PDA

View Full Version : DHL vs USPS vs Security

rc_farmer
01-27-2011, 11:57 AM
Package shipped from TTM thru DHL(13 jan)...DHL sent tracking status that package has been sent to destination country.......checked with USPS, no record.......talked to DHL today, package still in Germany :mad::mad::mad: guess i gotta wait another 2 wks.

JAMMER
01-27-2011, 01:25 PM
Rob it takes about 4 weeks to get here I just got a package that was sent the 4th of January. I keep on checking USPS and the said no shipment but I got it. Neither USPS or DHL have accurate records when it comes to shipments. Ed

RCLogger
01-27-2011, 04:24 PM
Sounds like they put the parts on a row boat to send them over to this side of the pond...
Any problems ordering from TTM ?

greg

mazdaparts
01-27-2011, 04:48 PM
USPS tracking is junk. Def. not real time. I get tracking numbers all the time with them and it says in hub or something and it shows up in my mail box.

Thorsteenster
01-27-2011, 04:51 PM
Who's TTM?

Brel
01-27-2011, 05:08 PM
link to TTM
http://www.ttm-funktionsmodellbau.de/

JAMMER
01-27-2011, 07:26 PM
TTM are good people I order from them a lot. It's not them that is slow it customs on both ends the government got to get there due. It would probably be faster if you had it air mailed or freighted but the expense is a lot greater. Ed

RCLogger
01-27-2011, 11:18 PM
Thanks Ed
Do you order online or do you phone in your orders ?

greg

rc_farmer
01-28-2011, 01:51 AM
I'm patient, i can wait, just wanted to at least follow it to the door :rolleyes:
I piggyback off Ed too, TTM very good people to talk to. I order offline after talking to them about what i wanted to confirm.

JAMMER
01-28-2011, 07:32 AM
I order and converse with them on line they are quick to answer. Ed

Rogue
01-29-2011, 12:42 AM
Never dealt with DHL, but USPS tracking #'s, or more importantly, their update of #'s.... SUCK. Can't tell you how many times I have checked #'s that haven't been updated, or not even have them exist in the system, yet have things show up in my PO box.
I order a lot of stuff from Germany, and it always arrives in the states within 2 days, yet takes an additional 3 weeks for CBP (Customs and Border protection) to get done playing soccer with my packages before they finally hit the doorstep.
On the contrary, if I order anything from Asia, it's on the door within 5 days usually. Figure that one out.

Stuff
01-29-2011, 10:23 AM
you think thats bad? its like that every time i order from the USA! soon as it gets to what ever center thats going across the border i loose tracking info. next thing i get is when it shows up at my door or the postal guys throw a "sorry you were not home" thing in the community mailboxes (yet they never deliver to my door... thats another rant)

Dreamweaver
01-29-2011, 11:14 AM
you think thats bad? its like that every time i order from the USA! soon as it gets to what ever center thats going across the border i loose tracking info. next thing i get is when it shows up at my door or the postal guys throw a "sorry you were not home" thing in the community mailboxes (yet they never deliver to my door... thats another rant)

Wow, So the postmen in Canada must be trained by the Postmen in America.

-Mike

Stuff
01-29-2011, 11:48 AM
not even close. the usa mail moves about 10x faster. heck christmas cards we mailed in mid december have just reached a couple of the last people to get cards. some got returned to sender even though we confirmed it was the correct address. its just bloody horrible AND expensive. mailed 16 dvd's in just sleeves to vancouver and it cost me $16. same package from Noonan, ND to Columbus, Ohio cost $3.25... and it got there a whole month before the vancouver delivery...

rc_farmer
02-10-2011, 11:45 AM
Just as you guys said, USPS as of yesterday, package still in Germany, becasue thats what their records show.........Ding Dong (door bell) this morning......Guess what....:eek::eek:, then :D:D

Called USPS just as after i signed for the package to check the status, she said it was still in Germany....I said thats odd, becasue i just signed for it. There was silence, then said they are not required to scan all the packages that come in, it depends on the shipper :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Anyway, i will get off my soapbox now.

Stuff
02-10-2011, 12:23 PM
i just got my unit crane shipped through USPS and it had awesome tracking information. wasnt up to the minute but good enough for me! Now parents had an important package shipped from BC to Estevan, sk through DHL. was supposed to be overnight. next day nothing, called DHL and "it didnt make it before cutoff"... well fine then. third day they came and slapped a sticker on the door saying no one was home. Mom was home all day waiting for the package. So she calls DHL wanting to pick up the package. "Oh sorry it goes back to regina each night and they re-try delivery the next day" well regina is 200km (140miles) away.... what a load of BS..