PDA

View Full Version : Australia Post

Cossett
01-27-2011, 06:12 AM
I really love Australia Post (not) it takes them 4 days for them to overnight parcels between local suburbs and interstate

Cheers Tracy

doodlebug
01-27-2011, 07:29 AM
Hey Tracy, that's about how long airmail take's to come stateside, from your neck of the wood's. LOL Cheer's Neil#2 aka doodlebug.

roadranger
02-02-2011, 07:15 PM
Tracy, I get quicker air mail service from Australia and New Zealand to the USA, than from Great Britain to the USA... go figure!

Fireman700
02-03-2011, 12:56 PM
I've had some pretty bad luck with Canada to USA mail services. I've been waiting over a month for something from a country that touches ours, but a friend of mine in Ireland mailed me stuff and it was here in 2 weeks

ihbuilder
02-03-2011, 05:41 PM
boy that does s@#k . Aaron , thats because of our customs :confused: I'm starting to think the canadian ups is down here now ,I ordered stuff from Ric and he shipped last tues still not here :confused: well I got the tracking # and checked it it was here at the local hub :rolleyes: but they couldn't read the label and sent it back :mad: there's parts I need to get some orders out :mad:

steamer
02-03-2011, 11:10 PM
Same goes for me. I bought some trailers on this site. Mailed on the 11 Jan. Sat in post office where they were mailed till 29 Jan. Left NY on the 30th and in what must be the worlds longest flight, has still not yet arrived on Canadian soil. According to the tracking people, US and Canadian, they don't have a clue where the parcel is. And this was sent express post. I can only imagine if it was sent regular post. I guess we'll have to go back to horse, rider and Pony Express.
Rob

Juganought
02-04-2011, 05:29 AM
Seems me and you in the same boat Rob..item picked up from customer, took two weeks to get to chicago, where it apparently still is. I have ordered stuff from china and japan, that took 3-4 days to get here.

Fireman700
02-04-2011, 12:33 PM
I could see if it was alot of large packages, or there were alot of shipments back and forth raising suspicion. But this is the 3rd package I've got from Canada from the same person. I understand after the attempted bomb anything with wires might slow down in customs, but for the amount of machines that can sniff and x-ray packages this is just rediculous and people at the USPS wonder why people are shipping stuff via fedex or ups - they atleast move a little faster.

Lil Giants
02-05-2011, 02:02 PM
Since 9/11, Homeland Security, mail between Canada - USA has become extremely slow! It could be a week or I've had it as long as 8wks. Doesn't seem to matter whether it's 3-day air or regular post... now I just pay or request regular post & wait patiently for it to show up.

The last two parcels from Vario Germany have arrived within ten days and they carrier is FedEx.

Stuff
02-05-2011, 02:15 PM
yup same experience with canada post. i ordered the pole trailer out of the usa, yet ordered light and bearing kit from Stella (china) and stella stuff arrived that week and the pole trailer arrived 2 weeks later!

Stuff
02-07-2011, 02:44 PM
IM NOT ALONE!!! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTlLOF2moxY

steamer
02-07-2011, 03:55 PM
Great news. Piper cub landed yesterday after record breaking flight. Took off Jan.30 from New York and landed in Vancouver yesterday morning at 10.15. Bad news is now the package still has to clear customs.:mad:
Rob

Juganought
02-07-2011, 05:06 PM
The eagle has landed 16:35, lets see how long it takes to get here;)

Cossett
02-07-2011, 09:25 PM
IM NOT ALONE!!! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTlLOF2moxY

Thanks Stuff

Now that was a real good laugh :D:D

Cheers Tracy

Juganought
02-10-2011, 05:01 PM
It' has arrived at our local depot:) Thing is I have to pay customs before I can have it delivered:mad: