PDA

View Full Version : My Wedico COE (project Overtime)

Rogue
01-18-2011, 09:50 PM
Well it's no secret my passion for Wedico trucks. When I got home from work on Xmas eve and saw this listed on Ebay, it was only natural that i buy it as a present for myself. I'm not a big fan of Freightliners, but am a huge fan of COE trucks, and being a Wedico, I just had to have it.

This is how it looked as it arrived today from the Netherlands (yeah, my trucks all seem to have a few miles under them before i get them)
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i178/King-Rick/WDC%20COE/u1TMKg6F2G7n129310433672S.jpg

20 minutes later, the single axle el cheap-o chassis was replaced by a new pro chassis that scales at 204"wb.
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i178/King-Rick/WDC%20COE/P1180014.jpg

That's all i've got for now. Been up for 30 hours now, and need to get a nap in so I can think straight before I go any further on this.

Brian in PA
01-18-2011, 09:59 PM
Looks Great Rick! What a difference a frame makes.

Brian

Claus
01-18-2011, 10:16 PM
Nice truck Rick! I don't care how cool you build this truck to be your not sucking me into a cabover! One Wedico is enough for me.

Izzy
01-18-2011, 10:38 PM
Sweet - that chassis really helped set it off! Whole different truck......

sneaky-pete
01-19-2011, 12:05 AM
Wow...I can tell that this will be cool when you are done.
Did you give up on your other one,or put it on the back burner?

Dreamweaver
01-19-2011, 12:20 AM
Cool Rick, now all you need to do is catch up with me. Shouldn't be hard you know most of my plans....

Talk to you later..

-Mike

Espeefan
01-19-2011, 04:03 AM
Nice find, Rick. I have to say at one point I was considering a COE Freightliner too, but I was interested in it more because I thought it could be modified into a Peterbilt COE. I still think it could be. Mill the emblem surround flat and smooth, change the grill, and it would be well on the way.

Regardless if you keep it a Freightshaker or not, it's still sweet. COEs are neat.

Allbusted
01-19-2011, 07:05 PM
I like the long frame it looks great.. Just like a short skirt on a lady the more leg the better.. With in reason of course..

Rogue
01-19-2011, 07:59 PM
Looks Great Rick! What a difference a frame makes.

Brian

Thx Brian. Hopefully someday it will fall into the same caliber as your builds.

Nice truck Rick! I don't care how cool you build this truck to be your not sucking me into a cabover! One Wedico is enough for me.

C'mon Craig, you know you want one too

Sweet - that chassis really helped set it off! Whole different truck......

Thx Chris. There's more where this came from. Stay tuned.

Wow...I can tell that this will be cool when you are done.
Did you give up on your other one,or put it on the back burner?

Thanks Troy. Nope, didn't give up on the Pete. Just biding my time, and gathering parts. It'll surface again here real soon.

Cool Rick, now all you need to do is catch up with me. Shouldn't be hard you know most of my plans....

Talk to you later..

-Mike

**** Mike , way to throw the gauntlet :eek:. Not sure if i'd ever have the patience to pull off some of the tricks you're pulling out of your sleeve.

Nice find, Rick. I have to say at one point I was considering a COE Freightliner too, but I was interested in it more because I thought it could be modified into a Peterbilt COE. I still think it could be. Mill the emblem surround flat and smooth, change the grill, and it would be well on the way.

Regardless if you keep it a Freightshaker or not, it's still sweet. COEs are neat.

Thanks Nathan. I have been on the hunt for a COE for awhile. The "Shaker part is irrelevant really, I just wanted a COE.

I like the long frame it looks great.. Just like a short skirt on a lady the more leg the better.. With in reason of course..

Within reason ??? Are you nuts?:D:D Ain't nothin' wrong with showing some leg.....

First major update is getting rid of the red. Not my fave color at all, and it has to go. For a simple "box" of a cab, this dam thing thing is twice as intensive to disassemble as my Pete. Between this COE and my Pete, i have 2mm hardware scattered everywhere !!
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i178/King-Rick/WDC%20COE/P1190015.jpg

Stepside
01-19-2011, 09:49 PM
very neat lil truck project!

I do like the single axle... IDK, with all the "big trucks" begin built, I am taking a liking to the short ones now!

hauler_10-4
01-21-2011, 04:52 PM
Great the mad man is at it again..:D. Im keeping a eye on this build Ric.

fuzzy
01-25-2011, 10:46 PM
nice 1974 truck keep cook and long for today rigs truck in style.