PDA

View Full Version : Euclid TS 24 is done

J Hall
03-17-2011, 09:34 PM
Just finished a 1/24 scale TS 24 in 1/24 scale..
Thanks for looking in..

Jerry

td9clyde
03-17-2011, 09:42 PM
very nice i like lol my brand he he green .......oh i have a question where was the fishing cable yall was talkin about a long time ago i am thinkin i need a lil smaller cable in my dozer the other stuff i use isn't real flexable

J Hall
03-17-2011, 10:40 PM
Hi Clyde

I found that any metal cable I could find was too stiff..., so I used a really strong cord..Similar to string line that building contractors use in the carpentry industry..The spray painted it black..

Jerry

RCLogger
03-17-2011, 11:33 PM
Very cool Jerry
how long is it ? When did you start this project ?

greg

J Hall
03-18-2011, 12:01 AM
Thanks Greg.
it is about 22 inches long...It has been a long drawn out project...My customer requested it about 3 years ago..The line drawings I had from a Euclid brochure were so inaccurate that nothing fit..Even to the point there were major descrepencies between the side view and top view..I cut parts and made assemblies only to find out nothing fit especially in and around the gooseneck..I put the project aside in a box twice over the years and tried to forget about it..
About a couple of weeks ago I decided that I was going to finish it or else..I re-did most parts and made it to fit irregardless of what the drawings said..If all had gone well from the start it should have been only about a 2 week project..

9W Monighan
03-18-2011, 08:42 AM
Nice work Jerry, I like the nose on these old timers. The first motor scraper I ever ran was a Euclid S7.

J Hall
03-18-2011, 11:20 AM
Thanks 9W

I remember as a kid a contractor had work by our house using 2 S7s..They were pretty well advanced for 1957...