PDA

View Full Version : My turn to complain!

fhhhstix
02-03-2011, 10:42 PM
OK I am sure I am about to upset some people so put on your big boy or girl pants and deal with it.

Read, read, read, read, read the whole thread if it is the first time you have viewed it or it has new post sense you have been on last before you reply to it and just scrolling down looking at the pic's is not reading. The forum does inform you that there are new post one the envelope to the left side of the forum will let you know that forum has new post and the threads will be highlighted a darker color till they are read. I find this place interesting and I like to here and see what members are up too. When I first joined the Garden I saw Joe "Lil giants" thread on his basement I took the time to read it (all 78 pages at the time) and I was amazed at what he had tried and done to break up the dirt. My point is read the whole thread first and it may answer that question you have because it may have all ready been explained or asked.

Travis

Tamiya Cowboy
02-03-2011, 10:44 PM
Very well said.. And by the way you have hurt my feelings..My BIG BOY pants were in the wash..

Cossett
02-03-2011, 10:58 PM
Hi Paul how did you know I was doing a few loads of washing (really was) lol,

Cheers Tracy

Tamiya Cowboy
02-03-2011, 10:59 PM
LOL no wonder I could not find them!

fhhhstix
02-03-2011, 11:02 PM
Hi Paul how did you know I was doing a few loads of washing (really was) lol,

Cheers Tracy

I hope you got your big girl pants washed before you read this.:D

Travis

Dreamweaver
02-03-2011, 11:05 PM
Now as my wife pointed out.... We are grown men playing with toys.... WHAT BIG BOY PANTS

-Mike

Brel
02-04-2011, 12:24 AM
Now as my wife pointed out.... We are grown men playing with toys.... WHAT BIG BOY PANTS

-Mike

too true too true

I never intend to grow up, just grow old playing with my toys

Stuff
02-04-2011, 12:36 AM
lol i agree with hating the 30 page threads then some guy that hasnt read back even one page asks a question that was clearly covered.

Bigrigger
02-19-2011, 11:14 PM
Lol, some of us don't even have our Big Boy Pants yet fffhstix!:D

aseejr
02-20-2011, 01:59 AM
Just my humble opinion:

Sometimes, asking questions is part of 'small talk'. Kinda like trying to be friendly.

Myself having frequented a rc helicopter forum for a couple of years now, there is always a newbie that comes in and asks a question that has been answered 2, 3 - 10 times already. And yet the 'regulars' still happily answer the questions by answering it or by directing them to a specific thread (page).

Albert

Dreamweaver
02-20-2011, 02:13 AM
Just my humble opinion:

Sometimes, asking questions is part of 'small talk'. Kinda like trying to be friendly.

Myself having frequented a rc helicopter forum for a couple of years now, there is always a newbie that comes in and asks a question that has been answered 2, 3 - 10 times already. And yet the 'regulars' still happily answer the questions by answering it or by directing them to a specific thread (page).

Albert

Albert, none of us have a problem with answering a question, we are all glad to do it.

I think the point that Travis is making is when you have a multi-page thread going and someone comes on and does not bother going through the other pages of the thread. Then they ask a question that has been answered and/or talked about in depth earlier in that thread. There is nothing wrong with small talk or getting to know people here when you are new to the board. But it does in a way show disingenuous interest if you can't even spend a few minutes to go through a thread completely before asking questions of commenting.

No one, including Travis, is even remotely suggesting that a person NOT ask a question, just merely asking that you take the time to go through and READ the thread first.

In my opinion that shows me that a person is truly interested in what I have done on my thread with my builds.

~Mike~

aseejr
02-20-2011, 10:33 AM
Albert, none of us have a problem with answering a question, we are all glad to do it.

I think the point that Travis is making is when you have a multi-page thread going and someone comes on and does not bother going through the other pages of the thread. Then they ask a question that has been answered and/or talked about in depth earlier in that thread. There is nothing wrong with small talk or getting to know people here when you are new to the board. But it does in a way show disingenuous interest if you can't even spend a few minutes to go through a thread completely before asking questions of commenting.

No one, including Travis, is even remotely suggesting that a person NOT ask a question, just merely asking that you take the time to go through and READ the thread first.

In my opinion that shows me that a person is truly interested in what I have done on my thread with my builds.

~Mike~

Mike / Travis,

Yes. Good point. :)

Albert

Stuff
02-20-2011, 12:20 PM
where all the pretty pictures at guys? lol

fhhhstix
02-20-2011, 12:46 PM
Here ya go stuff.:D

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss185/brokenb4/Green%20King/IM000658.jpg

And yes Aseejr we do encourage members to ask question and we are glad to help but when a member post a thread with almost the exact same tile of a sticky you better believe I am going to point it out or somebody asking what color a truck build is going to be when it was said in the first post what color the build was to be painted you better believe I am going to point it out.:cool:

Travis