PDA

View Full Version : Blueprints or What

WheelsofSteel
02-14-2011, 11:29 PM
I was wondering how do you guys make this construction equipment with blueprints or just pictures and if you have a resource please share

RCLogger
02-15-2011, 12:05 AM
I go to the company site , like Komatsu, then look up the machine you want to build. In the broucher area it will have a drawing with sizes in feet and inches. I then go to a scale calculator and convert it to 1/14 scale and in inches. You now have a side view and the size in inches. Print photo's of the machine from the internet and away you go...
Machine ; http://www.komatsuamerica.com/viewchart.aspx?prdt_id=999&chart=2

Scale : http://www.komatsuamerica.com/viewchart.aspx?prdt_id=999&chart=2

greg

WheelsofSteel
02-15-2011, 12:34 AM
Thank you Rclogger

Izzy
02-15-2011, 09:16 AM
I have taken broucher photos then drew cad imigaes over top - mostly for rough relationships of size - then add detail as i like it...

sparkycuda
02-15-2011, 10:39 AM
I work for a Komatsu dealership as a trainer and have access to the shop manuals that include drawings and dimensions of most everything. Building my D65 dozer from those references along with measuring the actual parts.

Ken

D8R
02-15-2011, 11:46 AM
Like Ken says, most contruction company has parts manuals with nice drawings. BUT, thereĀ“s no messurments shown in the book so you have to take those by your self. I have used a D8N parts book alot when building my dozer but has also made numerous trips to check out a real one. You will also need alot of photos, my suggestion is to take as many you can, same detail from different angles to. But it depends on what level of detail you should do.
Dan

td9clyde
02-15-2011, 09:55 PM
i built mine with pics and measurements i am real close to 1/10th scale the terex dozer and the scraper and the D7 are all in the same scale

carp
02-16-2011, 12:47 PM
Hey Rclogger how do you know the width of the boom/arm? cant seem to see it in those drawings

RCLogger
02-16-2011, 11:50 PM
Hey Rclogger how do you know the width of the boom/arm? cant seem to see it in those drawings

On items like the boom width the best thing to do is measure the 1-1 machine. Or wing it and build what you think will look right and be strong enough...

greg