PDA

View Full Version : Tipper Trailers

calum_scania
09-24-2016, 06:12 AM
What trailers are out there and which do people recommend? Tamiya scale only

Thanks

fvasileios
09-24-2016, 08:48 AM
Carson trailers are kind of expensive especially if you want to make them work,but in my opinion they are the greatest deal for a European tractor truck...
You can look for them over eBay using product's code...
Sometimes some cheaper appears from Germany...

http://www.carson-modelsport.com/de/produkte/truckmodelle/auflieger.htm

Bill...

RCP57
09-24-2016, 09:23 AM
I might be able to custom build you one however you want it. The down side is that it's not cheap either.

Reg

calum_scania
09-24-2016, 10:39 AM
Carson trailers are kind of expensive especially if you want to make them work,but in my opinion they are the greatest deal for a European tractor truck...
You can look for them over eBay using product's code...
Sometimes some cheaper appears from Germany...

http://www.carson-modelsport.com/de/produkte/truckmodelle/auflieger.htm

Bill...

Carson does look good, I was offered one for 450 euro's without the motor or mechanism. I already have a mechanism so it could be made to run easily.

Is there any others? I've seen the odd different make on Ebay but unsure on the quality

calum_scania
09-24-2016, 10:52 AM
I might be able to custom build you one however you want it. The down side is that it's not cheap either.

Reg

What sort of money are we talking here?

Calum

RCP57
09-24-2016, 11:01 AM
It depends on what you are looking for. Shape, size, number of axles, working tarp ect. Generally they start out around $1200USD and go up from there but that is a complete trailer with lift installed(with limit switches) and powder coated to the color of your choice. You would need to provide and esc and power source.

bigford
09-24-2016, 01:45 PM
Calum
reg's trailers are the best out there hands down!!
all you need is a cheap esc and a 5000 mah battery for good run times

FabOne
09-24-2016, 08:24 PM
I second that when it comes to Reg's custom built trailers! Unbelievable detail and he works with you throughout the build. Well worth the cost!!

-Terry

calum_scania
09-25-2016, 11:24 AM
Maybe a little more than I was wanting to spend

RCP57
09-25-2016, 12:49 PM
Maybe a little more than I was wanting to spend

Understood.