10-06-2016, 11:00 PM
It's coming....Cabin Fever January 13-15, 2017
LEBANON VALLEY EXPO CENTER
80 ROCHERTY ROAD
LEBANON, PA 17042

Is it time to start Planning Now ?

Kausekaos
10-07-2016, 01:37 AM
I really want to make a show finally. Hopefully I can get off from work.

ihbuilder
10-07-2016, 06:57 AM
It's coming....Cabin Fever January 13-15, 2017
LEBANON VALLEY EXPO CENTER
80 ROCHERTY ROAD
LEBANON, PA 17042

Is it time to start Planning Now ?

I've been planing after we cleaned up last time :D

Rckcrwlr
10-07-2016, 07:19 AM
Putting this one on the calendar as a maybe...

Bo Wallen
10-07-2016, 08:55 AM
Hey Steve i know that :) Hope to see a lot of People and gear this coming show. :)

ihbuilder
10-07-2016, 12:47 PM
Hey Steve i know that :) Hope to see a lot of People and gear this coming show. :)

I know , I'm justa razzin ya :p

Cooper
10-07-2016, 02:42 PM

Me too, hope to stay for the whole weekend this time!! And get some time to shop around for some tools too!!!

Bo Wallen
10-07-2016, 04:10 PM
I know , I'm justa razzin ya :p

Sweet :lol:

bigford
10-08-2016, 12:52 AM
I'll try to make it but it's SO far away. 3 months to go

Bo Wallen
10-08-2016, 10:14 AM
I'll try to make it but it's SO far away. 3 months to go

Yes it's far away.........It's plenty of time no problem.....and all of a sudden it's right up on you.......So much to finish........ The season of 2017 Iv'e got to have my $hit together. This year i missed all the fun and then some. Hotel booked i'm staying at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lebanon PA. PLAY TIME GUYS :bounce:

ihbuilder
10-08-2016, 11:24 AM
I may bring my mini excavator for setup to help sort the soil . The shovelin crap gets to my back anymore :( .

Bo Wallen
10-08-2016, 12:15 PM
I may bring my mini excavator for setup to help sort the soil . The shovelin crap gets to my back anymore :( .

Good idea shoveling suck bad this days in age. This year the gravel is going to be the good stuff that fit our scale machines, Even if i have to pay for it, and i will do that.

9W Monighan
10-08-2016, 05:04 PM
We will have a couple rock crushers working. I'm so busy at work hope to get some sort of conveyors working if time permits.

Cooper
10-08-2016, 08:04 PM
I have the conveyor project that I never really finished, just like you Steve, if time permits I'll try and get that working. Can never have too much stuff there!!!

Bo, no kidding, if need be I'll pitch in for some good playing dirt also!!! I even had people there saying that it would be nice if they would get some better dirt for us to play in. I am grateful and thankful that the promoter does as much as he does but a little bit in the dirt department would make a huge difference. For us operators and also for the spectators!! Heck the pond they build for the boat guys is deep enough to swim in. Overboard in that aspect and it's a lot of work filling that. So for us in the dirt department I don't think it is out of line to ask for some dirt better suited for what our machines are on display for.

ihbuilder
10-28-2016, 08:31 AM
Ya think we can get enough big dozers there for setup ? I'm pushin to get mine goin :D

Rckcrwlr
10-28-2016, 08:37 AM
I put this on my schedule for 2017....I am hoping to make it out.

9W...maybe we can finally meet. :D

John

bigford
10-28-2016, 09:43 AM
hope to have a working D11 there

Bo Wallen
10-28-2016, 10:00 AM
I have the conveyor project that I never really finished, just like you Steve, if time permits I'll try and get that working. Can never have too much stuff there!!!

Bo, no kidding, if need be I'll pitch in for some good playing dirt also!!! I even had people there saying that it would be nice if they would get some better dirt for us to play in. I am grateful and thankful that the promoter does as much as he does but a little bit in the dirt department would make a huge difference. For us operators and also for the spectators!! Heck the pond they build for the boat guys is deep enough to swim in. Overboard in that aspect and it's a lot of work filling that. So for us in the dirt department I don't think it is out of line to ask for some dirt better suited for what our machines are on display for.

Thank You RW. Yeah lets make it a ton of fun. I'm off duty the entire week so i can help out where it needs. Hotel bocked long time ago. :bounce:

Rckcrwlr
10-28-2016, 10:32 AM
Hotel Info?

Bo Wallen
10-28-2016, 05:36 PM
Cabin Fever 2017 info.http://www.cabinfeverexpo.com Main site.
Hotels: http://www.cabinfeverexpo.com/Hotels.html
I stay at the new :https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/lebanon/mdtlp/hoteldetail?cm_mmc=EMAIL-_-Res_AWA-_-Res_EX_2016-_-USEN-_-RESDETAILS_HOTELNAME

Hope this info will help.

firefighter30
10-28-2016, 08:18 PM
Hotel booked I am in see you in january

Bo Wallen
10-28-2016, 09:48 PM
Hotel booked I am in see you in january

That's the best news all day...........can't wait !

john neiman
10-29-2016, 06:50 PM
Im new to thiss but im going to try to make it

SmallHaul
10-29-2016, 07:55 PM
I am in and Looking forward to it. Its my favorite show of the year.

9W Steve, maybe we should ask for top soil this year? I think the year they gave us top soil was the best dirt we ever had.

kerst
10-29-2016, 08:04 PM
I booked a hotel today. Looking forward!

Kerst

9W Monighan
10-29-2016, 08:07 PM
I just booked my room where Bo is staying.

Scott, I haven't talked to Gary yet. But I will put a request for better dirt. We will be able to crush the crap though with my jaw crusher.

Rckcrwlr
10-29-2016, 10:15 PM
Cabin Fever 2017 info.http://www.cabinfeverexpo.com Main site.
Hotels: http://www.cabinfeverexpo.com/Hotels.html
I stay at the new :https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/lebanon/mdtlp/hoteldetail?cm_mmc=EMAIL-_-Res_AWA-_-Res_EX_2016-_-USEN-_-RESDETAILS_HOTELNAME

Hope this info will help.

Thanks Bo

I'm in contact with Jared to see about a booth.

Hoping I can pull this one together.

John

Bo Wallen
10-29-2016, 10:57 PM
Im new to thiss but im going to try to make it
Yes you do. A ton of nice guys..........like a family fun fun fun. :bounce:

Bo Wallen
10-29-2016, 10:59 PM
I just booked my room where Bo is staying.

Scott, I haven't talked to Gary yet. But I will put a request for better dirt. We will be able to crush the crap though with my jaw crusher.
Cool we take over the Tequila Bar yes ?

Bo Wallen
10-29-2016, 11:01 PM
Thanks Bo

I'm in contact with Jared to see about a booth.

Hoping I can pull this one together.

John

Yes you can !

Bo Wallen
10-29-2016, 11:05 PM
I booked a hotel today. Looking forward!

Kerst

Great Kerst. it's uplifting to hear. :bounce:

scottyk
11-01-2016, 08:13 AM
Hope to make it out there, I hear this is the biggest show for scale model engine builders and scale models in general! Is that true.

bigford
11-01-2016, 09:31 AM
There was so much to see and do that some
People forget to stop and eat anything :)

9W Monighan
11-01-2016, 01:34 PM
Hope to make it out there, I hear this is the biggest show for scale model engine builders and scale models in general! Is that true.

Non bigger than Cabin Fever Expo in the USA

scottyk
11-01-2016, 11:48 PM
Non bigger than Cabin Fever Expo in the USA

Sounds good! I might just find a flight from Iowa to Pennsylvania and check this out first hand. This type of model engineering seems hard to come by in my area.

Rvjimd
11-02-2016, 08:52 AM
I am planning on it. Going to fly out again this time, driving that far is a drag.:p

Can I get a ride this year from the Reigle Airport in palmyra? I didn't really need a rental car last time, if I can stay at the same hotel and bum a ride to the show with somebody?

Scottyk, I have one empty seat if you don't mind flying experimental? You are in Cedar Rapids correct? I could pick you up there.

Jim

Bo Wallen
11-02-2016, 09:06 AM
I am planning on it. Going to fly out again this time, driving that far is a drag.:p

Can I get a ride this year from the Reigle Airport in palmyra? I didn't really need a rental car last time, if I can stay at the same hotel and bum a ride to the show with somebody?

Scottyk, I have one empty seat if you don't mind flying experimental? You are in Cedar Rapids correct? I could pick you up there.

Jim

Hey I can be You're car service. And if some one else want a ride i can do that too.

Rvjimd
11-02-2016, 10:30 AM
Bo,

Thanks! It sounds like a plan. I will get a room booked at the place you linked. It is the holiday inn express correct? Staying in the same place should make things a bit easier and more social.

Is it best to book a room on the holiday inn web site in your link? Is there anything to insure a good room rate?

Can't wait, see you all there!

Jim

Bo Wallen
11-02-2016, 10:45 AM
Bo,

Thanks! It sounds like a plan. I will get a room booked at the place you linked. It is the holiday inn express correct? Staying in the same place should make things a bit easier and more social.

Is it best to book a room on the holiday inn web site in your link? Is there anything to insure a good room rate?

Can't wait, see you all there!

Jim

The holiday inn express correct ? Yes. New Hotell Good Rate i think.

Let's have some fun. ( i've got a Suburban so bring a lot of stuff.

bigford
11-02-2016, 11:11 AM
A swede with a suburban look out. ;)

Bo Wallen
11-02-2016, 11:19 AM
A swede with a suburban look out. ;)
You're funny Mark..........this is my 7th in a row of Suburban Highway Cruiser. :lol:

bigford
11-02-2016, 12:16 PM
I figured you for a smart car guy

Bo Wallen
11-02-2016, 01:28 PM
I figured you for a smart car guy
HaHaHa I'll bring one for you in my trunk :lol::lol:

bigford
11-02-2016, 02:03 PM
Lol ;)

9W Monighan
11-02-2016, 05:20 PM
Cool we take over the Tequila Bar yes ?

That sounds like the plan. I know Jimmy will be in.

Cooper "Bring your boat and see how fast you can get it going in the pool.

Rvjimd
11-02-2016, 07:07 PM
Bo,

When is your first night booked at the hotel? I will plan to arrive the same day? Let me know and I will get a room booked.

Wait, is there a tequila bar a the holiday inn? I am WAY in on that plan!

I will bring my tow boat and coal barges for the pool event!
Jim

RCP57
11-02-2016, 08:05 PM
This is starting to sound pretty entertaining!

9W Monighan
11-02-2016, 09:25 PM
This is starting to sound pretty entertaining!

You know, you guys from the northwest are welcome too. :)

Bo Wallen
11-02-2016, 10:06 PM
Bo,

When is your first night booked at the hotel? I will plan to arrive the same day? Let me know and I will get a room booked.

Wait, is there a tequila bar a the holiday inn? I am WAY in on that plan!

I will bring my tow boat and coal barges for the pool event!
Jim

OK Jim. I'm there fromThursday morning or earlier if i'm needed for set-up.

The Suburban Shuttle is going when it's needed. :cool:

The Tequila Bar is a HotSpot worth trying...........:jaw:

I will Bring My Race Boat too.......Let's empty that pool :lol:

Rvjimd
11-02-2016, 10:12 PM
Bo,

Sounds good, I will send you a PM to exchange phone numbers. I plan to arrive middle of the afternoon Thursday.

Jim

Bo Wallen
11-02-2016, 10:15 PM
Bo,

Sounds good, I will send you a PM to exchange phone numbers. I plan to arrive middle of the afternoon Thursday.

Jim

Awesome Sauce :lol:

Cooper
11-03-2016, 08:28 AM
That sounds like the plan. I know Jimmy will be in.

Cooper "Bring your boat and see how fast you can get it going in the pool.

I'll bring the boat, charge batteries and ready to go,,, you, get to pull the trigger, and watch people run away!! One quick blip of the throttle usually snaps the driveline, have to ease into it. If the pond was about 1/8 mile longer we could get her up to speed:). Just remember it's a 100 mph+ carbon fibre/Kevlar reinforced spear heading for something:lol::lol::lol:

Going to make a long weekend out of this one, just hope I remember to eat!!

Rvjimd
11-03-2016, 05:20 PM
Bo,

I sent another PM. going to land at Deck airport, it is closer to the hotel.

Jim

Bo Wallen
11-03-2016, 05:45 PM
Bo,

I sent another PM. going to land at Deck airport, it is closer to the hotel.

Jim

Got it.
6 minutes from Hotel. 10 minutes to Cabin Fever. If the weather does not cooperate. I'll pick you up elsewhere.

Valdosetti
11-06-2016, 07:04 PM
Hi guys.
It's been a while that I follow you guys and a few years back I went to Cabin Fever show and I loved it.
I'm from south Jersey, right next to Philadelphia and I do have a 1/14 Premacon 960 excavator, a 1/14 dump truck and 1/10 tatra military truck that I made a awesome dump out of it. I would love to be part of the team, meet you guys up and help as much as needed on the show.

9W Monighan
11-06-2016, 07:15 PM
Glad to hear more machines coming. The more the merrier.

Valdosetti
11-06-2016, 08:15 PM
Lol, I'll make sure I take a shovel with toys. ��

TheBennyB
11-06-2016, 08:28 PM
New to r/c construction but been r/c'ing for 30+. I've got a 4200, Magom 574, small box dumper, and a tammy KH/trailers. Only about 55 miles from the event so may try and make it this year. Do I need to pre-register with the event or the club? Any direction on where to unload on arrival or who to look for? Sorry for all the FNG questions...first round is on me!

Bo Wallen
11-06-2016, 11:47 PM
New to r/c construction but been r/c'ing for 30+. I've got a 4200, Magom 574, small box dumper, and a tammy KH/trailers. Only about 55 miles from the event so may try and make it this year. Do I need to pre-register with the event or the club? Any direction on where to unload on arrival or who to look for? Sorry for all the FNG questions...first round is on me!

You are Wellcome to just show up at the CabinFever. More info where in the building and other details will be posted Closer to the event.

frizzen
11-09-2016, 08:20 PM
Please take video. Tequila and rc boats taking over the pool sounds awesome.

sparkycuda
12-02-2016, 07:36 PM
Made hotel arrangements today, so I'm headed to Cabin Fever for the first time. Looking forward to meeting folks and seeing the variety of interests on display. Will arrive about supper time on Thursday.

Any helpful hints visiting the event - where to start, etc? More than one building to explore?

Ken Sharp

Bo Wallen
12-03-2016, 09:07 AM
Made hotel arrangements today, so I'm headed to Cabin Fever for the first time. Looking forward to meeting folks and seeing the variety of interests on display. Will arrive about supper time on Thursday.

Any helpful hints visiting the event - where to start, etc? More than one building to explore?

Ken Sharp

Wellcome Ken. The hints of the day: 1. You get in and have fun 2. Don't look for other buildings....there are none. 3. Last show we got the room far left corner from the main entry in the back. 4. A ton of things to explore. you'll be in toy heaven.:lol:

Cooper
12-03-2016, 07:51 PM
Bo I forget name of hotel I stayed at last year, what place is it you booked at?

Bo Wallen
12-03-2016, 11:16 PM
Bo I forget name of hotel I stayed at last year, what place is it you booked at?

RW I'm booked here at the Tequila bar at: https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/lebanon/mdtlp/hoteldetail?cm_mmc=EMAIL-_-Res_AWA-_-Res_EX_2016-_-USEN-_-RESDETAILS_HOTELNAME

Cooper
12-04-2016, 10:31 AM
No rooms available:( but I got room at days inn Quentin road. Still have rooms for anyone needing. Guess I'll have to limit my intake of tequila!!! And that may not be a bad thing!! Having operators with bad hangover, that haul truck might be rubber side up!!! Lol!!

Bo Wallen
12-04-2016, 10:44 AM
No rooms available:( but I got room at days inn Quentin road. Still have rooms for anyone needing. Guess I'll have to limit my intake of tequila!!! And that may not be a bad thing!! Having operators with bad hangover, that haul truck might be rubber side up!!! Lol!!
Sorry about that RW Cooper............I guess we need a pipeline now :jaw:

CAMODADDY
12-05-2016, 07:24 AM
Got my room booked. See you guys on Friday.

Bryan

ihbuilder
12-05-2016, 07:37 AM
Dozer apocalypse coming :eek: :D

ScottLay
12-05-2016, 11:08 AM
I`ll be out on Saturday, to explore and learn ....

sneff
12-11-2016, 09:35 AM
Im planning on attending the show this year. Do we have to register or anything for the show or can i just show up???

Bo Wallen
12-11-2016, 10:29 AM
I`ll be out on Saturday, to explore and learn ....

ScottyLay You are welcome. I'm Learning too. Lot to see and do at the event.

Bo Wallen
12-11-2016, 10:35 AM
Im planning on attending the show this year. Do we have to register or anything for the show or can i just show up???

You are welcome to the fun at Cabin Fever Expo. Lot to see and do.
Just show up. We will come back with more info like where our sport is and other details.

Bo Wallen
12-11-2016, 10:36 AM
Got my room booked. See you guys on Friday.

Bryan

Glad you can make it. Looking forward to truck around with you again.

Cooper
12-11-2016, 03:02 PM
Figure a good way to flood the thread is to ask a pic of what everyone is planning on brining. :)

sneff
12-11-2016, 06:58 PM
Thank you Bo!!!

sneff
12-18-2016, 01:11 PM
Hotel booked. Lookin forward to a great weekend.

9W Monighan
12-20-2016, 10:07 AM
:update:Got a call from the Cabin Fever Chairman this morning and he has unscreened topsoil on order for us. There will be some rocks as usual but hopefully we can take care of that with my jaw crusher as they get unearthed.
He also said there has been a lot of interest in our layout from the several calls he's been getting.
I think this may be our biggest turnout so far.:jump:

ihbuilder
12-20-2016, 11:28 AM
Figure a good way to flood the thread is to ask a pic of what everyone is planning on brining. :)

TD40 is in the paint shop :eek:

Bo Wallen
12-20-2016, 12:04 PM
TD40 is in the paint shop :eek:
Good Luck T40 you're going to dress nice i'm sure. :)

ihbuilder
12-20-2016, 07:40 PM
:update:Got a call from the Cabin Fever Chairman this morning and he has unscreened topsoil on order for us. There will be some rocks as usual but hopefully we can take care of that with my jaw crusher as they get unearthed.
He also said there has been a lot of interest in our layout from the several calls he's been getting.
I think this may be our biggest turnout so far.:jump:

The way the piles where last year where OK, yes ?

Who'll be there thursday to help set up ? I'll have my bridge (Not sure I'll have it painted yet :o) I still need to get tarpaper for roads yet . I've consumed myself with getting my TD40 working and work so I haven't had much time for anything else :( :o .

Valdosetti
12-24-2016, 10:10 AM
Hi Monighan!
I'm almost sure I can go help out on thursday, let you know right after news year. I'm trying to finish my screen machine in time so we can have little extra fun.
Cheers, Setti.

ScottLay
12-27-2016, 06:25 PM
ScottyLay You are welcome. I'm Learning too. Lot to see and do at the event.

Thanks Bob, wish my dump truck was done, but gotta ways to go on it yet.

sneff
01-02-2017, 11:52 PM
Im surprised there isnt more chat going on about the Cabin Fever show.
Is Friday an actual show day or a setup day??

TheBennyB
01-03-2017, 02:03 PM
Not going to be able to stay any nights so I just cancelled my reservation at the Holiday Inn express if anyone is still looking for a room. Still plan on stopping by one of the days to check things out and meet some folks.

Bo Wallen
01-03-2017, 04:14 PM
Im surprised there isnt more chat going on about the Cabin Fever show.
Is Friday an actual show day or a setup day??

I am surprised too....:confused:.....I'm There Thursday morning for setup. Full Action Friday. Saturday. Sunday. :) Come and have fun..... no truck? Borrow some of mine :) Let's have fun :bounce:

scottyk
01-03-2017, 04:37 PM
I almost bought a round trip ticket to fly out there! Just a little too rich for my blood right now but hopefully next year I will be more prepared and bring some extra money to buy something too. Looks like a good time guys!

ihbuilder
01-03-2017, 06:30 PM
setup on thursday run friday, saturday, and sunday . I should be there by 9AM on thursday .

I'm just sweatin about my esc's being here on tim for the big blade :(

Bo Wallen
01-03-2017, 08:18 PM
setup on thursday run friday, saturday, and sunday . I should be there by 9AM on thursday .

I'm just sweatin about my esc's being here on tim for the big blade :(

Cool Steve. I'll be there too 9.00 am. what kind of esc do you use. i might got one......if need .

ihbuilder
01-04-2017, 07:01 AM
Cool Steve. I'll be there too 9.00 am. what kind of esc do you use. i might got one......if need .

Sabertooth

sneff
01-04-2017, 09:40 PM
I am surprised too....:confused:.....I'm There Thursday morning for setup. Full Action Friday. Saturday. Sunday. :) Come and have fun..... no truck? Borrow some of mine :) Let's have fun :bounce:

Barring any weird weather I will be there Friday hopefully around noon.
Bringing a rc4wd excavator, and two trucks with trailers. Cant wait.:bounce:

CAMODADDY
01-05-2017, 06:38 AM
Does anybody know if we're in the exact same building and spot as last year?

Bryan

Valdosetti
01-06-2017, 09:52 AM
Hi guys, my boss wouldn't let me know if I can take Thursday and Friday off yet. We're rushing to finish a job and they using any good day that come along. For sure I'll help on Sunday on clean up. I'll do my best to be there on Thursday but can't say for sure yet.
Setti

Bo Wallen
01-09-2017, 10:15 AM
Getin' Close Now :bounce:

I've just picked up Tarpaper for the roads. 8 Rolls can get more if needed at Local Builders Supply. Also will bring 2 by 4 and Plywood. Boxes of screws. and hand tools. Anything else ? Please let me know.

As far as i know we got the same location as last years event. I'll make sure to post info. on that Thursday when i am at Location.

Looking Forward To this event and to meet New and old Friends.

Let's Have Fun. :)

9W Monighan
01-09-2017, 03:29 PM
Getin' Close Now :bounce:

I've just picked up Tarpaper for the roads. 8 Rolls can get more if needed at Local Builders Supply. Also will bring 2 by 4 and Plywood. Boxes of screws. and hand tools. Anything else ? Please let me know.

As far as i know we got the same location as last years event. I'll make sure to post info. on that Thursday when i am at Location.

Looking Forward To this event and to meet New and old Friends.

Let's Have Fun. :)

We may need some pieces of 3/8 plywood for the rock crusher. Dragline rebuild has taken way longer than I imagined not leaving me a clear mind to build the ramp and larger hopper to accommodate the big 785 Kiitty truck. I figure plywood will work till a better steel ramp is fabricated. My idea is to cover the electric motor and have it concealed under the dirt pile since it's way out of scale and it will make the conveyor have a clearer shot under crusher to pile up whatever we crush. Stevie and I had a talk about it this morning. He may have some cement blocks to build a wall we may need.

Bo Wallen
01-09-2017, 06:10 PM
We may need some pieces of 3/8 plywood for the rock crusher. Dragline rebuild has taken way longer than I imagined not leaving me a clear mind to build the ramp and larger hopper to accommodate the big 785 Kiitty truck. I figure plywood will work till a better steel ramp is fabricated. My idea is to cover the electric motor and have it concealed under the dirt pile since it's way out of scale and it will make the conveyor have a clearer shot under crusher to pile up whatever we crush. Stevie and I had a talk about it this morning. He may have some cement blocks to build a wall we may need.

Hey Steve.
OK i got a lot of 1/2 and 3/4 plywood. How big of a box ? I'll bring jigsaw and stuff like that Custom made at the crime scene :cop:

9W Monighan
01-09-2017, 11:31 PM
Hey Steve.
OK i got a lot of 1/2 and 3/4 plywood. How big of a box ? I'll bring jigsaw and stuff like that Custom made at the crime scene :cop:

I'll get some sizes and maybe you can rough cut some pieces.
I don't have any plywood at my shop. Only some 1/4" Luan.

9W Monighan
01-10-2017, 09:55 AM
Hey Steve.

Bo, Here is all I need:
3 pieces 24" x 32"
1 Piece 24" x 24"
I will try to make the hopper out of steel and attach to the wood. Basically the crusher needs to sit inside the three sided wood box cover that will be buried in the dirt pile.
The trucks can back up to the hopper on the plywood. Maybe some type of guard rail that Cooper's 785 can fit between. Stevie had a nice setup on his bridge guard rails bevel cut to look like Jersey Barriers last year.

Bo Wallen
01-10-2017, 11:11 AM
Bo, Here is all I need:
3 pieces 24" x 32"
1 Piece 24" x 24"
I will try to make the hopper out of steel and attach to the wood. Basically the crusher needs to sit inside the three sided wood box cover that will be buried in the dirt pile.
The trucks can back up to the hopper on the plywood. Maybe some type of guard rail that Cooper's 785 can fit between. Stevie had a nice setup on his bridge guard rails bevel cut to look like Jersey Barriers last year.

Got it. Will make it right away. :)

Rvjimd
01-10-2017, 08:03 PM
Bo and the rest of the gang,

Looks like I might make it to Lebanon mid afternoon WEDNESDAY. the flying forecast doesn't look as good on Thursday so I'm going to head out Wednesday and hope to find a place to stay. I have reservations starting Thursday nite at the holiday inn.

Jim

Bo Wallen
01-10-2017, 08:06 PM
Bo and the rest of the gang,

Looks like I might make it to Lebanon mid afternoon WEDNESDAY. the flying forecast doesn't look as good on Thursday so I'm going to head out Wednesday and hope to find a place to stay. I have reservations starting Thursday nite at the holiday inn.

Jim
OK Jim.
Have you call the hotel for extra night ?

CAMODADDY
01-10-2017, 08:18 PM
There should be a few budget motels left on hotels.com. I was planning on coming home Saturday night but my local weather looks bad so I had to find another room for the night. My hotel was all booked so I have to drive a quarter mile down the road to another hotel and pay $185 for the night! Oh well more time to play.

Rvjimd
01-10-2017, 08:42 PM
I'll call in the morning once I know pretty sure that I am going to be headed that way. That's always the problem with flying...

sneff
01-10-2017, 11:22 PM
I have a couple more questions about this weekend. Its my first time to this show and Im really looking forward to seeing everyone.

do you guys leave your trucks at the expo center over night or take everything back to the hotel??

Do we have to do anything special when we show up to the show? Do we have to purchase a pass for the show??

Sorry for all the dumb questions

Bo Wallen
01-11-2017, 07:19 AM
I have a couple more questions about this weekend. Its my first time to this show and Im really looking forward to seeing everyone.

do you guys leave your trucks at the expo center over night or take everything back to the hotel??

Do we have to do anything special when we show up to the show? Do we have to purchase a pass for the show??

Sorry for all the dumb questions

Wellcome to the Show Sneff. Just the same questions I had when i showed up the first time.

1. We leave all the stuff at the play aria. They got Security all night.
2. Show up with a smile.
3. Pay $ 15 for the pass, (Vendor Badge) for three days of fun ( $5 a day )
4. Play

ihbuilder
01-11-2017, 08:51 AM
I have an emergency tooth extraction tomorrow morning :( . So I won't be there till after lunch . hopefully I will not need to be knocked out . It'll be in the same location as last year . Bo should know what to do . I may drop the bridge off this afternoon depending how I feel .

sneff
01-11-2017, 09:17 AM
Wellcome to the Show Sneff. Just the same questions I had when i showed up the first time.

1. We leave all the stuff at the play aria. They got Security all night.
2. Show up with a smile.
3. Pay $ 15 for the pass, (Vendor Badge) for three days of fun ( $5 a day )
4. Play

Awesome! Thank you Bo!

Rvjimd
01-11-2017, 03:38 PM
I made it! Anyone else already in town? Where we gonna start the traveling evening meal tour?

Jim

Bo Wallen
01-11-2017, 04:40 PM
I made it! Anyone else already in town? Where we gonna start the traveling evening meal tour?

Jim

Good Jim.
I'll be there 8.00-9.00 am tomorrow to start the setup.

Rvjimd
01-11-2017, 04:51 PM
If you swing by and pick me up at the hotel I would love to help

rccrazy523
01-11-2017, 09:24 PM
I will be there Saturday can't wait to see you guys looking forward to another great show

Bo Wallen
01-11-2017, 09:58 PM
If you swing by and pick me up at the hotel I would love to help

Yes I do I'll call you 1/2 hour before.

Cooper
01-12-2017, 01:24 PM
http://i1357.photobucket.com/albums/q750/cooperford/RC%20construction/A71EDED4-A021-4C35-A74F-8FFEC3B2C232_zpskytdoznc.jpg (http://s1357.photobucket.com/user/cooperford/media/RC%20construction/A71EDED4-A021-4C35-A74F-8FFEC3B2C232_zpskytdoznc.jpg.html)

Well,,,, today is a rain day and I've got most everything packed and ready to go. As long as everything is still good to go in morning I should be arriving sometime after 8-9 Friday morning. If anyone needs something (if I have it ) I'll bring along. See you guys tomorrow.

Rvjimd
01-12-2017, 01:46 PM
Coop,

Something I was going to bring but forgot---

A short drop cord and a surge strip or other multi outlet for plugging in a charger. I don't know that I'll need it but last year I seem to remember the outlets on the pole was about four feet high and it was a challenge to setup a charger.

I think I'm all charged so I may not actually need it, unless we run a LONG session. I know last year Saturday was a pretty busy/long session.

Jim

Rvjimd
01-12-2017, 04:39 PM
Dirt looks really nice this year

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b554/Slotcarjim/110DF473-3146-4D1B-9CFA-8EC64B2614CF_zpsp3ert594.jpg (http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/Slotcarjim/media/110DF473-3146-4D1B-9CFA-8EC64B2614CF_zpsp3ert594.jpg.html)

Cooper
01-12-2017, 05:46 PM
I'm putting a short cord and strip in the car now,,, dirt looks good!! if I had a reservation for tonight I would be heading down now!! see you guys in morning

kerst
01-12-2017, 06:03 PM
I am all packed up and ready to go. I expect to arrive mid-day Friday.

See you all soon!

Kerst

Valdosetti
01-12-2017, 08:54 PM
Crazy guys, I wish I could be there already but boss didn't let me go. I'll be there on Saturday morning with a load of batteries and ready to meet your guys up.
If you need anything Let me know and I'll take if I have it.
Have fun guys!

sneff
01-12-2017, 09:12 PM
All packed. I will also have a power strip and extension.
Leaving early in the am. I will check here before I leave incase you guys need anything.:D

9W Monighan
01-12-2017, 09:16 PM
Dirt looks like the best we ever had at this show. I didn't see any rocks only big clods from material being a little damp. I know my production will be way up this time out.
Looks like we'll have to import rocks from outside for the crusher this time.

Bo Wallen
01-12-2017, 09:20 PM
At Location and it's GOOD !!!
A much bigger aria this year.
Two Big Parking Arias for Trucks and Wagons. Dirt pile modell super big.
Dirt quality. Over the top.
Entertainment. factor, Thru the roof.
Roads Hundreds of feet. Don't get lost.
So come on Get here and play your brains out.
I'm Doing It.

SmallHaul
01-12-2017, 09:27 PM
I am here and the dirt looks great!

We set up some really nice roads to run the road trucks on.

We'll have a blast making the dirt roads tomorrow.

RCP57
01-12-2017, 09:51 PM
I am here and the dirt looks great!

We set up some really nice roads to run the road trucks on.

We'll have a blast making the dirt roads tomorrow.

For us losers that aren't there, where are the pics?

firefighter30
01-12-2017, 10:01 PM
if I don't have any problems on the turnpike should be there around 9:30 all packed and ready to go.

SmallHaul
01-12-2017, 10:08 PM
For us losers that aren't there, where are the pics?

I will post up pics tomorrow!

Claus
01-13-2017, 02:04 AM
How many years has Cabin Fever been going on? Anybody know?

ihbuilder
01-13-2017, 06:24 AM
I made up some parts last night to bypass the shredded planetaries in the TD40 ,so I may be using it any way even with a lil loss of power . It's nice having the shop close to the show . :D

SmallHaul
01-13-2017, 07:15 AM
How many years has Cabin Fever been going on? Anybody know?

This Year is the 21st anniversary.

I hope we get a good turnout this year because the miniature model engine builders and model train builders are dying off and the younger generation is not replacing them so, rc construction is really the only chance that Cabin Fever has of still being around in the next 5 to 10 years.

Rckcrwlr
01-13-2017, 07:36 AM
Missing it again this year. Just got back from traveling. Can't wait to see pictures.

TheBennyB
01-13-2017, 07:51 AM
Driving in Sat morning. Not sure if I'll bring any equipment but looking forward to meeting folks.

Rvjimd
01-13-2017, 07:59 AM
http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b554/Slotcarjim/D464AABA-B6D8-4A1A-B443-FCCA20EE5CED_zpsvchnkoow.jpg (http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/Slotcarjim/media/D464AABA-B6D8-4A1A-B443-FCCA20EE5CED_zpsvchnkoow.jpg.html)

scottyk
01-13-2017, 09:43 AM
Man I wish I could go! but a 14 hour drive it just isnt going to happen

Valdosetti
01-13-2017, 10:26 AM
Come on Scotty, still plenty time. ��

scottyk
01-13-2017, 12:23 PM
Come on Scotty, still plenty time. ��

Not for me my friend! I've made a couple trips like that with our 3 person drag race team. Now I avoid it as much as possible, Im more of a jump on plane and fly type now.. Im making it a point to attend the next show and save up some cash so hopefully I can come home with a new toy of some sort as well. I honestly did not even know about this show until recently looking thru the forum.

JAMMER
01-13-2017, 01:45 PM
It sure would be nice if they could get some screened top soil even if they charged a couple dollars to all that attend it would be a lot nicer to work with and a lot easier on some of the models. Ed

JAMMER
01-13-2017, 01:46 PM
It sure would be nice if they could get some screened top soil even if they charged a couple dollars to all that attend it would be a lot nicer to work with and a lot easier on some of the models. They could resale it. Ed

SmallHaul
01-13-2017, 06:59 PM
Here are some pics. Internet access is so slow at this hotel i will post more when i get home.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff66/scottmaxxin/DSCN3539_zps3tqfrqz1.jpg (http://s240.photobucket.com/user/scottmaxxin/media/DSCN3539_zps3tqfrqz1.jpg.html)

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff66/scottmaxxin/DSCN3534_zpscbtrrb0a.jpg (http://s240.photobucket.com/user/scottmaxxin/media/DSCN3534_zpscbtrrb0a.jpg.html)

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff66/scottmaxxin/DSCN3541_zps3dw8mzle.jpg (http://s240.photobucket.com/user/scottmaxxin/media/DSCN3541_zps3dw8mzle.jpg.html)

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff66/scottmaxxin/DSCN3545_zpsqgeczbyz.jpg (http://s240.photobucket.com/user/scottmaxxin/media/DSCN3545_zpsqgeczbyz.jpg.html)

Valdosetti
01-13-2017, 07:09 PM
Wow! Looks awesome!!! Can I play all nite to make up for the lost time?
Thank you for the pictures SmallHaul. Looks great.

SmallHaul
01-13-2017, 10:06 PM
Wow! Looks awesome!!! Can I play all nite to make up for the lost time?
Thank you for the pictures SmallHaul. Looks great.

You are welcome Valdosetti. Sure, You can run all night, just hide in the cab of Coopers dump truck when they kick is out at night..:D

The cabin at Cabin Fever:

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff66/scottmaxxin/DSCN3523_zpsec0x9gmt.jpg (http://s240.photobucket.com/user/scottmaxxin/media/DSCN3523_zpsec0x9gmt.jpg.html)

Valdosetti
01-14-2017, 08:16 AM
Hi guys, I'm here all full charged and ready to play all day. Just waiting for the doors to be open. Can't wait to meet you guys up.
Cheers. Setti

ScottLay
01-14-2017, 09:53 PM
Well my first time at Cabin Fever expo and I'm hooked!! It was nice to meet everyone and to reconnect with an old R/C buddy. Going back tomorrow for some more fun.
Here's some pic's from today's fun. Thanks to Bo, and Setti for allowing me to run some trucks.

Valdosetti
01-15-2017, 07:17 AM
The pleasure was all ours to have you Scott, what awesome day meeting great people.
Your pictures didn't show for some reason. "May be just me"

Rvjimd
01-15-2017, 01:51 PM
Crowd in Saturday

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b554/Slotcarjim/388E123E-7CC2-417D-A3A7-589EFD125F3B_zpsb7elsmcb.jpg (http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/Slotcarjim/media/388E123E-7CC2-417D-A3A7-589EFD125F3B_zpsb7elsmcb.jpg.html)

Jim

RCP57
01-15-2017, 02:21 PM
Come on Jim, only one picture?:(

Rvjimd
01-15-2017, 02:34 PM
Ya, I actually tried to post a few and got a error, let me try again. But, I don't really have the "good pictures" I'm sure the other guys have some good pics and videos.

This is the north side of Pittsburgh on my way out Wednesday.

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b554/Slotcarjim/0A7F2CB4-D5B9-48BD-89C2-1EED688B4E2B_zpsaokoxyfz.jpg (http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/Slotcarjim/media/0A7F2CB4-D5B9-48BD-89C2-1EED688B4E2B_zpsaokoxyfz.jpg.html)

This is the mountains just coming into Harrisburg. The Appilachian Trail is there someplace.

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b554/Slotcarjim/322DE90A-083E-4891-AA6B-311481EB32AC_zpshf4lggrw.jpg (http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/Slotcarjim/media/322DE90A-083E-4891-AA6B-311481EB32AC_zpshf4lggrw.jpg.html)

This is a taco pizza from A&M pizza on Wednesday nite. Walking distance from the holiday inn express.

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b554/Slotcarjim/5874B01E-81EF-4D02-ABC7-CA88586A720C_zps9bzlj43j.jpg (http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/Slotcarjim/media/5874B01E-81EF-4D02-ABC7-CA88586A720C_zps9bzlj43j.jpg.html)

And finally we get to some machine photos! This is the inside of the 9W primary wire block that got pulled loose
on Saturday. Got it running after some troubleshooting.

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b554/Slotcarjim/D83F5BCD-756B-45DF-861D-5CE73AC2E7C5_zps6wm0sprs.jpg (http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/Slotcarjim/media/D83F5BCD-756B-45DF-861D-5CE73AC2E7C5_zps6wm0sprs.jpg.html)

Crowd and a few operators on the south side.

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b554/Slotcarjim/F61DC1C6-87A4-4910-97EB-9BD470329893_zpsjm2hy2tw.jpg (http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/Slotcarjim/media/F61DC1C6-87A4-4910-97EB-9BD470329893_zpsjm2hy2tw.jpg.html)

Other side and, another view. This was Saturday.

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b554/Slotcarjim/4632B6F0-DA6B-4A52-8E92-D838B3F671FB_zpsj0epbmst.jpg (http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/Slotcarjim/media/4632B6F0-DA6B-4A52-8E92-D838B3F671FB_zpsj0epbmst.jpg.html)

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b554/Slotcarjim/388E123E-7CC2-417D-A3A7-589EFD125F3B_zpsb7elsmcb.jpg (http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/Slotcarjim/media/388E123E-7CC2-417D-A3A7-589EFD125F3B_zpsb7elsmcb.jpg.html)

Before shot of the dirt pile.

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b554/Slotcarjim/110DF473-3146-4D1B-9CFA-8EC64B2614CF_zpsp3ert594.jpg (http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/Slotcarjim/media/110DF473-3146-4D1B-9CFA-8EC64B2614CF_zpsp3ert594.jpg.html)

Had to get a shot of this little model lock system. Much smaller than mine at home.

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b554/Slotcarjim/2107B9FE-7729-44A8-AE3F-DDB262FDC98B_zpstyqyfruh.jpg (http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/Slotcarjim/media/2107B9FE-7729-44A8-AE3F-DDB262FDC98B_zpstyqyfruh.jpg.html)

SprintCar2L
01-15-2017, 03:33 PM
He is a video I recorded at cabin fever with my phone on the back of my trailer https://youtu.be/kmbhHAJM_5g

Rvjimd
01-15-2017, 04:09 PM
Cool, still watching the video! Nice smooth driving, thanks!

Jim

SprintCar2L
01-15-2017, 05:01 PM
Cool, still watching the video! Nice smooth driving, thanks!

Jim

Thanks. The video is longer then I wanted to be

Valdosetti
01-15-2017, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the video. Very cool!

CAMODADDY
01-16-2017, 06:38 AM
What a great show! Great dirt, great turnout, even greater builds. I wish we could have 2 meets like this a year instead of just one. Thanks everyone.

Bryan

Rvjimd
01-16-2017, 06:52 AM
Wish I could have stayed Sunday but it was a good call for me to head back to Des Moines. We are covered in ice today!

Here is a short video of my takeoff Sunday morning.

Thanks to Bo and Steve for hauling me around!

http://youtu.be/GL5Hj1DPZ5U

Jim

ScottLay
01-16-2017, 09:07 AM
Sweet Haul Truck!!!

9W Monighan
01-16-2017, 10:12 AM
Administrators, Could someone move the photos and videos and start a new thread from the show?
That would make it easier for people to find since there's so many posts already on this thread.

9W Monighan
01-16-2017, 10:21 AM
[QUOTE=Rvjimd;152107]Ya, I actually tried to post a few and got a error, let me try again. But, I don't really have the "good pictures" I'm sure the other guys have some good pics and videos.

This is the north side of Pittsburgh on my way out Wednesday.

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b554/Slotcarjim/0A7F2CB4-D5B9-48BD-89C2-1EED688B4E2B_zpsaokoxyfz.jpg (http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/Slotcarjim/media/0A7F2CB4-D5B9-48BD-89C2-1EED688B4E2B_zpsaokoxyfz.jpg.html)

Found the location Jim. You're right. I was looking from south to north.
https://www.google.com/maps/@40.6917901,-80.2870902,11264a,20y,180h/data=!3m1!1e3

kerst
01-16-2017, 01:46 PM
Here are some pictures of the show:
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/570/31533119553_1216bf6813_b.jpg
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/772/31501757514_ed0bc06229_b.jpg
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/585/31533115613_4006ea9a0e_b.jpg
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/568/31501759894_97ba2b2140_b.jpg
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/516/31533123423_59ab35d642_b.jpg
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/588/31501770914_63f58768a7_b.jpg
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/688/32304722406_fd15b2e3b9_b.jpg

kerst
01-16-2017, 01:52 PM
And more:
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/609/32224200101_e8169ed2bb_b.jpg
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/642/31501772244_757af6f5f3_b.jpg
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/650/32224201521_7fba37e227_b.jpg
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/662/31501773834_fa17fe739e_b.jpg
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/521/32224202971_008274eec9_b.jpg

[IMG]https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/315/31533126433_835895ed6f_b.jpg

Kerst

Cooper
01-16-2017, 07:49 PM
just wanted to say it was a great event this year!! and enjoyed seeing and meeting all of you, typical of myself if I forget a name or forum handle sorry, for those that know me I'm usually on a one track mind :) at least this year I did operate something other than the dozer!!! had a blast and possibly meet up with some of you over the upcoming summertime!! I didn't take one picture during the weekend and sunday I forgot to eat something!! its pretty easy to get preoccupied with running stuff and talking to folks !!

Bo Wallen
01-16-2017, 10:32 PM
Thank You all for a Fantastic Cabin Fever Expo Event 2017. In my mind the best so far. It was great to se all of you New and Old Friends. A ton of fun to watch the Young Girls and Boys driving and digging the giant dirt pile. Fantastic Kids. And no lack of interest from the older crowd to shape the event to such success. I'm sure we had a lot over 100 units in the layout........maybe closer to 200 i lost count. I'm looking forward to meet you all again. Together we can move a mountain or two ;o)

Thank You.
BO

SmallHaul
01-17-2017, 12:27 AM
A good turnout and a great group of people made this another memorable show!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf-7cHgDU8M

kerst
01-29-2017, 06:55 PM
I am ready for next year’s show!

Finally I installed a real RC control on my truck, thus no more cables in the way! I bought a very simple 2 channel system, batteries and a speed control and I put it all in a box, which I can move around to other vehicles if needed. I am not very good with electronics, but I got it to work! I hope to also use this set up for my cranes.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/341/32558320316_6a444dce53_b.jpg
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/591/32219584660_bbb11ca0d6_b.jpg
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/324/32475885741_2345a58b14_b.jpg

Kerst