PDA

View Full Version : Thank you FGD

MadMax
08-13-2010, 04:59 PM
MadMax signing in and saying a BIG Thanks to FGD:)

Roadmasters
08-13-2010, 06:07 PM
I second the notion!!

Stylin n profilin
08-13-2010, 06:19 PM
I third that...All hale Freddy!!:p:p

ihbuilder
08-13-2010, 06:20 PM
thanks freddy, now wait for me :D

Tamiya Cowboy
08-13-2010, 06:22 PM
I would like to give a BIG old THANKS to my dad Freddy for building us a new home to live in that will be great for the hobby and BS free.. :D

fhhhstix
08-13-2010, 06:51 PM
Thanks Freddy I have a new home so you and Paul can take me off the watch list.:D

Stylin n profilin
08-13-2010, 07:25 PM
:pTravis...Im watching you...You!!! you got a gift my friend!:D:p

firefighter30
08-13-2010, 09:45 PM
thank you freddy i'm liking the new forum

Cossett
08-13-2010, 09:58 PM
Thanks Freddy,

I have a new place to hang out and may the board be as good as our old home without the BS

Cheers Cossett

diesel950
08-13-2010, 10:53 PM
:cool: yeh thanks freddy!!

oldboy
08-13-2010, 11:02 PM
Freddy,
I finaly got here.

Can we get a bigger selection of :) :) please

John

tracksntreadslou
08-14-2010, 01:48 AM
Thanks Freddy ...Fells like home already ...Build it and they will come ..Cheers

FreddyGearDrive
08-14-2010, 07:45 AM
Well for starters,I'll say YOUR WELCOME! & THANK YOU!
I'm glad to see people are findin there way here!
She's not the biggest & best house on the cyber block,but she's ours!
A little paint,some wall paper,a few pics here & there,& I think she'll work just fine!
Now as you see there are no rules posted by us yet.Wasn't going to unlock forum till they were in place.But after some thought figured,WE'RE ALL ADULTS HERE! Don't think it needs to be in black & white for us to know how to act.
Things are going to be a little rocky till this board is totaly set up.
So until the mods are set in place,Please if you see a problem w/board not set right or some one not acting in an adult manor.PLEASE! p/m Cowboy,Lil Giants or myself & we'll do the best we can to fix it!
One little favor! Let's leave the Garden bashin over on scale. Could see the cloud movin over scale. We should send Keith something for lettin us mess w/his smooth runnin board. :eek:Pretty darn nice of him not to show us the door!
Oh!One other little thing! Hows about yu'all given me a hand findin our other forum brothers & sisters,left standin out in the cold. I've e-mailed a few already, So if each one of you send a few messages out,it won't be long & this place should be rockin!
SO...On that note,Let's do some,BUILDIN,POSTIN,COMMENTING,& HAVE SOME FUN!
Thanks for reading this!
FGD

Izzy
08-14-2010, 09:03 AM
Dude - you rock:cool:

FOund my way thanks to Travvis........a good guy all around:D

Cossett
08-14-2010, 09:15 AM
Hi Freddy,

I've been telling people already and I'll post a link on the other non r/c sites I'm on

Cheers Cossett :D

Juganought
08-14-2010, 10:40 AM
The juganought has just arrived. Thanx FGD:D
Ps: still waiting impatiently:)

JAMMER
08-14-2010, 10:49 AM
Well here I am Fred thank you for this new sight. My name is Ed and I am a retired truck driver and if I never see the inside of a cab it will be to soon.

CustomRCmodels
08-14-2010, 10:53 AM
Yeah Freddy , I been already on that – spreading the word – I posted in several other forums .

and what I had offered already to Joe ,
If we have stuff , like larger files , or we need extra storage space , ‘
I am offering my own website to do this ,
and then we just can link it to here
all you have to do it send me the stuff

example ,
we want to post manuals ,
I have the King Hauler manual online
and here would be the link for it :
http://www.customrcmodels.com/11f8f0a60.jpg (http://www.customrcmodels.com/id372.htm)

by the way , I have these manuals also as PDF files ,
just need to get the stuff orgenized

that’s how simple that is

then I would say we definitely need a forums sections just for website links ,
which again could be categorized in like manufactures and distributor links ,
as well a section for members own website sections .
Since it’s useless ( and takes up to much space ) ,
to copy sections of websites in to a post .

another example ,
instead copying the entire content , I just would post a link ,
say like I want to post stuff about my Mason Dixon Truck
“Willys Mason Dixon Truck “
http://customrcmodels.com/Trucks/62220b20.jpg (http://customrcmodels.com/Trucks/masondixon_trucking.htm)
click on the image above to see more ! (http://customrcmodels.com/Trucks/masondixon_trucking.htm)
Or my first truck-build :

“ Willys Mercedes Benz 3850 “
http://customrcmodels.com/Trucks/2f420140.jpg (http://www.customrcmodels.com/id53.htm)
click on the image above to see more ! (http://www.customrcmodels.com/id53.htm)

Or past “ Indy Events “ (http://www.customrcmodels.com/Events2009/indy_2009_trucking.htm)

You get the idea , right ?

Willy
CustomRCmodels

Hos1880
08-14-2010, 11:15 AM
Thank Freddy and CHEERS to all

Merritt

td9clyde
08-14-2010, 11:22 AM
well thank you from over here too Freddy this is td9clyde (henry) with the terex dozer build i am glad to have been told about the new site Jammer called me and filled me in thanks guys

dirtpusher9
08-14-2010, 12:35 PM
Freddy,I knew I liked you when we met at Indy, THANKS for everything.

Blueshirt
08-14-2010, 01:18 PM
Thank you guys,for all your hard work and money spent getting up a board for us to call home!

RCLogger
08-14-2010, 02:08 PM
Well done Freddy, looking forward to the site.

Greg

RAIDERS
08-14-2010, 03:23 PM
THANKS FREDDY!!!

Brian in PA
08-14-2010, 09:29 PM
Way to go Freddy !! You the man! It smells like a fresh start here!!

Brian

Lil Giants
08-14-2010, 10:29 PM
Good job Freddy! :cool:

I hope you still have some hair left to put into your builds after all the hair pulling the last couple wks putting this place together? :D

Iron Art
08-14-2010, 10:52 PM
Thanks Freddy,You guys have done well by getting this up and going, hope there will be room for a scratchbuilt static model or two. Fred (Iron Art)

ihbuilder
08-15-2010, 12:24 AM
Way to go Freddy !! You the man! It smells like a fresh start here!!

Brian

hey brian did you give steve and scott the heads up today while playing LMK or I'll Tell them on the other places :D

IHB

cummingsman29
08-15-2010, 12:23 PM
We are home, thank you freddy gear drive!!!!!!!!!

CustomRCmodels
08-15-2010, 02:05 PM
It’s great to see the majority of ex-Garden-members showing up here so quickly !
Big Thanks to everybody been involved getting the ball rolling !

I will keep spreading the word ( like I did the past week via several forums )..
Still need to go over my large database from my own website to find more guys to join here .
Freddy , I have to say , I am impressed with all your builds .
When we met last year for the first time , I wasn’t aware that you are so deep in to this , Big Thumbs up !
Same counts for the many other guys with there fantastic builds !
Some of guys ( like Paul ) told me last year , that you have gotten in to this truck-hobby because you struggled over my website .
It’s really awesome to see what some of you guys have come up with within just a few years of building !

Let’s make this forum here as the No 1 place for trucking & construction vehicles ! ( without all the BS from the past ! )

As soon I have a little more time , I will support that with updating my own website
and posting stuff we can’t post here ( like because of file-sizes and such )

Keep on building these fantastic rig’s and construction equipment !

Hope to see a lot of you guys in Indy next week !

Willy
CustomRCmodels (http://www.customrcmodels.com/Trucks)

trucker n
08-15-2010, 04:21 PM
thanks fgd do not know what we would do without you :D

Pipeliner_970
08-16-2010, 02:28 AM
Way to be quick on the feet Freddy! I was pretty disappointed to see the "other" place go (won't go there) but I sure hope everyone makes their way over here, so the wealth of information can begin to rebuild.

Thanks for giving us a home again FGD, and thanks for linking this place TC, who knows how long I would've wandered lost and alone in the WWW....

ddc333
08-16-2010, 06:46 AM
Hi all

Finally stumbled on this site good to see a great replacement site up so soon and operating so smoothly as well so thanks to all involved.

I do however have a question and if its already been asked and answered my apologies........ if its going to cause issues just delete it

Has anyone actually looked into seeing if the info from the garden forum is able to be retrieved from the server ?? even if it means buying the information ?? I would be prepared to donate if its possible

cheers Daniel

Radiowave Trucking
08-16-2010, 08:01 AM
Thank you FGD for the new site!!

CorbettTrailers
08-16-2010, 10:28 PM
Thanks Freddy!! I'm Losi454XXL from Garden. New Forum, New Username.
Can't wait for Indy!!

John Corbett

Bigrigger
08-16-2010, 11:13 PM
Hi Freddy! Thanks for the new site! It's Bigrigger. I was worried about you with the Garden gone!:D So this is how you deal with it!:D We've been rescued by the wonderful FreddyGearDrive! (and the others!):D Well this place is gonna be much better! Lead the way Freddy!:D

P.S. I remember some people who were left behind, I don't know if they're here..... bucshott, Yoater, midavis, livefree, wedicotrucker2003, Perry, Sweet Pete, Mack Daddy, KNIGHT HAULER, fhhhstix, Small Haul, diesel don, Brian in PA, espeefan,& ihbuilder. So If you know them, like Freddy said, please tell them we are here!:D :) -Trucker:)

Espeefan
08-17-2010, 12:01 AM
My sincerest thanks to Freddy as well! This is what I have been wanting for a long time. Nice to be a part of it now. A real forum.

Trucker, I'm here, as is Brain in PA, and I've seen IHBuilder too. Maybe even SmallHaul? I think there a lot more guys here already, then some of us even know. They have choosen new names, but I kept my old one. :D

I've been sending a couple emails to guys I know as well, but haven't seen here yet. Hopefully they'll join us.

SmallHaul
08-17-2010, 09:26 AM
I am here Espeefan:)

Thanks and congratulations on starting a cool site!

Also, a big thanks to all who helped!

mog
08-18-2010, 10:04 PM
thanks FDG i have bean too biss to keep up with things and then when i had 5 min to chek up it was too late. thanks agin for get this place going.