PDA

View Full Version : Carson Goldhofer Low loader

Cossett
04-08-2011, 03:26 PM
Hi all, here is my morning gripe.............

Well the new Carson Goldhofer Low loader has been released and well it is far from what was advertised...orange one is production (now released) and the grey/silver is what was advertised and what people thought they were buying including me on the pre order list
http://http://www.carson-modelsport.com/en/products/truckmodels/trailers/produktdetails.htm?sArtNr=500907060 (http://www.carson-modelsport.com/en/products/truckmodels/trailers/produktdetails.htm?sArtNr=500907060)

Not Happy Jan and my biggest gripe apart from other things is the wheels they aren't the right size they and look ...............so when my one does turn up I will be looking for something the right size and style similar to the ones on a bruder low loader................

Cheers Tracy

Izzy
04-09-2011, 10:28 AM
The grey one pictured is fabulous compared to that orange one ...... What a let down .... we call that baite and switch ....... did you still get the unit?? Or can you demand your $$ back?? At least send them a nasty gram.....

Espeefan
04-09-2011, 10:48 AM
I would cancel my order too, if that's what happened to me. In other hobbies (model railroading) it's very common for a company to show pre-production samples of models that wil be soon released. Many times model railroaders are very demanding and will tear a pre-production model to pieces before it even reaches production, pointing out the errors. Many times the manufacturer will change things for the better, and actually listen to modeler's complaints. If something like this happened in the model railroad industery, it would be the end of the world! You'll never see a production model less detailed then the pre-production model. We have a lot of 'rivet counters' that hate less accurate models.

willmcc
04-09-2011, 12:49 PM
The pictures they gave out were of a real trailer and I think they should of gave everyone a view of what it would be like before taking preorders. Wheels on production model looks same as their other lowloader. poor effort on the trailer but the ramps look interesting.

Tamiya Cowboy
04-09-2011, 02:45 PM
Looks like a Bruder drop deck and that is BS I would ask for the money back..

doodlebug
04-09-2011, 02:46 PM
Hey Tracy, went on there site last night. Nothing in stock! What a joke!
Later, Neil #2 aka doodlebug

Cossett
04-10-2011, 02:52 AM
Hi all, I will be keeping it the shop I ordered it from said I am next on the list (#5 ) when they receive there next order, I think with some improvements it will looks a lot better starting with the wheels so that's the first thing I will be looking for and maybe a "A"trailer infonthttp://www.tufftrailers.com.au/wp-content/gallery/a-b-doubles/044.jpg

Cheers Tracy

doodlebug
04-10-2011, 02:35 PM
Nice B train.
Later, Neil#2 aka doodlebug.

TINY-TRUCKER
04-11-2011, 07:05 PM
hi tracy is that your new toy ?? wow thats a nice truck (mack) i think, i love what you did with the A- trailer & the carson low loader it look`s so real lol
:D:D:D:):):rolleyes::rolleyes:
cheers paul ps; yer i know there real one`s lololol

oldboy
05-30-2011, 08:34 PM
Well wonders will never cease.My new low loader has finally arrived,and after unpacking I think I got a good deal for my 350 euro.

The deck is pressed steel which has been cleaned of pressing lubricant,admittedly it is not painted but which colour do they paint it bright red,dark red, white,light blue,grey,I would rather paint it myself and get the right colour but I have yet to see a Tamiya or Carson trailer which is painted also Tamiya trucks are not painted.
As for the deck timbers"If you don't like doublesided tape ""use contact cement""
As for the length,it is approx scale 40 feet long.

Remember this is a Carson trailer to suit Tamiya not a Tamiya trailer.

The airbags look close to correct admittedly they show the assembly of the suspension with the axle on top of the bag beam but there is nothing to stop you placing the axle underneath.But remember with axle underneath you will raise the deck by the thickness of the beam which could be to high.As for the tyre size,I don't think that you can get small tyres which are correct for 1/14 scale.

As for the plastic parts"How many plastic parts are there in a Tamiya prime mover kit"?

My only problem is there is no Toolbox But I'll make one.

In my opinion,I think some people expect to much,after all it is only a model.
If you want an exact scale model"BUILD IT YOURSELF"

I'm quite happy with it

regards Oldboy

fhhhstix
05-30-2011, 09:19 PM
Remember this is a Carson trailer to suit Tamiya not a Tamiya trailer.

As for the plastic parts"How many plastic parts are there in a Tamiya prime mover kit"?

My only problem is there is no Toolbox But I'll make one.

In my opinion,I think some people expect to much,after all it is only a model.
If you want an exact scale model"BUILD IT YOURSELF"

I'm quite happy with it

regards Oldboy

Wow Oldboy you must be a salesmen for Carson.:p:D But others have their right to be unhappy with what they got compared to what was shown in the pics. Some here me included expect to get a quality model for our money, and had they advertised a pic of the actual trailer kit instead of the prototype then some potential buyers may have decided to get something else. Was it a marketing strategy, yes it was but it doesn't leave them with satisfied customers. We do have this section of the board for members to complain about just this sort of thing. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and if you like the kit then start your own build thread on your trailer and show us how nice this trailer can be with the kit that Carson offers.:cool:

Travis

Brian in PA
05-30-2011, 10:06 PM
Hi all, I will be keeping it the shop I ordered it from said I am next on the list (#5 ) when they receive there next order, I think with some improvements it will looks a lot better starting with the wheels so that's the first thing I will be looking for and maybe a "A"trailer infonthttp://www.tufftrailers.com.au/wp-content/gallery/a-b-doubles/044.jpg

Cheers Tracy

That is one sweet looking Super-liner Tracy. Yours?

Brian

Cossett
05-30-2011, 11:54 PM
Thanks for that travis baby,

John this is my rant that I started because it wasn't what was advertised 2 different trailers and I waited a **** of a long time for it,

The trailer could of been painted a neutral colour silver or white then the builder could of painted it there preferred colour if they choosed so...

And there is a big difference between steel and aluminium when you open the box and take the trailer out of the bag you shouldn't have to wash your hands after cause they are black.

As for the tyres they are bigger that the standard Carson lowloader / drop deck tyres and the Wedico ones that I will be putting on it in the future look more scale that the ones that come with it.

And comparing a tamiya truck to a carson trailer well I will not go there as I will say what I really think of you and I will get in SH#T for it.

And if you want to make a joy joy happy joy joy thread about your new love start your own thread saying how much you love it.

This was my rant that I started for a reason not yours

Have a nice day

Cheers Tracy

Claus
04-14-2014, 06:09 PM
I don't understand, what is wrong with the size of the tires? It is a drop deck and supossed to have small tires, isn't it?

aussietruckerguy
04-16-2014, 09:02 PM
yep at least in Australia... the funny thing is that it looks close to one of the old drop decks at work ... But i would love to see a no boom trailer, i do get the pissed off with the pre photos not matching the model, thats just weird, but sadly does happen

WhiteWolf McBride
10-12-2014, 02:39 AM
Other ~stupid~ flaws in the Carson:

The u-bolts for attachment of the axles to the suspension 'leaves' are made of plastic. Start the supplied metal nuts on one, and *SNAP* goes the plastic bolt. User is left to make his own u-bolts.

The suspension 'leaves' are solid plastic, where they could easily be properly leaves (they are real on the Tamiya Semi's & HighLifts)

Some parts in plastic, others in machined metal, with no logic to why each is done as such? (ramp hinges, etc.)

They have a lighting kit, (which should have been included) but no kit for making the gorgeously-designed ramps operate. And no kit for warning beacons. Very Sloppy.

No provision for making the ramps actuate (all methods seen on Youtube require a cut-out in the rear bumper plate)

The jacking posts... crude, and NO chance of being remotely operated... not even by hydraulics.

Note: The plastic parts in a Tamiya are very well made... and thought out. Not so in the Carson. See 'u-bolts'/suspension leaves.

No double-stick for the deck-pieces? Talk about going cheap...

No under-bed details, like the boxes; no boxes in the kit. BAD.

And all that steel, with no cut-outs in areas to make it a bit lighter (could be done without structural compromise)

I agree with Cossett: Its a gorgeous kit, but some things (*shakes his head*) Poorly thought out/poorly made parts, and not even primer? And ~No~ fore-thought to after-market sales of ramp-actuators, beacons, etc.

Going to be making nose-ramps to use the forward section; Considering replacing the wood decking (will probably use it for cargo-boxes) and definitely NOT for the ramps (no grip). Also drilling for 'cut-outs' to lighten chassis.

WhiteWolf

BRICKNICK
10-12-2014, 10:10 AM
I can't stand the bait n switch marketing stradegy. Did you sell your trailer? YES you did, by crook, not by offering a good quality product. So instead of selling tons of units n the customer being happy n returning to purchase your next big release you shot yourself in the foot with this trailer and "took the money n ran". Well keep running cause I'm sure no one will look twice at the next trailer they plan on releasing judging by the quality of this pile of craps......I wish our hobby manufactures would get on the same page with us the enthusiest like Espeefan said they are in the model railroading aspect of the hobby world. Ask your customer "what would you like to see offered and what would you personally buy, what would sell in high volume in your opinion?" But they could care less about us.....rant finished

bigford
10-12-2014, 11:29 AM
now I have the first carson low loader and have none of the problems of the MORE
expensive goldie . a few of the swing arm parts needed to be reamed out for
free movement.