PDA

View Full Version : A pile of Letourneau footage...

Jared
02-25-2011, 02:18 AM
Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/user/tournadude

There should be a fair amount of inspiration in there somewhere. Perfect machines for those who like to use gearmotor-driven wheels and gear-drive functions. I want to see someone build an L-90 Electric Digger!:D

doodlebug
02-25-2011, 04:57 AM
Hey Jared, thank's for sharing, it will take me a while to watch all of the movie's. Make's me appriciate the modern stuff. Later, Later, Neil#2 aka doodlebug.

9W Monighan
02-25-2011, 08:54 AM
I wonder how many guys got thrown off of those. Pretty scary the way he rams into that pine tree:eek: I haven't seen one show up at our show yet but it would be interesting to see one working. I've seen a Euclid 1 off prototype and that thing could barely get out of it's way. One of my friends had a Cat D6D with the tires on it with blade and that thing was pretty much worthless. I passed a Tournadozer out near Morton,IL. a couple years ago sitting in the weeds. Where it was I couldn't pull off the road with my trailer to check it out.A scale model would work nice leveling a pad for my dragline or cleaning around a shovel
I have a old Nylint toy of one of those.

Finster
02-25-2011, 05:04 PM
Nice find, thanks for sharing! Subscribed to his channel, now I just gotta find some time to watch 'em all

Brian in PA
02-25-2011, 07:53 PM
I have a book on Letourneau equipment. It is amazing how against hydraulics he was. He sure did love the ole rack and pinion setup w/electric motors.

Brian

Jared
03-01-2011, 11:52 AM
You betcha, guys! I know how irritated I'd be if someone was holding this stuff out on me. I like hydraulics but LeTourneau built some pretty wild stuff. As far as I can tell, the only LeTourneau machines around today (besides front end loaders) are log stackers and when you watch one work, you can see why Cat 988s and Komatsu 600s haven't completely taken over.