PDA

View Full Version : Forklifts

Romelio
08-17-2010, 03:39 PM
Does any know of any hobby grade forklifts I can get my hands on besides the tamiya kit? Any scale between 1/12 to 1/16 should work. I have a few toy ones but they are very weak. Im looking for something that can lift more weight.

Thanks,
Brian

rcguyfarms
08-17-2010, 03:50 PM
Check out robbe.com for the linde h50 forklift. It will run close to a grand for rtr. I like mine and would not trade it for any other rc forklift out there. It has a couple of draw backs being made 90% out of plastic and the gearing is noisy when operating.

2.5lbs lift
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b73/rcguy_18/100_3136.jpg

CatdrvR
08-18-2010, 09:32 AM
I would have to say that there really aren't any alternatives to hobby grade forklifts besides robbe. I know that Leimbach has one on there website, or used to which was made out of aluminum and used hydraulics for lifting. That thing was even more expensive than the robbe though. If you want a hobby grade forklift for a decent buck, I would say make one! You can even use a cheap rc forklift found on ebay to start and just gut it of all the terrible electronics. Put your own servos and motors in it and it will be a champ.

Dan