PDA

View Full Version : Hey Folks from Northwest Indiana

Car5858
04-10-2011, 10:44 PM
A little about me; I used to be a maint tech for various companies. Did pretty well with that after leaving the Navy in 94. Learned a lot about RC aircraft built many airplanes, and crashed a few. Had my own Hobbie shop for awhile, sorry that didn't work out. Ex wives have a habbit of getting in the way at times.
Worked in Navada for a couple of years and ran a Northwest dragline when needed. That job payed out when we ran out of gold ore:mad:
Came back to Indiana and have been here since. While working at a box plant I became ill and was put on disability.
Not one to sit around I started back to school, me at 53 going to college.:eek: I thought it was so tuff before I started attending, I wonder why I never went to higher education before. I am currently studing design tech. I should be able to finish up in the next year if all goes right.
Since the Sark took most of my eyesight I no longer fly, currently kicking myself in the butt for selling all my rc gear.:mad: I have been building scale wood replicas of military models for the last eight years. I find that it is easier to design them now that I can use AutoCad (still learning Solidworks).
I have a small cnc wood router and a larger one under construction (on hold due to the job situation). So to pass the time I decided to build a 1/16th scale Het 1070 (since I have the M1A1 tank already). I have spent the last six months designing this truck and researching this hobby. You guy's have been a big inspiration, and for this I thank you.
My other hobby is building violins, not as much fun but pays better. I will be posting my first build soon.

Thanks for letting me into the forum.

Carl

fhhhstix
04-10-2011, 10:51 PM
Welcome Carl and enjoy the forum there are many talented builder here that can give you addvice along the way.

Travis

doodlebug
04-10-2011, 11:20 PM
Welcome aboard Carl, can't wait to see your HET 1070 come to life!
Later, Neil#2 aka doodlebug.

mmman67
04-11-2011, 02:05 AM
Welcome Carl your gonna really like the site everyone on here is very helpful.

Mike

SmallHaul
04-11-2011, 08:52 AM
Welcome Carl! Sounds like you'll fit in good around here.

tc1cat
04-11-2011, 09:02 AM
Welcome Carl, Glad to see another military builder join the ranks. Please post pics of your earlier military builds. Would love to see them:)

Car5858
04-11-2011, 05:43 PM
All of my previous bulds were wood replicas. None powered, then my brother gave me an M1A1, I will post some in the military section if wood models count.:confused:

doodlebug
04-11-2011, 10:36 PM
Hey Carl, there is a non rc section. Hope this help's.
later, Neil#2 aka doodlebug.

Cossett
04-12-2011, 12:41 AM
Welcome to the board Carl:D

Cheers Tracy and the rest of the RCT&C staff