PDA

View Full Version : HD VIDEO Help

tracksntreadslou
01-24-2011, 08:26 PM
I just recently received a JVC PICSIO HD video camera...I have been using windows movie maker for editing on my other regular camera and last night I tried to import a HD video into WMM and It coundnt play or manipulate the video..Is there a patch available or can i get a free video editing software..Does anyone out there have any sujestions? Thanks Lou

RCLogger
01-27-2011, 12:38 AM
Try turning the camera on next time... LOL LOL

9W Monighan
01-27-2011, 10:58 AM
I have a new Nikon 8100S camera and my new HD videos from Cabin Fever took a while to load. I had to use the soft ware that came with the camera. First they had to be converted to a .mov file and that took a while then download to youtube. My steep grade one was 11:00min long so I used the 480 setting,not as detailed but took less time. I noticed one of my HD vids takes awhile to buffer on youtube. I would like to know more about editing videos together but haven't taken the time to understand all the directions.

Thorsteenster
01-27-2011, 03:21 PM
If you can play the HD footage in Windows Media Player you should be able to edit it in Movie Maker.
If your running XP the older version may not support the file type. If you know someone with Windows 7 see if you can talk them into installing Windows Movie Maker Live (free from Microsoft) and try it on it.
What file format is the video in?

tracksntreadslou
01-28-2011, 12:43 AM
Thanks very much guys..My windows movie player wouldnt play the video and sopport the file type...im running vista a new operating system and surprized it wouldnt work with these fairly new software..It took a while and i did find the software that loaded with the camera..when recording i found that the video was quite fuzzy and tried to clean it up a bit with editing ..No such luck...I did find a reveiw of this camera on youtube and wasnt very impressed ..hopefully i will be able to return it now ...
Steve what type of camera did you get and are you happy with it ?
By the looks of the videos you took at cabin fever it looks like a good camera ...
Thanks again guys .. PS RCLogger LMA$$O :)

CustomRCmodels
01-29-2011, 11:27 AM
Hello Lou
So far I didn’t like the low-light capabilities of small or mini-HD cameras .
( they are probably some better ones out there by now )
Vivitar makes some inexpensive HD video cameras . ( less when $ 100 , - )
I have a Vivitar DVR870HD what does some surprisingly good videos ,
Even thought it is a cheap fixed focus camera .
I use that one mainly for drivers-view type videos .
Low light capabilities ( like indoors ) is not bad at all .
For the full High Quality HD recording I use a Canon Vixia HF200 which is like at the lower end of Canons HD video cameras ( around $ 400 - $ 500, - ) .
Which has better low-light capabilities .
If you check out my videos on Youtube , ( customrcmodels )
mainly the ones done in the tank-museum , drivers-view from a R/C tank or the trucking and crawling videos you can tell the differences .
I would not mess around with WMV files , compression is to high and to many different standards’ , expect if your camera produces WMV files ? which would be kind a odd , since HD is usually either a already compressed mp4 or like Canon uses a AVCHD file.
For uploading to Youtube you can use full quality videos , it takes a little longer to upload , but the play-back quality is much better if uploaded at full quality.
For editing I am using since years Pinnacle Systems Studio series of video editing software . Currently I am using Studio 12 , there is a newer version out there 14 or higher , but Version 12 does already full quality HD videos .
There are no free versions of that software , but you can find it sometimes cheap bundled with some hardware , like a video-capture board ( internal or external use via fire-wire or USB2 )
But be aware to edit a full HD video 1080P you need at least a dual-core 2.4Ghz or better computer . Videos in which I have a lot of trick-editing , I do them in just 720 to get a better performance out of my computer during the editing ( no dropped frames or such ).
I just got me a ipod 4th generation , which has 720P HD video capabilities , but didn’t had the time yet to check it out . That would be another nice option if you are looking for a small HD video-camera.
I could write a book on video-editing , but that would get a little out of hand now , Lol .

tracksntreadslou
01-29-2011, 10:01 PM
Thanks very much Willy..Thats very valuble info and will save a bit of time...There is a video on youtube that RCNEWSTV posted that has some very helpfull tips an camera operation and proper technique that will keep the veiwers intrested

9W Monighan
01-29-2011, 10:37 PM
Here's my new camera. I looked over a bunch and picked this one. I'm getting used to it now and it can take some really nice close up detailed shots in the macro mode works nice in low light. Christmas eve I was fooling around with different settings and the typical family group photos looked crappy because not everyone smiles at the same time. Maybe because in red eye mode it flashes several times and someone moves making them blurry. Some of my first pictures I had the flash too bright making the photo overexposed and that can be toned down with a brightness setting. For me It has too many bells and whistles but I do like it.

http://gearmoz.com/nikon-coolpix-s8100-review.html