's 36t vs 70t machine...The 360L is a more handy machine to deal with sizevice, just 235mm width of the undercarriage, well suited for low loaders. 4-5000 € for the 'Mother', wasn't that just a symbolic introduction price...or you can really order one for that price now..? With the 360L, in 'worst case' you need to replace the valve block and pump with Jung/Premacon, so ad a 1000€.

Rimrock
10-28-2016, 04:22 PM
Oyvind, please tell us your coming up with a brushed track motor upgrade for this sucker?
Like to drive mine through our small creek and brushless ain't gonna cut it. I have no problem throwing in a
sabertooth to accommodate the brushed motors.

Benny...the though have struck me, maybe I have to look into it..) But possible just first give the original ones a chance, and see what how they will hold up...

liftmys10
10-28-2016, 06:08 PM
'the Mother' machine is of another league than the Eagle/RC4WD...just difficult to compare..And it's 36t vs 70t machine...The 360L is a more handy machine to deal with sizevice, just 235mm width of the undercarriage, well suited for low loaders. 4-5000 € for the 'Mother', wasn't that just a symbolic introduction price...or you can really order one for that price now..? With the 360L, in 'worst case' you need to replace the valve block and pump with Jung/Premacon, so ad a 1000€.
I agree, they are 2 different equipments and hard to compare. For that price, the Mother earth mover already includes Premacon valve block and pressure relief valve.
Not to mention the cylinders are industrial hydraulics made with industrial gaskets and the shaft is chrome treated, not something that was made at home. The pump is also industrial. It's surprisingly very quiet.

trewq
10-29-2016, 04:07 PM
How much is the Premacon valve block?
how many channels is the block that is used in the digger, 3 or 4?

Rimrock
10-30-2016, 01:37 AM
How much is the Premacon valve block?
how many channels is the block that is used in the digger, 3 or 4?

For prices, best adcive is check out Premacon online shop..One just need a x3 block for the basic functions in a RC exvavator. Some go for x4 if they want to have hydraulic quick connector for the buckets, tilting buckets etc. But thats additional expensive equipment for the advanced users. Later on one can always ad a single valve, or 2,

trewq
10-30-2016, 03:29 AM
I've googled for Premacon just after posting the previous message.
Oh my dear how lovely models they produce!

I wish I could afford one whole model...

So, the price for a single valve block is 79EUR, not too bad for someone who wants to buy a valve and make a replica of the same or the "budget" build.
Their pumps look business too, but the main advantage behind their hydraulic system, as I see it, is having a hydraulic filter employed. I have not seen that with MAGOM or other cheap, cheap companies.

So, now I need to make up my mind on what I really wanna build.
Excavator is cool for my scale park roads that need to be built. Loader is also desirable for quick loading and planning of the roads. Dozer would serve it's purpose too in making new roads and making things flat...

****, I really need to focus on a single machine if I wanna build one. lol

The conclusion is that I wont spend my money one RC4WD excavator.

Papy
10-30-2016, 05:06 AM
Sorry for the waiting time.....the 1:1 scale sandbox took a lot of my time in the past days.

I do not want to compare this "360" with another model, as I do not have any idea of what the others are worse.

I will not add a lot of pictures also, as the model can be seen from all angles on the RC4WD website. If you are interested in a specific detail, just ask, I will try my best to satisfy.

Just facts :

About dimensions, as mentionned above, if you consider the scale is 1/14.5 the "360" is based on a Volvo 460B/480D model, so a 45/50 metric tonnes model.

Undercarriage is 248mm wide and 303mm from center of tumbler to center of idler wheel, which make it exactly fit the dimensions of the variable gauge 480DL chassis in extended position. However, it represents a fixed gauge chassis. This "mistake" apart, the details are excellent.

The upperstructure features a scale "B series" looking cab, with a decent interior.

The one piece, heavy counterweight is also modeled after a B series and looks nice.

Overall, the upperstructure is 231mm wide, which is out of scale whatever the original model considered. 36/50 tonnes machines are just 2990mm wide and this would give around 210mm in 1/14.5 scale

The left hood panel and resulting counterweight clearance radius are the only things clearly inspired from a 360D.

The right panel has louvers, which is pure imagination, and looks particularly weird on the area where you are supposed to find the hydraulic tank of the real machine.

The top panel shows anti-slip material, which is accurately molded.

All the parts are die-cast in zinc or aluminium alloy with a high quality of the details.

The digging equipment features the 7.00 metres standard 480D boom with the 3.35 meters stick. The digging enveloppe of the model looks close to the previous 4200XL, but I did not have the opportunity to put both models aside.

Although "only" 100mm wide, the bucket is really a masterpiece of casting! It's plenty of details (wear plates, reinforcement gussets, etc.) and looks decently close to a real bucket. Now, will the alloy resist to real play? Only time will tell.

As you can see on the two pictures, the guts under the hood are arranged with care, and there is space enough for a big battery (8500 mAh in place). Be careful, the maximum battery dimensions given on the website are absolutely not realistic.
http://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5764&stc=1&d=1477814863 http://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5765&stc=1&d=1477814863

The hydraulics are very interesting. The new system features 2 check valves in the circuit. One is located on top of the main valves and the second is "hidden" in the de-dusting filter on top of the hood. This last one is used to adjust the max pressure by simply rotating the cover (no tool required), and the integrated manometer directly shows the result.
The real positive point is that the pressure in the circuit remains at a low level when no function is activated. To my knowledge, no other model manufacturer offer this advantage.
I haven't made a test "in field" now, but the equipment forces seem to be way enough for serious digging.

Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to tell as much as I could about this model. I hope this helps :)

Rimrock
10-30-2016, 06:15 AM
Thanks for your info Papy. Have you checked the weight of the machine? It's said that the tracks are of steel now, not the weak aluminium castings as the last version of the 4200. Can you do a magnet test?)

Papy
10-30-2016, 06:59 AM
The weight is 27kg, which is very heavy for such a model and gives a lot of stability.

The tracks are nicely detailed dut definitely not C45 grade steel. Probably aluminium or zinc/aluminium alloy. Only the rollers and idler wheels are machined from steel.

As the discussion of the comparison with a 70 ton class machine was opened in this topic, here are some more pictures with the model side by side with my EC700B for size comparison.

http://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5766&stc=1&d=1477824911http://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5767&stc=1&d=1477824911http://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5768&stc=1&d=1477824911

Rimrock
10-30-2016, 07:51 AM
27 kgs is unnecessary heavy...the 4200 is around 20 kg, and seams like a ok weight. surpriced that they have added additional 7 kg's on top of that..Just makes it more 'stressfull' to carry around and to transport on a low loader. I guess the THS 480 Volvo in 1:14.5 is around 15 kgs, which is a correct weight of a 50 ton machine in this scale. But naturally, it don't hurt with some additional dead weight.
Ah..I'm not surprized with the small C45 steel tracks lie...I did not had much thrust about that info given in the product spec.

Papy
10-30-2016, 08:48 AM
I agree with you on the "too much weight" point. I would add that most manufacturers (not only eagle mach) also put too much power and too much oil flow, leading to 50ton models behaving (shaking!) like mini-excavators.

Back to the "360" model. This is clearly not intended to be a super scale model for rivets counters, but just a nice looking, pretty realistic, [nearly] RTR, efficient toy at a relatively affordable price.

I bought this one to have something to put in the hands of the youngers/beginners who visit my workshop or come to me during exhibitions and want to "try". You better let them play with a 2700$ solid model than the one you spent 1'000 hours to build (or your ++15'000$ FumoTremaHScontec......if you have one)
And in my opinion, that target is reached.

trewq
10-30-2016, 04:08 PM
The hydraulics are very interesting. The new system features 2 check valves in the circuit. One is located on top of the main valves and the second is "hidden" in the de-dusting filter on top of the hood. This last one is used to adjust the max pressure by simply rotating the cover (no tool required), and the integrated manometer directly shows the result.
The real positive point is that the pressure in the circuit remains at a low level when no function is activated. To my knowledge, no other model manufacturer offer this advantage.
I haven't made a test "in field" now, but the equipment forces seem to be way enough for serious digging.

Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to tell as much as I could about this model. I hope this helps :)
I like your review!
Please let us know how the castings stand to use and abuse.

In regards to dual stage hydraulic system;
- exactly what I have in mind for my project - if I ever get to that stage instead just pulling the trigger on the prebuilt model.

I think that the benefits of such system are in reduced energy wasted while the hydraulic system is "idling"... I'll have to try something similar with my hydraulic parts soon.

Oh, I nearly forgot to address the weight issue.
I know that it is very hard to pull a loaded trailer. 27kg, I bet the trailer has at least 3 to 5 more and that makes really heavy load. I don't fancy trying to tow that on a loose surface. But, isn't that what is fun? Building your tractor truck with large reduction rates, having decent amount of power, building and "cheating" the drivetrain to make it - yeah, that sounds fun to me!

headers
10-31-2016, 06:34 AM
Congratulations on your equipment she is a beauty and hope you have tons of fun with it and also thanks for all the info you have shared.

Papy
10-31-2016, 08:00 AM
I like your review!

Oh, I nearly forgot to address the weight issue.
I know that it is very hard to pull a loaded trailer. 27kg, I bet the trailer has at least 3 to 5 more and that makes really heavy load. I don't fancy trying to tow that on a loose surface. But, isn't that what is fun? Building your tractor truck with large reduction rates, having decent amount of power, building and "cheating" the drivetrain to make it - yeah, that sounds fun to me!

Thank you all for the kind comments!

For the weight on a trailer, I can confirm this is absolutely not an issue if you have a "beast" under the gooseneck......but do not consider tuning only the powertrain will do the trick : standard Tam suspensions will just be crushed :D
I strongly recommand installing a pair of Reg's excellent walking beams :cool:

headers
10-31-2016, 08:45 AM
The weight is 27kg, which is very heavy for such a model and gives a lot of stability.

The tracks are nicely detailed dut definitely not C45 grade steel. Probably aluminium or zinc/aluminium alloy. Only the rollers and idler wheels are machined from steel.

As the discussion of the comparison with a 70 ton class machine was opened in this topic, here are some more pictures with the model side by side with my EC700B for size comparison.

http://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5766&stc=1&d=1477824911http://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5767&stc=1&d=1477824911http://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5768&stc=1&d=1477824911

The pictures did not post for the comparison

Papy
10-31-2016, 11:15 AM
Probably a temporary problem, but here they are, from another source

https://i97.servimg.com/u/f97/12/58/20/29/dsc02112.jpg

https://i97.servimg.com/u/f97/12/58/20/29/dsc02110.jpg

https://i97.servimg.com/u/f97/12/58/20/29/dsc02111.jpg

headers
10-31-2016, 02:19 PM
WOW they are both beautiful machines nice size

Papy
10-31-2016, 03:37 PM
The only difference, except the size, is one of them took only one click (and some $$$) to be here and RTR.......the other one started from the drawing board many years ago and will certainly not be ready under the christmas tree this year :p

RCP57
10-31-2016, 04:30 PM
I know which one I would want if I were in your will.lol

scottyk
11-01-2016, 08:15 AM
looks pretty good to me! Ive never been a fan of Chinese manufacturing but these seem to be of decent quality

JAMMER
11-01-2016, 09:30 AM
I would not want the Chinese one I would want the other one. Ed

Papy
11-01-2016, 03:59 PM
......It's said that the tracks are of steel now, not the weak aluminium castings as the last version of the 4200. Can you do a magnet test?

As I said in a previous post, the tracks are definitely not steel.

Just to keep you updated, here is the official answer I got from RC4WD after sending them an email pointing the issue :

"Sorry for our mistake, the track is indeed made from zinc alloy.

Thanks for the information, we will update our website shortly."

Papy
11-02-2016, 09:37 AM
Not so bad looking on a low-loader

https://i97.servimg.com/u/f97/12/58/20/29/dsc02113.jpg

https://i97.servimg.com/u/f97/12/58/20/29/dsc02114.jpg

https://i97.servimg.com/u/f97/12/58/20/29/dsc02115.jpg

TRUCKMAKER
11-02-2016, 10:06 AM
Nice Mack!

bigford
11-02-2016, 11:16 AM
Nice set up!! Papy you seen my lowboy loaded with all
Of cooper's machine's the lowboy can handle it.
Reg's walking beams and a thicker frame plate for
The fifth wheel and I haul 150 pounds

Papy
11-02-2016, 02:12 PM
A bit off topic, but the walking beam is a perfect solution to handle heavy loads like large equipment.

Of course, this Mack needed a "Camelback" walking beam :p

https://i37.servimg.com/u/f37/12/58/20/29/dsc02110.jpg

bigford
11-02-2016, 02:25 PM
Nice camel back. I lost a lot of coffee driving them

Papy
11-02-2016, 03:18 PM
:D

Blue Curacao 999
11-03-2016, 07:12 PM
My earth digger - love it!!!

https://c1.staticflickr.com/6/5350/30461596560_8a26f3538b_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/NpMDoG)forum1 (https://flic.kr/p/NpMDoG) by Julian Dänzer (https://www.flickr.com/photos/94435672@N04/), auf Flickr

https://c8.staticflickr.com/6/5568/30673975871_dcce734e32_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/NJy9mX)forum3 (https://flic.kr/p/NJy9mX) by Julian Dänzer (https://www.flickr.com/photos/94435672@N04/), auf Flickr

https://c6.staticflickr.com/6/5442/30673979821_54b62ec97e_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/NJyax4)forum5 (https://flic.kr/p/NJyax4) by Julian Dänzer (https://www.flickr.com/photos/94435672@N04/), auf Flickr

trewq
11-04-2016, 04:52 AM
Uh uh,
that looks so nice!

scottyk
11-05-2016, 12:01 PM
very nice!

Claus
11-06-2016, 10:13 PM
A bit off topic, but the walking beam is a perfect solution to handle heavy loads like large equipment.

Of course, this Mack needed a "Camelback" walking beam :p

https://i37.servimg.com/u/f37/12/58/20/29/dsc02110.jpg

That's beautiful!

thebigo
11-10-2016, 10:03 AM
My earth digger - love it!!!

https://c1.staticflickr.com/6/5350/30461596560_8a26f3538b_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/NpMDoG)forum1 (https://flic.kr/p/NpMDoG) by Julian Dänzer (https://www.flickr.com/photos/94435672@N04/), auf Flickr

https://c8.staticflickr.com/6/5568/30673975871_dcce734e32_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/NJy9mX)forum3 (https://flic.kr/p/NJy9mX) by Julian Dänzer (https://www.flickr.com/photos/94435672@N04/), auf Flickr

https://c6.staticflickr.com/6/5442/30673979821_54b62ec97e_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/NJyax4)forum5 (https://flic.kr/p/NJyax4) by Julian Dänzer (https://www.flickr.com/photos/94435672@N04/), auf Flickr

Congratulations, very nice excavator... I really like the older model but I wish I had this one.

David

Blue Curacao 999
11-16-2016, 12:28 PM
RC4WD 360L lifts Tamiya Actros with Semi Trailer

Check out on my channel Youtube ('http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYH43o1hXBXMA73DhSqBoKw?sub_confirmation=1')

https://c7.staticflickr.com/6/5634/22826297878_dd6a274268_z.jpg ('https://flic.kr/p/AM5K6Y')360l lifts tamiya actors with trailer ('https://flic.kr/p/AM5K6Y') by Julian Dänzer ('https://www.flickr.com/photos/94435672@N04/'), auf Flickr

markturbo
12-06-2016, 12:31 PM
So anyone in the USA/Canada looking to go with the new model want to sell me their used 4200XL V.2 for a good price:)

thetractorfan
12-14-2016, 09:32 AM
That's beautiful!

Looks very nice!

egronvold
12-21-2016, 01:47 PM
Installed lights on a friends 360. Took the opportunity to take some pictures of the inside of the excavator, and some pictures to compare the size to my Stahl:

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn304/ls_15/Earthdigger360/IMG_1502.jpg (http://s307.photobucket.com/user/ls_15/media/Earthdigger360/IMG_1502.jpg.html)

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn304/ls_15/Earthdigger360/IMG_1503.jpg (http://s307.photobucket.com/user/ls_15/media/Earthdigger360/IMG_1503.jpg.html)

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn304/ls_15/Earthdigger360/IMG_1504.jpg (http://s307.photobucket.com/user/ls_15/media/Earthdigger360/IMG_1504.jpg.html)

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn304/ls_15/Earthdigger360/IMG_1505.jpg (http://s307.photobucket.com/user/ls_15/media/Earthdigger360/IMG_1505.jpg.html)

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn304/ls_15/Earthdigger360/IMG_1506.jpg (http://s307.photobucket.com/user/ls_15/media/Earthdigger360/IMG_1506.jpg.html)

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn304/ls_15/Earthdigger360/IMG_1507.jpg (http://s307.photobucket.com/user/ls_15/media/Earthdigger360/IMG_1507.jpg.html)

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn304/ls_15/Earthdigger360/IMG_1508.jpg (http://s307.photobucket.com/user/ls_15/media/Earthdigger360/IMG_1508.jpg.html)

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn304/ls_15/Earthdigger360/IMG_1509.jpg (http://s307.photobucket.com/user/ls_15/media/Earthdigger360/IMG_1509.jpg.html)

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn304/ls_15/Earthdigger360/IMG_1511.jpg (http://s307.photobucket.com/user/ls_15/media/Earthdigger360/IMG_1511.jpg.html)

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn304/ls_15/Earthdigger360/IMG_1512.jpg (http://s307.photobucket.com/user/ls_15/media/Earthdigger360/IMG_1512.jpg.html)

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn304/ls_15/Earthdigger360/IMG_1513.jpg (http://s307.photobucket.com/user/ls_15/media/Earthdigger360/IMG_1513.jpg.html)

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn304/ls_15/Earthdigger360/IMG_1514.jpg (http://s307.photobucket.com/user/ls_15/media/Earthdigger360/IMG_1514.jpg.html)

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn304/ls_15/Earthdigger360/IMG_1515.jpg (http://s307.photobucket.com/user/ls_15/media/Earthdigger360/IMG_1515.jpg.html)

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn304/ls_15/Earthdigger360/IMG_1517.jpg (http://s307.photobucket.com/user/ls_15/media/Earthdigger360/IMG_1517.jpg.html)

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn304/ls_15/Earthdigger360/IMG_1518.jpg (http://s307.photobucket.com/user/ls_15/media/Earthdigger360/IMG_1518.jpg.html)

liftmys10
12-21-2016, 02:50 PM
Great photo comparison! Thank you.

avel
12-22-2016, 04:33 AM
Yes, thank you for posting these pictures. I've been curious about this excavator.

egronvold
12-22-2016, 12:41 PM
It'a a huge difference in weight, the RC4WD weighs around 33 kilos!

Valdosetti
12-22-2016, 02:08 PM
Wow! That's a lot of metal for the price they charging. Nice machine, congrats!

Lil Giants
12-22-2016, 03:52 PM
It'a a huge difference in weight, the RC4WD weighs around 33 kilos!

So the majority of the model is now steel?

egronvold
12-22-2016, 06:06 PM
So the majority of the model is now steel?

Not sure, but it's very heavy. I think the counterweight alone is close to the Stahl. My friend says it's very nice to use.

Northern Farmer
12-29-2016, 04:59 AM
Installed lights on a friends 360. Took the opportunity to take some pictures of the inside of the excavator, and some pictures to compare the size to my Stahl:

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn304/ls_15/Earthdigger360/IMG_1502.jpg (http://s307.photobucket.com/user/ls_15/media/Earthdigger360/IMG_1502.jpg.html)

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn304/ls_15/Earthdigger360/IMG_1503.jpg (http://s307.photobucket.com/user/ls_15/media/Earthdigger360/IMG_1503.jpg.html)

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn304/ls_15/Earthdigger360/IMG_1504.jpg (http://s307.photobucket.com/user/ls_15/media/Earthdigger360/IMG_1504.jpg.html)

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn304/ls_15/Earthdigger360/IMG_1505.jpg (http://s307.photobucket.com/user/ls_15/media/Earthdigger360/IMG_1505.jpg.html)

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn304/ls_15/Earthdigger360/IMG_1506.jpg (http://s307.photobucket.com/user/ls_15/media/Earthdigger360/IMG_1506.jpg.html)

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn304/ls_15/Earthdigger360/IMG_1507.jpg (http://s307.photobucket.com/user/ls_15/media/Earthdigger360/IMG_1507.jpg.html)

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn304/ls_15/Earthdigger360/IMG_1508.jpg (http://s307.photobucket.com/user/ls_15/media/Earthdigger360/IMG_1508.jpg.html)

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn304/ls_15/Earthdigger360/IMG_1509.jpg (http://s307.photobucket.com/user/ls_15/media/Earthdigger360/IMG_1509.jpg.html)

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn304/ls_15/Earthdigger360/IMG_1511.jpg (http://s307.photobucket.com/user/ls_15/media/Earthdigger360/IMG_1511.jpg.html)

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn304/ls_15/Earthdigger360/IMG_1512.jpg (http://s307.photobucket.com/user/ls_15/media/Earthdigger360/IMG_1512.jpg.html)

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn304/ls_15/Earthdigger360/IMG_1513.jpg (http://s307.photobucket.com/user/ls_15/media/Earthdigger360/IMG_1513.jpg.html)

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn304/ls_15/Earthdigger360/IMG_1514.jpg (http://s307.photobucket.com/user/ls_15/media/Earthdigger360/IMG_1514.jpg.html)

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn304/ls_15/Earthdigger360/IMG_1515.jpg (http://s307.photobucket.com/user/ls_15/media/Earthdigger360/IMG_1515.jpg.html)

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn304/ls_15/Earthdigger360/IMG_1517.jpg (http://s307.photobucket.com/user/ls_15/media/Earthdigger360/IMG_1517.jpg.html)

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn304/ls_15/Earthdigger360/IMG_1518.jpg (http://s307.photobucket.com/user/ls_15/media/Earthdigger360/IMG_1518.jpg.html)

Thanks for sharing some detailed pictures of Eagle's new excavator. The company definitely made improvements with this model! :)

fabi
01-01-2017, 04:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brW1pwY4oUo

Install transmitter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXODWKR7znc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHM7pcPTUtw

:-)

Northern Farmer
01-20-2017, 12:34 AM
RC4WD now offering Volvo decals for the new excavator :cool:

http://store.rc4wd.com/Volvo-Decal-Sheet-Set-for-112-Earth-Digger-360L_p_5271.html

Northern Farmer
02-05-2017, 07:04 AM
Eagle now selling a light kit for the excavator.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/1-14-Volvo-Excavator-Light-Module-JD-106A/347552_32772795165.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.ETmZ fO

Northern Farmer
03-11-2017, 02:33 AM
Noticed CSMI is selling metal stone guard for the new excavator, looks good :cool:

http://www.csmi.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=313&mfp=path[73]

Northern Farmer
03-11-2017, 02:36 AM
Eagle also sells it :)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Model-jdm-52-tamiya-tamiya1-14-dump-truck-after-original/1413718255.html?spm=2114.12010108.1000013.4.CnDf8V&scm=1007.13339.33317.0&pvid=a3ced0ce-9f7f-4e84-b923-53d1f1cea6d6&tpp=1

honda3
03-26-2017, 06:45 PM
What size are the clear hydraulic lines?

Northern Farmer
03-27-2017, 08:21 PM
What size are the clear hydraulic lines?

Pretty sure it's 4mm ID. The smaller hydraulic tubing is 2.5mm ID

http://store.rc4wd.com/4mm-Heavy-Duty-Hydraulic-Tubing_p_3598.html

Specifications:
Alloy Zinc and Alloy Aluminum Casting (except Track and Hydraulic Pump)
Custom 8 Channel 2.4Ghz Radio
Preinstalled High Intensity Light Sockets (Wire and bulbs are not included)
Optimized Steel Hydraulic System
Scale Driving Figure Ready (Not included)
Steel Molded Tracks (50mm Width, 45 Grade Carbon Steel)
Efficient Undercarriage
Reliable Hydraulic Valve and Adjustable Pump
Heavy Duty Hoses (OD 4.5mm Nylon, ID 2.5mm)
Undercarriage May Rotate 360 Degrees (Endless)
Powder-coated in Yellow and Grey
Massive Brushless System (Including driving and turning)
Hydraulic System 60A Brushless ESC, Driving and Turning System 30A Brushless ESC
270Kv Brushless Monster Torque Motor, Shaft dia. 3.0mm
XT60 Power Plug Female
Run Time: 20 Minutes based on 4200mAh, 11.1V Battery
Steel Machined Oil Pump (60mm x 60mm x 93mm)
Digging Force: 15kg / 33lbs
Max Lifting Force: 70Kg / 154lbs
Driving Speed: 360 Meter per hour
Scale: 1:14
Length: 823mm / 32.4in
Width: 234mm / 9.21in
Height: 260mm / 10.2in
30 Days Limited Warranty
Operating Oil Pressure: 2.5Mpa
Inside Cab Length: 4.72in / 120mm
Inside Cab Width: 2.55in / 65mm
Inside Cab Height: 4.21in / 107mm
Deadweight: 26Kg / 57lbs

honda3
03-27-2017, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the reply. I thought the hose their selling on RC4WD was the smaller black line running to the cylinders on the 360L. I couldn't find the clear lines for sale anywhere.

Northern Farmer
03-27-2017, 10:57 PM
Thanks for the reply. I thought the hose their selling on RC4WD was the smaller black line running to the cylinders on the 360L. I couldn't find the clear lines for sale anywhere.

Yeah there's two sizes available on their site

4mm ID
http://store.rc4wd.com/4mm-Heavy-Duty-Hydraulic-Tubing_p_3598.html

2.5/ 2mm ID
http://store.rc4wd.com/2mm-Heavy-Duty-Hydraulic-Tubing_p_3113.html

Northern Farmer
03-27-2017, 11:13 PM
This is the smaller 2.5mm hydraulic line for comparison.
http://www.rcbrmin.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66_91&products_id=668

http://i66.tinypic.com/1zcoao9.jpg

honda3
03-28-2017, 07:12 AM
Thanks for the help man.

honda3
04-13-2017, 03:17 PM
Does anyone know how i slow the pump speed down? what setting would that be on the radio?

Lil Giants
04-13-2017, 04:27 PM
EPA (end point adjustment), that might be listed as servo adjustment in your radio menu. What % is the motor running at now? Lower it too much & the motor will behave a bit erratic & heat up esc... for lower hyd speed movement you could lower the EPA on your valve chs so it takes more stick throw to open the valve or use 2s lipo, but a lower voltage will slow down your track speed too.

Northern Farmer
04-13-2017, 04:34 PM
Try contacting Mario or DiggingwithMartin on youtube they will help you tune your machine right. Channel 5 is for the pump.

TheBennyB
04-13-2017, 09:35 PM
Yea on the fly sky TH9X that comes with the 4200XL it's in the endpoint adjustment. Ch 5
and on mine list as the first FLP channel. I have 026% on and of course 000% off.

fabi
05-06-2017, 04:07 PM
Does anyone know how i slow the pump speed down? what setting would that be on the radio?

look up to my video for setting , pump and sticks

honda3
05-07-2017, 10:48 PM
Whats the best way to change the fluid in the 360l? I see there is a screw underneath the tank but how do you make sure you get it out of all the cylinders?

Rimrock
05-08-2017, 01:17 PM
Whats the best way to change the fluid in the 360l? I see there is a screw underneath the tank but how do you make sure you get it out of all the cylinders?

One can 'pump' the cylinders manually by moving the bucket, stick, boom..unscrew the original fittings/hoses, put a extra set of hoses on to the cylinders that leads directly into a bottle. Most people just change what in the tank I guess, but more optimal getting most of the cylinder oil out also naturally, but not so critical on a RC machine

honda3
05-09-2017, 09:57 PM
What are the advantages/ disadvantages of a thick vs thin oil?

Rimrock
05-11-2017, 12:54 AM
What are the advantages/ disadvantages of a thick vs thin oil?

Thinner oil gives longer running time, less strain on pump motor, more speed at the cylinders vs thicker. If it gets too thin, there will be more internal wear of the hydraulic components. Less oil leaks with thick than thinner oil.
Just some ideas, other may have other experiences; grade 22 is often given as the 'optimum' thin oil for our rc models. Temperature in the surroundings do play a certain role. E.g in middle/northern Europe the air temperature we operate the equipment in is most typical from the 60's to the 80's Fahrenheit (15- 30 Celsius). If one see temperatures in the 90' to the 100's, a notch thicker oil than 22 likely would be more optimal in the long run. Grade 32, often used for hydraulic jacks, is a the thicker one. As known, oil gets thinner with rising temperature.

jack van
05-11-2017, 01:32 AM
i am interested in getting this model one question i have is could i get eagle to use a spectrum dx-18 with ar-9020 receiver or would i have to buy it seperately and set it up myself :D

Northern Farmer
05-11-2017, 01:36 AM
Doesn't hurt to ask Tang but I'd be surprised if they would do it. Better off installing the receiver yourself.

honda3
05-20-2017, 10:13 AM
Ive read about people using vegetable oil for fluid. Is that something that people actually do?

Rimrock
05-21-2017, 05:30 AM
Ive read about people using vegetable oil for fluid. Is that something that people actually do?

There are so called 'biodegradable hydraulic fluids' based on vegetable oils out there these days, that are less damaging to the environment than standard oils.
(must not be mistaken for cooking oil, olive oil, which you do not want to put on a hydraulic machine ;) )As long as the oil is marked 'hydraulic fluid, grade xx' then one are okay.

doodlebug
05-21-2017, 11:47 PM
The cost will scare you!
Cheers!