PDA

View Full Version : what do you need to run leimbach hydraulics?

carp
01-31-2011, 05:39 PM
Just wanted to get a list here for people who want to get started in hydraulics and dont know to much about it(like me), so im on ttm modelbau site and in my cart i have as follows :
hydraulic pump 12v/48
manometer 0-25 bar
3 way control valve

i understand i need hoses and cylinders but there are cheaper places for those and for the pump it runs on brushless motor and speed control right? from reading leimbachs site they are saying its got 2 switchable speeds which could easily be replicated from radio programming no doubt, cant justify spending 200+euro on that when i probably have a motor and esc here that will work.

So have i missed anything?

fuzzy
01-31-2011, 06:22 PM
carp i have 2 hydraulic model. both run the same. one is wedico wheel loader the other stahl excavator. both pumps run fulltime everything else run with the speed controler and radio you know what i mean you need spoul valves sevos receiver with channals for each function

JAMMER
01-31-2011, 06:48 PM
What you need is a battle switch to shut down the pump when not in use but you can run the rest. Ed

carp
01-31-2011, 07:04 PM
i have a heli radio so throttle hold or throttle cut would work to shut the pump off, i am more concerned hardware wise is the stuff i mentioned earlier enough to get it going? so say if i bought the 3 way valve, pump and manometer i could get some cylinders plumb it all up and hey presto i have hydraulics working ?

fuzzy
01-31-2011, 07:45 PM
i think first what are going to build

ihbuilder
01-31-2011, 07:58 PM
OK , what are you going to build ? and before ordering contact them via e-mail and tell them what you want . when they quoted for me everything to work the pump and valves was included . also I believe the leimbach pump has the meter in the pump unit and comes preset @ 10 bar .

JAMMER
01-31-2011, 08:23 PM
Well it just so happens that I have 2 Liembach pumps laying right here and they both have adjusters for pressure. Ed

Lil Giants
02-01-2011, 12:59 AM
All I see missing from your list is a filter, a must have for a hydraulic system.

The "manometer" is the pressure guage and does not come with the pump. From Leimbach's site Part# OH151S (0-25bar).

To the best of my knowledge, all pumps come preset to 10bar. You'll require a torx#7 to adjust the screw within. I set mine to 15bar & haven't had any problems other than the oil darkens quicker from the higher heat/pressure.

rc_farmer
02-01-2011, 10:55 AM
All I see missing from your list is a filter, a must have for a hydraulic system.

The "manometer" is the pressure guage and does not come with the pump. From Leimbach's site Part# OH151S (0-25bar).

To the best of my knowledge, all pumps come preset to 10bar. You'll require a torx#7 to adjust the screw within. I set mine to 15bar & haven't had any problems other than the oil darkens quicker from the higher heat/pressure.

I would like for you to show me that lil tip when i get mine in. I would appreciate that.

Lil Giants
02-01-2011, 03:08 PM
To set the pressure? Sure Rob, very simple procedure. When you get your pump you'll see a black button head bolt on the side of the pump, remove that & the pressure screw is inside there. The torx screw is pushing on a spring forcing a steel ball into the return port restricting the oil flow back to the reservior. You don't have to turn it much to increase the pressure. The pump has to be OFF while adjusting the torx screw, install button head bolt before turning ON pump again.

If you're getting the pressure guage, screw the barbed fitting into the 2nd hole on the side of the filter can.

carp
02-01-2011, 05:14 PM
thanks for all the replies guys, it was going to be for an excavator 1:14 zaxis 870 similar to the vario one but homebuilt, at least now i know how much its going to cost me roughly, at 15bar pressure what sort of weight can you lift?

Lil Giants
02-02-2011, 02:41 AM
15bar -> 15 x 14psi/bar = 210psi

Lift capacity will depend on the size of cylinder diameter.

If you're building an excav of that size, then I'd say Leimbach's hyd system is too small for you.

The cyl bore on my JD850 is 18mm & Lenghts from approx 140mm to 195mm. The flow lines are 5mm ID. The pressure relief valve has a limit I think of 30bar, maybe more. I don't intend to run it any higher than necessary, maybe 20-25bar.

The cyl bores on my small Stahl Liebherr 922 are 14mm & Lengths from 50mm to 75mm. The flow lines are 2.5mm.

The JD850 uses this pump (I'm guessing as there is no markings on the pump as to what model# Jung pump it is)

http://www.jung-fluid.de/english/pdf/IPZ1-HR2-EN.pdf

http://www.jung-fluid.de/english/images/mini-2.jpg

carp
02-02-2011, 06:43 PM
hmm ok guess ill have to rethink the plans on the size and make something a bit smaller, thanks

bigford
02-06-2011, 06:20 PM
hey guys i like the on/off idea for the pump,but will the hydros
hold any weight with the pump off??. say a whee lift to lift a K.H.
pump on to lift the load the pump off to drive around??

doodlebug
02-06-2011, 09:12 PM
Hey Bigford, don't forget the control valves. They direct the oil for raising, lowering, or holding the circuit;I.E. your wheel lift. Later, Neil#2 aka doodlebug.