PDA

View Full Version : the cab hinges are bent

Brel
01-22-2011, 03:59 PM
I have notice recently that the cab hinges on both my Scania and Mercedes trucks are bent, talk about not designing something properly, I noticed the mercedes hinges where bent when one of the front tyres was rubbing on the wheel arches as I reversed the tipper full of gravel in to the holding bin that I tip the gravel into, so I checked both trucks and the were bent on both of them
so I was wondering where I can get some new ones from that are made from thicker metal, because the original ones are less than .5 mm thick, with the weight of the speaker in the roof they are going to deform at some point

Stuff
01-22-2011, 04:07 PM
cab hinges get bent from running into stuff. all the stuff in the cab should rest on the platforms inside or evenly between the cab hinges and rear cab mount. pictures would be worth a million words to :P

Brel
01-22-2011, 07:42 PM
so what do people do to replace the cab hinges
apart from not running into any thing

Stuff
01-22-2011, 08:33 PM
I just bent mine back into place. then bought the aluminum animal guard lol. I got mine off RC Dampner (spelling?) on ebay. worth the investment I think.

Brel
01-22-2011, 08:49 PM
the aluminum animal guard is ok if you are building a model truck based on an Australian road train but not on a European one LOL
guess I will have to look on the internet for some about the same size