PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Las Vegas, NV

scalecranes
01-31-2011, 01:00 AM
Well I've started working on my first r/c build. It will be a 1:12 scale copy of a one off 400 ton lattice boom that the company I work for owns. when the original crane was built in the early 90's it was the largest street legal crane that could operate in California, without removing the upper (it may still be the largest lattice boom?). I'm glad I found this place, and I hope you guys don't mind me asking a bunch of r/c questions along the way (I jumped into this knowing plenty about modeling, but almost nothing about r/c). I'll start a build thread for the crane later this week once I finish welding up some boom.

Lil Giants
01-31-2011, 02:02 AM
No worries of asking questions, that's what these forums are for, communication. Welcome aboard. Look forward to seeing your handywork.

Tamiya Cowboy
01-31-2011, 04:15 PM
Welcome to the board.. Cant wait to see your build! Ask all the questions you like your are among the best builders on the net here.

Dreamweaver
02-01-2011, 03:33 AM
your are among the best builders on the net here.

Ya and the rest of us just drool over their work.:D:D:D

Welcome to the board, nice to know there is someone a little closer finally.

-Mike

SonoranWraith
02-01-2011, 09:28 PM
Welcome to the board. That should be a very cool crane. I am always amazed at the booms for those suckers.

scalecranes
02-01-2011, 11:18 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys.
@dreamweaver It is nice to know that there are other members close-ish to me.
@sonoranwraith The 1:1 is an amazing crane both to look at and to run. I'll post pictures after photobucket is done being mad at me. i just need to beat it over the head a few more times. lol

rcman
02-04-2011, 09:44 AM
welcome to the board and we are pic freaks! so lots of build pics please