PDA

View Full Version : Hydraulic Oil for Wedico 740 ADT

aseejr
03-28-2011, 03:49 PM
I had the back of the hydraulic pump resevoir pop off, because the pressure relief line was plugged. Was wondering what type of oil I can use for this system?

Albert

PS: I have ordered oil from Rick but was wondering if can find something similar in my local auto store.

RCLogger
03-28-2011, 05:55 PM
Albert
I have switched over to jack oil and it seems to work just fine. I get it from Canadian Tire, easy to get and the price is right...hahah
Would you happen to have any used 8 channel fm RX ?

greg

Lil Giants
03-28-2011, 09:54 PM
I've been using Esso Hydraul 50 (10W hydraulic oil).

Did the previous owner cap the vent holes atop the reservior prior to shipping it to you? There's two vents on top of the tank that need to be open.

aseejr
03-28-2011, 11:42 PM
I've been using Esso Hydraul 50 (10W hydraulic oil).

Did the previous owner cap the vent holes atop the reservior prior to shipping it to you? There's two vents on top of the tank that need to be open.

Yes. Both capped. Ric from PMD said that only 1 has to stay open. So both open?

Lil Giants
03-29-2011, 12:53 AM
I'd recommend both be open. To have only one open, too much air trying to escape through one small hole might cause some oil to blow out too.

aseejr
03-29-2011, 06:45 AM
Thanks for the replies guys!!!

Albert

TheMachinist
04-04-2011, 08:20 PM
I had the back of the hydraulic pump resevoir pop off, because the pressure relief line was plugged. Was wondering what type of oil I can use for this system?

Albert

PS: I have ordered oil from Rick but was wondering if can find something similar in my local auto store.

Did you try that oil yet? We stock it in 5 gallon pails as well.

Jordy

aseejr
04-05-2011, 01:21 AM
Did you try that oil yet? We stock it in 5 gallon pails as well.

Jordy

LOL!!! The 1 litre container you gave me should last.....hmmm.....a few years. THANK YOU.

Just tried it last night. So far so good. Everything is working.

Now if I can only get the front tires to stay mounted on the wheel.

Albert