PDA

View Full Version : Excavator sound

craig nicholas
02-12-2018, 07:19 AM
Hi guys. Looking at maybe fitting a sound system in my 4200 excavator. I've a couple of trucks with mfu-01 /03 And I built another with a full Beier system that works and sounds amazing.
What is best used on a excavator ?

Northern Farmer
02-12-2018, 08:23 AM
Can’t go wrong with a Beier sound unit, Servonaut SMB also sounds great :cool:

Northern Farmer
02-12-2018, 08:28 AM
Here’s a 4200xl with a Servonaut SMB sound unit.
https://youtu.be/PuI43EX4WyU

skeeter
02-13-2018, 12:27 AM
Nice work sir! I wonder how you managed to shoehorn all that into the space available? Mine is fairly tight without having additional stuff in it.

Rimrock
02-13-2018, 04:40 AM
Would advice Servonaut SM3 (easy 'plugg and play', 3-4 different engine sounds), or Beier (more complicated, but higher number of engine souds to choose from) if you already familiar with that unit.
The Servonaut SMB got in addition to engine sound (just 1 off, Liebherr), sounds for tracks and more. Coll when things are set up as supposed. All is set up on a certain number of mixing channels, one need a radio with quite a few free mixing opporturinties. It's adviced to read the online manual before going for SMB, and compare what opporturities one got at the radio one like to use. To fully use the SMB possible might be a challange with the original Turnigy/flysky 9 ch radio.
Type of speaker ohm, at least for servonaut modules, varies depending on what voltage and type of unit. It's explained on the servonaut site what goes where.

liddy102
11-30-2019, 10:44 PM
I've no idea.just Ttt

skeeter
02-04-2020, 05:23 PM
I'm using the ESS Dual+ in my current truck build. I've used it before in previous builds, & it works well. Very bulky, & limited sound options, but for an engine, with functioning horn, I feel it's a decent unit. HOPEFULLY I'll have that project wrapped up soon, & have some video to post.