PDA

View Full Version : How Many Posts. . . . .

CorbettTrailers
08-19-2010, 04:44 PM
So, Bubba. How many posts do we need to post in buy/sell/trade?
Figured no matter the amount some will get fired up over it so I'll post it here to keep it out of the regular threads.
Thanks,
John

FreddyGearDrive
08-19-2010, 06:33 PM
Depends on where my post count is,when we put er on line.:D Just kiddin!
Not quit sure yet.Thats one of the things needed to be worked out.
If I was going to take a throw at it,100-150 THIS IS NOT SET IN GOLD YET!
Hey John,Good thinkin!
FGD

CorbettTrailers
08-19-2010, 07:54 PM
Thanks FGD. Figured I just need a ball park figure. Sounds good though. After Indy, My post count will multiply pretty quick.

Tamiya Cowboy
08-19-2010, 08:01 PM
LOL Yeah no set number yet but with some of the major POST HORING that is going on everybody will be over the number. Good topic Jon.

ihbuilder
08-19-2010, 09:21 PM
LOL Yeah no set number yet but with some of the major POST HORING that is going on everybody will be over the number. Good topic Jon.

LOL I gave Up I'll Just post as I build and man now I'm buildin :D as long as sleep don't over come me :eek:

FreddyGearDrive
08-19-2010, 10:59 PM
Well....now..! Then maybe we increase the amount of characters per post. As I see after tonight, might be needed.
FGD

Tamiya Cowboy
08-19-2010, 11:45 PM
LOL!! :D

SonoranWraith
08-20-2010, 01:52 AM
C'mon posting "nice" 40 times is awesome and adds so much value to threads.

MadMax
08-20-2010, 05:25 AM
Well....now..! Then maybe we increase the amount of characters per post. As I see after tonight, might be needed.
FGD

This 1 i have to agree on Freddy As a one word post i blatant post padding and anyone found doing it should have their post count re-set to ZERO LOL.

SonoranWraith
08-20-2010, 06:16 PM
Is awesome nice?

That made me laugh out loud. :D

dirtpusher9
08-20-2010, 07:48 PM
This 1 i have to agree on Freddy As a one word post i blatant post padding and anyone found doing it should have their post count re-set to ZERO LOL.

That will work, then it defeats their whole purpose for posting in the first place. I don't care about the count but it would be nice to see a little effort if your going to post anyway. Sometimes there are those occasions where all you can say is WOW, due to the lack of words but not just going down the line saying, nice.

rcpuller
08-21-2010, 04:22 AM
i like the idea of the post count because it keeps all the people form coming here and just post things for sale.....i believe we should know our members first

CorbettTrailers
08-21-2010, 11:20 AM
i like the idea of the post count because it keeps all the people form coming here and just post things for sale.....i believe we should know our members first

Which makes sense. BUT, What about new long-timers like me. Who so rudely got the shaft by GTF. When it shut down I had over 450 posts and all my builds were posted there. Now I'm here to stay. Is there any exceptions? I don't wanna hear from the peanut gallery. I wanna hear it from THE MAN. I wanna know what the deal is. I can see if this forum was 5 years old but It just got started this year. At least I was lead to believe that. I was only invited here two weeks ago. How about I pay a fee to have access to the Buy/Sell/Trade everytime I sell something?

CorbettTrailers
08-21-2010, 11:25 AM
I'm at Indy right now sitting and watching all the trucks as I type this. Once I became a member of ECMT, I've made every meet and I help out alot. There's no stopping me now. Sorry you couldn't make it Freddy I was looking forward to meeting you!

MadMax
08-21-2010, 12:11 PM
Which makes sense. BUT, What about new long-timers like me. Who so rudely got the shaft by GTF. When it shut down I had over 450 posts and all my builds were posted there. Now I'm here to stay. Is there any exceptions? I don't wanna hear from the peanut gallery. I wanna hear it from THE MAN. I wanna know what the deal is. I can see if this forum was 5 years old but It just got started this year. At least I was lead to believe that. I was only invited here two weeks ago. How about I pay a fee to have access to the Buy/Sell/Trade everytime I sell something?

Only 7 more posts and your into the B/S/T area!
This forum hasn't been set up just to last a few weeks! this is intended to last as long as there's an internet LOL.:p

Keep up the Good work.
Steve.

Marcus
08-22-2010, 04:26 PM
Nice truck!:D

Kidding, I think that a BST with limited access will protect people to some degree.

Blueshirt
08-28-2010, 02:30 PM
I agree with the post numbers, but I'm the kinda guy that likes to lurk around and drool over all the nice trucks, and usually only post when I have something constructive to add.

Bodyman
08-28-2010, 02:54 PM
im like blueshirt. i dont say much but online cpl times a day.i like to look at buy/sell section just to get what things are going for. didnt the buy/sell post say you need 30?
steve

Stuff
08-29-2010, 01:41 AM
lol wondered when there would be a bst on this forum :D

rappy
08-29-2010, 05:07 AM
You could use this

CorbettTrailers
08-29-2010, 10:41 AM
You could use this

Yea, see how many times you can do that before you have 50 MODS up your arse.

grumpygrady
08-29-2010, 01:48 PM

why

there not one person on here that knows me
but like on ebay when i do post something for sale folks buy them

Tamiya Cowboy
08-29-2010, 05:57 PM
Yea, see how many times you can do that before you have 50 MODS up your arse.

LOL :D Would not take long I would bet..

why

there not one person on here that knows me
but like on ebay when i do post something for sale folks buy them

Having the count system is a great thing. Getting to know people is a great Idea..Too many boards have had issues with guys just coming on board to scam people it happens alot. Ebay has there rules and if you use paypal there is a very good chance you wont get hosed but on a board it is not as easy to protect yourself. i believe scale has now moved there count to 200 and that is do to scamers.

ihbuilder
08-29-2010, 09:59 PM
Paul I thought it was 300

sneaky-pete
08-29-2010, 10:42 PM
LOL :D Would not take long I would bet..

Having the count system is a great thing. Getting to know people is a great Idea..Too many boards have had issues with guys just coming on board to scam people it happens alot. Ebay has there rules and if you use paypal there is a very good chance you wont get hosed but on a board it is not as easy to protect yourself. i believe scale has now moved there count to 200 and that is do to scamers.

Yeah,what he said lol:D

Thorsteenster
08-29-2010, 11:08 PM
Paul I thought it was 300

Yeah, I think it is 300, but you also have to be a member for a year. Now that definately weeds out scammers!
A little harsh for bonafide newcomers, but I feel it's better for the monetary sfatey of all.

grumpygrady
08-29-2010, 11:37 PM
yes it is 300
so for someone like me who has been a member since 2008 still can't buy or sale
the point is ,is this the way you want this forum to be?
if so why not just only have scale4x4
i believe this was started to replace the garden forum, doesn't it make since to not make the same mistakes that it and the others have
that is why i asked WHY
i will bet the average age of this forum is older than most RC forums just because of the type of models they are and the cost
ok thanks for reading this have a nice life

grumpygrady

SonoranWraith
08-30-2010, 01:40 AM
I thought they grandfathered people, but perhaps you still had to have a few posts. The post count minimum is a necessary inconvenience. I could see the minimum going up here if things are not so smooth, but it all depends on how we play in the sandbox.

rappy
08-30-2010, 05:53 AM
You could use this

only joking guys

CorbettTrailers
08-30-2010, 09:07 AM
only joking guys

Hehehe. . . . . . Think they got it?

Lil Giants
08-30-2010, 06:58 PM
The PRIMARY function of a forum is communication/information trading/sharing of a common interest.

Peddling merchandise is what ebay is for, ...but if long time members want to trade goods amongst themselves, great!

I don't like those guys that appear out of nowhere to dump their trash to an established audience FREE OF ANY CHARGES and split, offering no other value to the forums.

These forums cost money to operate, the more popular they are -> the more expensive they are... why should a new comer/outsider capitalized freely?

As a member posts, how they post shows their character so others can judge for themselves whether or not they'd like to do personal business with them. The longer a member has been around, the greater amount of trust they've built within the community -> the greater effort they offer to nuture/protect that identity.

Scammers are in it for the short term! ...make a couple of good trades & then rip off a bunch & disappear... then come back a short period later to do it again!

For most ppl, common sense would protect them from being a victim, for the minority we need Rules that govern everybody the same.

If your only purpose for being a member is to feed off the free info, to shop for good deals in the bst and do nothing else to contribute to the community, then who gives a shyt about your opinion!

If you're here to learn & share openly your own experiences of the hobby, the post count/duration of membership necessary for particular forum privilidges will be a minor inconvience that will quickly pass.

CustomRCmodels
08-30-2010, 09:30 PM
The PRIMARY function of a forum is communication/information trading/sharing of a common interest.

Peddling merchandise is what ebay is for, ...but if long time members want to trade goods amongst themselves, great!

I don't like those guys that appear out of nowhere to dump their trash to an established audience FREE OF ANY CHARGES and split, offering no other value to the forums.

These forums cost money to operate, the more popular they are -> the more expensive they are... why should a new comer/outsider capitalized freely?

As a member posts, how they post shows their character so others can judge for themselves whether or not they'd like to do personal business with them. The longer a member has been around, the greater amount of trust they've built within the community -> the greater effort they offer to nuture/protect that identity.

Scammers are in it for the short term! ...make a couple of good trades & then rip off a bunch & disappear... then come back a short period later to do it again!

For most ppl, common sense would protect them from being a victim, for the minority we need Rules that govern everybody the same.

If your only purpose for being a member is to feed off the free info, to shop for good deals in the bst and do nothing else to contribute to the community, then who gives a shyt about your opinion!

If you're here to learn & share openly your own experiences of the hobby, the post count/duration of membership necessary for particular forum privilidges will be a minor inconvience that will quickly pass.

I am all the way with you guys on this one !
A lot of forums get abused with this buying / selling and trading stuff .
I really don’t care how high the post-count has to be for being able to sell in the BST section , but this section needs to be watched closely by the moderators !
No matter what post-count you guys decide on ,
What I would do , if possible , apply this post-count rule only for the ones wanting to sell in there , but leave the section open “ as read only “ for the ones with the lower post-counts . And for the ones able to sell , I still would even apply a member seniority with it too . Means you have to be on this forum at least for a few months , so people should know you . That may also would help with this post-count bumping up stuff ,
people just posting a few words in 20 threads on a daily base .
On which we get on this subject about how many characters per post .
I hate typing , but still , what the heck of a problem would it be to have a minimum character-count from at least 30 characters or more ?
Some of you probably think now :
“what’s wrong with this dude ? he has his own website and stuff to sell listed on there “
Exactly ! I do have my won website and pay my fee’s to upkeep that !
Means I do know what it cost to run a website or a forum !
If somebody thinks he has enough products or items to sell on a regular base ,
He should open up his own online-shop to sell these items .
If this buying / selling / trading stuff is gone be made to easy on this forum ,
It will just end up like in a lot of other forums , a heck of a mess and all the good info’s get lost .
There could be also a fee for being able to sell in the BST section , like CorbetTrailers mentioned , ( to finance this forum ) , if you sell on ebay , you have to pay fee’s , if you use PayPal you have to pay fee’s and so on ….
There will be a vendor-deal here sooner or later , means you can sign up as a vendor , but it will be a fee for that .
We all should work on to keep this forum here as a nice community for exchanging ideas and showing of our projects and at the same time start to know each other.

Open easy free market will destroy all of this in no time !
I can sing a song about that shyt !
I am running my own website since around 2000 , got in to the wheeling and dealing with hobby-parts a few years later , acted as a dealer for a few small outfits ,
helped a few buddies to get there own hobby-business going ,
I was the first US-dealer for Carson ……
and now I am taking a brake from all of this ,
since there was just to much B.S. involved with it !

So anybody jumping on here just for the selling reason , think again !

I better stop here now before I get carried away with this …..

dirtpusher9
08-31-2010, 10:44 PM

Couldn't have been worded any better.

RCTech9
09-11-2010, 03:05 PM

Again couldn't have been worded any better.

oldboy
09-16-2010, 04:37 PM
I thought they grandfathered people, but perhaps you still had to have a few posts. The post count minimum is a necessary inconvenience. I could see the minimum going up here if things are not so smooth, but it all depends on how we play in the sandbox.

Play nice and clean :) I don,t want the post rate to go up :( as I am slowly (ever so slowly) :p climbing to to the required total.:cool:
So if we behave they might leave us alone :D

John