PDA

View Full Version : Cross-RC UC6 tank hauler

Billdit
08-12-2016, 05:58 AM
Hi,
I wanted to share my latest project which is all finished bar some wiring. I started this because I bought an all metal tank and didn't want to carry it to a location where I could use it.
My idea was to make a trailer that could be pulled offroad by a truck with a fith wheel coupling, so an offroad truck was required. I already had a 1/12th Cross-RC UC6 truck which was the wrong scale I know, but would be up to the job of pulling a weighty tank and trailer.

With regards to the truck, I basically removed the bed with the seating etc. extended the wheel base, added a extension transfer case for the drive shafts and installed a metal fifth wheel coupling. I made a new bed to carry the battery box and a couple of barrels and a crate to house a smoke unit.

The trailer is homemade, so not perfect but does the job.
Here's a photo of the completed setup taken last Sunday. I'll share more photos of the trailer build later if you'd like to see them.
The truck I'll do a seperate thread for to show the conversion.
Thanks for watching.

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii543/leaelita10/Mobile%20Uploads/WP_20160807_001_zpsyagfsau6.jpg (http://s1259.photobucket.com/user/leaelita10/media/Mobile%20Uploads/WP_20160807_001_zpsyagfsau6.jpg.html)

Billdit
08-12-2016, 06:42 AM
I've moved this thread to Military vehicles, Admin feel free to delete this thread from this section. Thanks.

TheBennyB
08-12-2016, 04:53 PM
Awesome truck and trailer! follow any of the tank forums? I too had to make a recovery vehicle. Used a Tammy King Hauler and modified a bruder trailer to widen it and have remote ramps. Think your next project should be a M26 Dragon Wagon..he he. Where do you run your tanks?

Billdit
08-12-2016, 05:04 PM
Awesome truck and trailer! follow any of the tank forums? I too had to make a recovery vehicle. Used a Tammy King Hauler and modified a bruder trailer to widen it and have remote ramps. Think your next project should be a M26 Dragon Wagon..he he. Where do you run your tanks?

I am on Rc Tank Warfare, but rarely go on it. I've not really run it since I've had it, mainly because of the transportation issue. Most places I go trailing with my trucks, you have to walk a fair way from the carpark to where the trailing spots are. Now I've got the tank hauler I can transport the tank more easily. I'm not really into indoor tank meets to be honest.