PDA

View Full Version : Damitz hydraulic motor

scalecranes
01-31-2011, 11:46 PM
Does anyone know what the torque output for these motors is? I'm hoping to use hydraulics for my crane, but im going to need a fairly high torque output. I've seen in some of your videos how slow they seem to spin on their own, and I'm reluctant to gear them down much more to acheive the torque I need. Thanks for any input you can provide.

Lil Giants
02-01-2011, 01:19 AM
I've never heard of a torque rating for Damitz's hyd motors, you could try emailing them directly.

http://www.damitz-modelltechnik.de/index3.htm

FYI, spare parts from them are hard to get; me & a few others have been waiting 2.5yrs for a half dozen hyd pumps.

Ultrashort
02-03-2011, 02:17 PM
This is normal for Damitzparts. We have the same problems here in Germany too. If you need something you have to call several times via Phone or write emails. The products are 10 stars, but the service can be "a little" bit better .

RC-Model is only a side business of Mr. Damitz. If it goes around the main job, he must set priorities.

Cu Ultrashort

scalecranes
02-03-2011, 10:57 PM
Thanks for the info guys. It looks like my quest for hoist motors continues. Im thinking I may forego hydraulics, or at least limit them to the outriggers. I may use worm gears on the hoists where the dogs are, then it'll at least appear scale if you stand feet away.