PDA

View Full Version : Man! I HATE WHEN THIS HAPPENS!

FreddyGearDrive
02-21-2011, 02:59 PM
Man,I'm sick of eat'in a crap sandwich for lunch.:mad::mad:
Just took delivery of 30 dump boxes on wed last week.Spent two days building a few of them.During assembly I noticed that one of the rear corners didn't fit right.
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn50/FreddyGearDrive/freddys%20best/dumppics5162.jpg
Thought they musta screwed up the little corner piece.:confused:
So....I keep assembling & then notice the front opposite corner is the same way!:eek: AAAAWWWW....C'mon. Now how in the frick can this be???:confused::confused:
Now...I really git to lookin at these babies. Turns out there brake or operator had a problem & the main bodies are 4mm off,from one end to the other :eek::eek::eek::eek:!
So I spent 2 days of assembling,then for fun! Spent this morning taking them apart.
Now this pic makes me want to cry!
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn50/FreddyGearDrive/freddys%20best/dumppics5161.jpg
Look at all those nice dump boxes that are NFG!
This is what the corner is spoda look like.
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn50/FreddyGearDrive/freddys%20best/dumppics5165.jpg
Any how this is one of the ones I had to take apart.
It's a 18"for dump trailer

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn50/FreddyGearDrive/freddys%20best/dumppics5164.jpg
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn50/FreddyGearDrive/freddys%20best/dumppics5163.jpg
Man! Was really ready to rock with these babies.Would you Guys sell stuff that looked like that??
It just NEVER ENDS!

Roadmasters
02-21-2011, 03:03 PM
I know what to do with a few of them....

trucker n
02-21-2011, 03:05 PM
yeah me too:D

spudd
02-21-2011, 03:34 PM
the dog looks upset also LOL

Juganought
02-21-2011, 03:36 PM
Maybe I'm blind.... where is the problem FGD:confused:

sneaky-pete
02-21-2011, 03:39 PM
that sucks!:mad:

pugs
02-21-2011, 03:44 PM
That sucks. Sell them as seconds.

RAIDERS
02-21-2011, 03:53 PM
**** fred that suxs bad....

grumpygrady
02-21-2011, 05:09 PM
{Man! Was really ready to rock with these babies.Would you Guys sell stuff that looked like that??
It just NEVER ENDS! }

Don't sell them like that or that one or two people will tell every one that you screwed them out of hard earned money lol
fix the problem with your company and if you keep them make sure you stamp on them
seconds or fails
even if you make new ends watch out
Now i am not being a butt about this but just telling you how folks are lets just call it experience lol
even your best buddy's will turn on you over the littlest things even when you tell them and they beg you to sell that one that is bent or discolored

That being said if you want you can put another name on it and call it the economy line with no returns

good luck

grumpygrady

lol now you know why they call me that i had my own business for years lol

Bodyman
02-21-2011, 06:16 PM
if the company didnt do it right because of their brake,
they should eat the cost and supply you with new ones

Brian in PA
02-21-2011, 07:54 PM
I agree with bodyman Fred. they should foot the bill. They do look real nice though.

Brian

Cossett
02-21-2011, 11:08 PM
Hi Freddy, the company the bent them should replace all that are wrong at there expense the guys should get a kick up the *** as I did once when making louvers I screwed 200 units up not as much as yours mine were between a 50mm-100mm ask there if they need glasses, if you do keep the bad ones I'd stamp it with a metal letter set somewhere and say when selling say in capitals they are seconds and have been marked as ........so they have now come back and just remember some dicks will complain about anything cause they can't read the product description:D

Cheers Tracy

Stuff
02-22-2011, 12:09 AM
well that sucks Freddy!! let us know what happens!!

JAMMER
02-22-2011, 10:51 AM
Fred send them back and tell them to make them right at there expense not yours that what I did with the dump trailer they tried to come up with all kinds of reasons why they were wrong and it wasn't there fault until I showed them wear they were wrong and they made it right and I did not pay for it. If these are the people you have been dealing with they have made a lot of mistakes at your expense. The old saying is make a mistake once and profit by it, you should know the rest. Ed

rcman
02-22-2011, 11:02 AM
wow i hate it when that happens! yeah i agree if they messed up they should eat the redo not you any way the dog looks upset in the pic too!

Cossett
02-22-2011, 11:32 AM
any way the dog looks upset in the pic too!

Na it probably thinking when was the last I licked down therehttp://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/images/smilies/ROFL.gif LOL

Cheers Tracy

FreddyGearDrive
02-22-2011, 07:24 PM
Every thing is beautiful!:D Took them back this morning,& their makin all new boxes.:D
Now I'm almost a happy guy,when the new ones are in my hobby room & all fits & looks good. Then I'll really be happy.
Thanks,Guys & Gails for your sympathy & suggestions!
Will be postin when the new ones arrive.
FGD

Stuff
02-22-2011, 08:27 PM
wooot! grats Freddy!

Izzy
02-22-2011, 09:19 PM
This jus tges to show how difficult it can be to make our equipemnt in batch form.... That crack may only be a 1/16" or so .... on a 1:1 youd never see it - but in our world it's horrible. I know cause some of the fit of my trailers was a bit embarrassing ... not perfect but pretty good.....

I appreciate your committment Freddy to a quality product ..... I wish we all could be so proper....

Chris

Juganought
02-23-2011, 03:21 AM
I appreciate your committment Freddy to a quality product ..... I wish we all could be so proper....

Juga taps fingers... I hope this is the case, from all vendors, I hate crap stuff.
In terms of quality, I have bought stuff from FGD, good craftsmanship. This is what I've come to expect when paying top dollars, pounds where I come from:D

DieselKid
02-24-2011, 07:00 PM
I smell a scratch and dent sale Fred!:D

**** I've been wanting to build a dump trailer like one of ours at work (total POS' after almost 20 years of abuse in and out of the foundries and scrap yards) so one of these would be perfect with the roughed up corners, LOL! :)

But I can understand your disappointment and frustration after the painstaking process of assembly/disassembly.

Hope the next batch turns out,
-Alex