PDA

View Full Version : vintage Radio Shack RC

Stuff
03-09-2011, 12:51 PM
got this given to me yesterday. its a Radio Shack Wild Ranger

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a379/ANTheStuff/RC/IMG00866-20110309-1140.jpg

No radio gear and the battery door is broken. Body looks sweet though. It is only 6" wide and 12" long though

EDIT:
Just found this out. it has DUAL drive shafts. one from each rear wheel drives the same side front wheel.. kinda different!
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a379/ANTheStuff/RC/IMG00867-20110309-1154.jpg

td9clyde
03-09-2011, 01:52 PM
interestng truck and drive line

Stuff
03-09-2011, 08:28 PM
might be useful for something. who knows lol. I got a vintage f-150 like this to.

Espeefan
03-10-2011, 12:56 AM
I have one of these too. I got it for Christmas when I was in my very early teens, I think. I remember it being the nicest RC truck I ever had, up to that point in time. I still have mine, the remote, the original box, and manual. It's a pretty cool truck, but a little small. It is 4 wheel drive, but only has one differential in the rear end. That's why there are dual driveshafts going to the front axle. Each driveshaft is powered off of half the rear differential. Kind of a cheaper way to have a 4 wheel drive vehicle, and still only need one differential. The two speed transmission works like a drill. High was pretty quick, but not much torque. Low was slow, but pretty good power. I never really abused my Wild Ranger that much. Mine is still in pretty good shape, but the remote was a pretty cheap design and after running the truck around for a couple years, the contact patch under the steering stick wore through the foil and it would only steer in one direction. My dad built the contact patch back up with solder, but that wore down pretty quick too. When I got into these scale trucks, I had thoughts of maybe using it for something, but it seems a little on the small side. Mack body though, so it's still pretty cool and kind of rare.

Stuff
03-10-2011, 09:49 AM
ya i think its more lik 16th scale. about the same size as the C-65 i have..

wouldn't be hard to upgrade the rc stuff. just radio and an esc and a servo. has a 360 motor but its not like its hauling 50 lbs lol.