PDA

View Full Version : now there's a cummins

ihbuilder
03-12-2011, 07:56 PM
I saw this searching for mack parts I could use on my m75sx http://cgi.ebay.com/1-16-Cummins-ISX-Engine-custom-deere-tractor-mack-truck-/180636463672?pt=Diecast_Vehicles&hash=item2a0ec5b238#ht_6374wt_934

A lil on the pricey side , or maybe not , I have no clue what the cat engine cost :o

CrimsonCorsair
03-12-2011, 08:01 PM
I paid less than half that for the CAT engine - though I don't have belts, etc on the CAT.

doodlebug
03-12-2011, 09:15 PM
Hey Steve, this is what I found with a quick search. http://www.3000toys.com/catalog/item_detail.aspx?itemfind=NORSCOT55139 I think that's alot less than what the Cat dealer's charge. Later, Neil#2 aka doodlebug.

Trucker Al
03-12-2011, 10:25 PM
I think the price is decent for a custom, low run, high detail item like that. It might look a little small in a Tamiya tractor truck. I am considering buying one in CAT yellow just to try out.

Alan

fhhhstix
03-12-2011, 10:35 PM
I have seen the cummins in a truck allready and it looks real good.

Travis

ihbuilder
03-12-2011, 11:29 PM
I would have bought 1 but I got a mill to get going + a dozen other projects . I'd like to put 1 in my lonestar when I get back to it :rolleyes:

roadranger
03-13-2011, 03:13 PM
Nice looking engine! Good find, Steve.

Didn't the Cummins ISX come in red from the factory?
I don't know, I've been driving yellow Cats for the last 15 years...;)

Looks like it comes out of Canada - after reading the Postal rants about horse and buggy mail service to/from Canada, it may take quite awhile to get one of these in hand...

Brian in PA
03-13-2011, 06:06 PM
Nice looking engine! Good find, Steve.

Didn't the Cummins ISX come in red from the factory?
I don't know, I've been driving yellow Cats for the last 15 years...;)

Looks like it comes out of Canada - after reading the Postal rants about horse and buggy mail service to/from Canada, it may take quite awhile to get one of these in hand...

Jim red is the right color for the ISX. Before the red was titanium black and before that was Cummins beige.

Brian

ihbuilder
03-13-2011, 06:57 PM
Jim red is the right color for the ISX. Before the red was titanium black and before that was Cummins beige.

Brian

and before beige was red at least a couple sc I had where

Brian in PA
03-13-2011, 10:28 PM
and before beige was red at least a couple sc I had where

Steve were those Cummins in some older Internationals? My dads 78 S-model had a big cam and it was red. From what I can remember International painted all engines red for their trucks regardless the mfg?

Brian

Izzy
03-13-2011, 11:26 PM
Dad's cummins in his IH was tan....not sure it was factory though - might have been a reman - he got it used.....

Espeefan
03-14-2011, 12:43 AM
Great looking engines. We had a thread on these very engines a few months back, when they were still being developed and the first casting was made. They are a little on the small side for a Tamiya, cast at 1/16 scale, but perfect for a Wedico. Thought about buying one just for that, but I'm not sure I'll have the room with the day cab, for a complete engine under the hood. It's a great looking engine though.

ihbuilder
03-14-2011, 01:22 AM
Steve were those Cummins in some older Internationals? My dads 78 S-model had a big cam and it was red. From what I can remember International painted all engines red for their trucks regardless the mfg?

Brian

Dad's cummins in his IH was tan....not sure it was factory though - might have been a reman - he got it used.....

my "86" bc 3 is cummins beige the "75" 230 sc was red and I had a 350 sc that was red I think was in a early "70's" late "60's" transtar . the "78" 290 sc was beige . the"70's" transtar we got for parts , had a beige 903 . All those motors had factory paint I also looked at a "78" paystar with red . I'll have to ask the guy I know @ 5 star IH , he knows his cummins :eek: but they shut the parts counter down in reading and moved him to allentown , so I don't get to see him much + I'm not fixing much any more :rolleyes: . I'm not sure IH had much to do with the paint . I believe a lot of the earlier SC where red and not just in the IH's I've seen them in Whites