PDA

View Full Version : Cat Certified Rebuild.

RCTech9
01-31-2011, 11:52 PM
Heres what it says on their website. http://www.cat.com/parts/cat-certified-rebuild
Video of the 5000TH rebuild a 980G. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcbadjBDGZc I thought it was pretty cool.
Enjoy:cool:

RCLogger
02-01-2011, 12:39 AM
Very interesting Thanks for the post

greg

chaseracer
02-01-2011, 01:17 AM
very cool video good find
but I would gladly take that 980 even before the rebuild, it would be a dream compared to this old 988 I ran last summer loading rock into the crusher. :D :rolleyes:
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh151/chaseracer/RC4wd/shop/IMAG0030.jpg

doodlebug
02-01-2011, 07:53 AM
I'll see it at Conexpo Conag in March. Thank's for posting the video's.
Later, Neil#2 aka doodlebug.

SmallHaul
02-01-2011, 09:58 AM
Great video.

Cats are so overbuilt.. When I first started working in FMC's automated division Cat sold us there automated division. I was sent to one of Cats warehouses in Ohio to familiarize myself with there equipment and I was shocked at how overbuilt there equipment was in every way. I walked up to one laser guided fork vehicle and grabbed the manual controller and moved the stick the wrong way and Bam! the forks punched two holes right through the concrete block like it was cardboard:eek: I then walked up to the guy we hired from Cat and said "I marked the seated fork height on the back wall to calibrate the vehicles with" .."by punching holes in the concrete block with the forks.." He laughed and said "If that is the most damage you do with one of these vehicles you are doing good" LOL. People made some funny and very dangerous mistakes while fixing and programming some of these vehicles. None by myself of course.:p

RCTech9
02-01-2011, 10:58 AM
@ RCLogger your welcome.
@ ChaseRacer I would too.
@ DoodleBug cool take some pictures of it.
@ SmallHaul Ithought it looked like they were building a completely new Wheel loader.

Tamiya Cowboy
02-01-2011, 11:47 AM
Great Video thanks for posting it up.. my son is planing on going to CAT school in ND and then do his 2 years in SD he has seen this video a few times. He cant wait to go to collage and become a CAT teck.

RCTech9
02-01-2011, 12:08 PM
Great Video thanks for posting it up.. my son is planing on going to CAT school in ND and then do his 2 years in SD he has seen this video a few times. He cant wait to go to collage and become a CAT teck.
Your Welcome. That will be a fun career.:cool:

ihbuilder
02-01-2011, 12:38 PM
Scott is so right on the overbuilt I tried a bobcat T190 before I got the cat 247B That cat will do circles around the bobcat providing you put an " operator " in it .

RCTech9
02-01-2011, 12:50 PM
Scott is so right on the overbuilt I tried a bobcat T190 before I got the cat 247B That cat will do circles around the bobcat providing you put an " operator " in it .

Yah. I wonder how much it would cost to get a machine rebuilt?:confused:

td9clyde
02-01-2011, 05:06 PM

sorry i know we all have our prefrences but i have to disagree lol i have tore up 2 247b cat loaders in a week and a half they were new i would run circles around a 247 with a T 190 bobcat and thats with a good operator in the cat lol sorry but my personal opinion is cat makes decent dozers they should leave the skid loaders to the guys that was makin them way back when

ihbuilder
02-01-2011, 05:34 PM
sorry i know we all have our prefrences but i have to disagree lol i have tore up 2 247b cat loaders in a week and a half they were new i would run circles around a 247 with a T 190 bobcat and thats with a good operator in the cat lol sorry but my personal opinion is cat makes decent dozers they should leave the skid loaders to the guys that was makin them way back when

Henry we need to have a comp then , you in a 190 and me in my 247 renamed 953 BUT we need to do it in all conditions and over 800 hrs :D the t190 can move faster on a hard surface but I like to see it go where the 247 goes . also I have won that comp already . BUT it really boils down to the app. , the cat MTLs and ASV/terrex love the swamp the bobcats still like to stay on the sidewalk :p . My only Bytch with cat mtl and asv/terrex is the dang lugs you get 1500 hrs on the tracks and they start to fall of :confused: never had tread issue unless you put a skid steer op. on it who likes to just spin them :mad: At 2500hrs I have yet to put a new set of tracks on it Just used 1s ONLY because I ran out of larry lugs on a wknd and had a used 1 I had ready to put on .

RCTech9
02-01-2011, 05:57 PM

Ya i agree. Go BobCat.:cool:

RCTech9
02-01-2011, 05:59 PM
Henry we need to have a comp then , you in a 190 and me in my 247 renamed 953 BUT we need to do it in all conditions and over 800 hrs :D the t190 can move faster on a hard surface but I like to see it go where the 247 goes . also I have won that comp already . BUT it really boils down to the app. , the cat MTLs and ASV/terrex love the swamp the bobcats still like to stay on the sidewalk :p . My only Bytch with cat mtl and asv/terrex is the dang lugs you get 1500 hrs on the tracks and they start to fall of :confused: never had tread issue unless you put a skid steer op. on it who likes to just spin them :mad: At 2500hrs I have yet to put a new set of tracks on it Just used 1s ONLY because I ran out of larry lugs on a wknd and had a used 1 I had ready to put on .
Well its an Your choice what you like. Bobcat 2 Cat 1.

td9clyde
02-01-2011, 06:33 PM
i would love to take that challenge on up a hill down a hill across a hill on a two to one just hang on lol

trucker n
02-01-2011, 06:36 PM
ive used the cat and the bobcat and i prefer the gehl

td9clyde
02-01-2011, 06:46 PM
sorry to hyjack the topic cool video yes i like cat cuz they are over built less breakage........and bobcat .........lmao just hadda do it :p

RCTech9
02-01-2011, 06:49 PM
sorry to hyjack the topic cool video yes i like cat cuz they are over built less breakage........and bobcat .........lmao just hadda do it :p
Its okay.:cool:

doodlebug
02-01-2011, 09:02 PM
And that's how the fight started:p
I like my 246B CAT! Had 3 Gehl's and 3 CATs, I'll take the Cat's any day!
I got tired of welding the Gehl's back together!

Larry lug's for track repair's.

http://www.bairproductsinc.com/index.html

RCTech9, yes I'm planning on taking lot's of picture's.
And let your son know, electronic's trouble shooting will make him more money than part's changer's. Learn how to use an occiliscope for chasing gremlin's! I alway's have the fault's (gremlin's) that the diagnostic computer doesn't catch.

ihbuilder
02-01-2011, 09:16 PM
i would love to take that challenge on up a hill down a hill across a hill on a two to one just hang on lol

10-4 Henry :rolleyes: and I'll bet that bobcat will come out of its tracks before I run the cat out of hers :p ( hint track tension ;) ) oh it's just a ford , gov motors , and the OLD dodge thing :p :rolleyes: they're all good in they're own applications , just cat is still cat and bobcat went through a couple co.

believe me it was pulling teeth for me to go cat but the IH's kinda died as for getting the parts :crying : and you can't beat the service :D

RCTech9
02-01-2011, 09:17 PM
Dont Gehls have a boom on one side?

RCTech9
02-01-2011, 09:19 PM
10-4 Henry :rolleyes: and I'll bet that bobcat will come out of its tracks before I run the cat out of hers :p ( hint track tension ;) ) oh it's just a ford , gov motors , and the OLD dodge thing :p :rolleyes: they're all good in they're own applications , just cat is still cat and bobcat went through a couple co.

Speaking of fords.
Fixed
Or
Repaired
Daily.
L0L:D

doodlebug
02-01-2011, 09:31 PM
Single arm boom is JCB. http://www.jcb.com/products/MachineOverview.aspx?RID=12
Here's the other skidsteer nobody see's. http://www.jcb.com/products/MachineProduct.aspx?PID=2&RID=1

ihbuilder
02-01-2011, 09:34 PM
Speaking of fords.
Fixed
Or
Repaired
Daily.
L0L:D

yep :D I used to know the gm 1 :confused: and dodge and IH keep running after the body fell off :D

RCTech9
02-01-2011, 09:35 PM
Well thats why JCBS are weak. Off topic Lol.

RCTech9
02-01-2011, 09:37 PM
yep :D I used to know the gm 1 :confused: and dodge and IH keep running after the body fell off :D

I have no idea what GM is.:confused:

RCTech9
02-01-2011, 09:39 PM
My Dad thinks dodge is
Dead
Or
Dying
Garbage
Everywhere.
NOT TRUE.

fhhhstix
02-01-2011, 11:58 PM
I wish I knew some one who works on the cats daily to ask his opinion.:rolleyes: Well OK the cat tracks do not like side slopes as we put the tracks back on them daily and as for the tension of the track loose or tight the come off. Drive a cat and a bobcat down into a mud pit and do a 180 and come back out the cat will be the last one out the pilot controls in the cat limit its mobility in deep mud. The two redeeming features of the cat is it's smooth ride and it is one snow pushing machine especially the 277C.

Believe me guys I don't dislike cat it pays my bills but just because it says cat on it doesn't make it the best thing.

Travis

td9clyde
02-02-2011, 02:37 AM
the 277's are nice machines they are alot different the the 247B's

ihbuilder
02-02-2011, 07:49 AM
I must be that 1 odd ball then :rolleyes: but travy is right , but this is coming from 1 who still operates 1 , but aside from name they are a different animal and are good in different applications . as for side slope and loosing tracks , you can feel the limit , when it is time to point it perpendicular to the slope . I use to work in a lot of wet conditions , I'm sorry but the cat out performed the bobcat hence my choice of animal I could go on about the pros and cons of both but I got work to do :D