PDA

View Full Version : My work space

Snowman
02-23-2011, 04:57 PM
Well, I finally got my own office that I am also using for my hobbies. It's a 9 by 12 foot timber building in the garden. Got insulation in the walls, and light and power. Just need to insulate the roof and floor.
Can finally leave my truck out and not have to tidy it away every time I finish working on it. Hopefully this means I can get going and finish the thing!
Doesn't look like much, but I've only just moved in. Will get proper work surfaces just as soon as I earn the $$, or in my case, the ££.
http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab5/Nicolas1980/IMAG0201.jpg

sneaky-pete
02-23-2011, 05:08 PM
cool deal....I have been waiting for you to finish this truck!

Snowman
03-08-2011, 09:32 AM
You and me both Troy! I'm learning a lot as I go being as it is my first build. Kinda working stuff out as I go. Just need to determine how high the front fenders need to be before I can finish the body. On the waiting list for Steve's rims, he's making me a set for wedico tyres so I have some lo pros, as soon as I get them I'll be able to get the fenders adjusted right. Just gotta be patient. In the meantime I'm cooking up some ideas for a trailer to match the truck.

Dreamweaver
03-09-2011, 12:01 AM
Good deal Nick, your own space..

I love the BN SD40-2 there. That engine was built in March of 1979 and was originally a C&S running the same number for them. If the model is correct then it should have a C&S on the side step door.

Here is a picture of the real one (http://www.trainpix.com/BN/EMDORIG/SD40-2/7872.HTM).

Snowman
03-09-2011, 05:39 AM
Hey cool, nice to get some history. It's a USA trains model my dad imported for me. Been a shelf queen for almost 6 years now. I plan to make it fully rc with on-board batteries. Just need the track in the garden, but boy, that ain't cheap!
I can't get over the fact you found a picture of the real thing, thanks! That picture is dated 1996, I wonder if it was repainted since then, because my model has a later livery, not too clear in my photo. I'll take some better pictures of it and post it in the "iron horse" section of the board.

ihbuilder
03-09-2011, 07:24 AM
Nick nice lil work space :) I have to go through al my garden railway mags , 1 of the issues have an article on rc'ing these trains . I'll look for it before I send your wheels and send a copy . I believe there is a kit to do it . Oh , your next :) .

Snowman
03-09-2011, 10:24 AM
Aww man Steve that's kind of you! I will owe you one.
I'm next!! I'm so excited I've hardly done any work this afternoon haha!!