PDA

View Full Version : Controlling several models at once... how to?

elliot330
02-15-2011, 03:41 AM
This is the senario... I want to be able to control two models at once... not actually driving both at the same time, but be able to have them both powered up and using them alternatively by changing model memories in the transmitter.

I'm using a Futaba 14mz 2.4ghz radio if that helps anybody identify a solution..

Thanks
Elliot

JAMMER
02-15-2011, 07:21 AM
A F16 boat and truck I was told has the ability to control 3 models. Ed

Izzy
02-15-2011, 09:19 AM
Not sure about your radio sir....but with a spektrum dx7 since there is built in fail safe with each model i just park the one - make sure it's in neutral or soemthing then switch over the radio and then drive off with the second....Pretty neat actually.....

elliot330
02-15-2011, 06:20 PM
A F16 boat and truck I was told has the ability to control 3 models. Ed

Cheers Ed, I had a quick look, but I think it needs a few bits from Servonaut to make it multi-model.

I really wanted to keep the Futaba radio I have... hopefully.

elliot330
02-15-2011, 06:23 PM
Not sure about your radio sir....but with a spektrum dx7 since there is built in fail safe with each model i just park the one - make sure it's in neutral or soemthing then switch over the radio and then drive off with the second....Pretty neat actually.....

Yep, I think Spektrum call it model match, or something like that... its a really neat idea and something I want, however, spektrum patented it...

I am am reluctant to buy another radio, plus I might need 10 proportional channels soon..

carp
02-16-2011, 12:55 PM
14mz thats a nice radio, in theory you could have both models switched on and just switch between model memorys, im not to familiar with the 14mz whether you have to turn it off and back on again. You would need to test it though, ive done it once with a plane where i turned the radio on and the plane then realised it was the wrong model so just switched the memory and everything worked but half way through the flight i lost control, obviously its not so important with ground based stuff but you dont want your track loader to go ape**** into a bridge or something you just put it on the construction site :p

Im going to pull another reciever out of 1 of my helis tonight so ill have a play about and see if it works ok.

elliot330
02-16-2011, 01:35 PM
14mz thats a nice radio, in theory you could have both models switched on and just switch between model memorys,

Thanks, I love this radio, it's so easy to use and has infinite possibilities.

That's what I was hoping for, but have been told that every rx that is bound to the radio and powered up will effectively be listening for radio inputs, regardless of what model memory I have selected on the radio.. although I think you can cheat it, buy changing the radio settings from FASST to normal, but I need to do a little reading on that.

However, you are 100% correct for a spektrum radio setup, they have a feature called model memory, so only the rx you bound in that model memory will function.

However, I have been surfy today and found this... seems like the exact device I need. http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.flymotec.de/product_info.php/info/p46_modell-wahlschalter.html&ei=NA9cTcnqAdGHhQeGk9ntDw&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CCMQ7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dcti%2Bmodell%2Bwahlschalter%26hl%3Den %26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DP46%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26prmd%3Divnsfd

carp
02-16-2011, 04:38 PM
I think you can cheat it, buy changing the radio settings from FASST to normal, but I need to do a little reading on that.

[/URL]

that would work but you would have 1 fm reciever and 1 2.4gig and switch between the 2, ill go put 2 fasst recievers on now and see if they both work

carp
02-16-2011, 04:45 PM
yeah just tested 2 fasst recievers both get the same signal from the tx so it wont work

elliot330
02-16-2011, 05:58 PM
yeah just tested 2 fasst recievers both get the same signal from the tx so it wont work

Thanks for confirming that... Just out of interest, do you have a 7 channel and 14 channel you could test back to back. That's what I heard would work...

carp
02-16-2011, 06:07 PM
how do you mean? like a 7channel 2.4 and a 14channel 2.4? i only have 7 channel rx's here

elliot330
02-16-2011, 06:11 PM
how do you mean? like a 7channel 2.4 and a 14channel 2.4? i only have 7 channel rx's here

Yep that's what I meant, I've been told that due to them using different setups, they bind differently... so therefore might be possible to have a 7ch and 14ch on at the same time? Both 2.4ghz.

Thanks for trying and proving the 7ch versions for me, it at least proves I need to look at that gadget I linked to earlier.

carp
02-16-2011, 06:14 PM
that may be right since theres an option in my 8fg for 7 channel and i have to change it if i want more