PDA

View Full Version : New Central Illinois Addict

pigeonfarmboy
04-20-2011, 01:19 AM
Hi my name is Nathan and I'm an Scale Model Addict.....

Thought I'd post here to introduce myself. I might be one of the youngest members here @ 30 not sure. Old man at heart I suppose. Pipe smoking and building models and motorcycles isn't hardly a common bond I share with most people my age. Been into RC since I could hold a radio thanks to my father. If it's able to be controlled via RC, I probably have one. (Except construction stuff) From submarines to giant scale airplanes it's a bad addiction that seemingly will never get cured. (Hooray!)

Obtaining and learning about the construction side of things is why I'm here. I've always kept a lookout on all the available goodies but never could bring myself to put down the large amounts of cash it takes to get into it. I lived in California for almost 10 years and got really heavily involved in everything RC Rock Crawling. Now that I've moved back to the Midwest, most of my crawlers are dust collectors as there's not too much interest or terrain to support it.

So a couple weeks ago now I stumbled upon Joe's (Lil Giants) youtube channel and was blown away at the level of abuse his equipment has endured. I had assumed this stuff would likely fall apart with any heavy use! A link to this website on one of his videos and here I am.

I have a fair amount of videos I've made in the past on my Youtube channel if any of you are bored. Stay away from the pipe videos unless you want to take a nap or go to sleep immediately haha!

http://www.youtube.com/user/pigeonfarmboy?feature=mhum

I will be posting any construction videos there once I get some equipment. On the main page you can see the 8x8 rig that a friend and I built that is pretty much a mash up of tamiya big rig parts and a scratch-built cab.

Freddy is building me a nice dump truck right now and I'm ordering up a Vario 850 Excavator asap! I was so happy to see such a great group of vendors offering such badass parts here!

A true big boy candy shop you have here. Hope I can contribute to the madness!

RcConstruction
04-20-2011, 04:59 PM
Welcome to the forum
Zak

Izzy
04-20-2011, 08:20 PM
Welcome aboard. From all of us - thanks for the compliments.

will43209
04-20-2011, 08:41 PM
Welcome aboard, and join in on the madness! :) I am a mini truck Addict! :D

tc1cat
04-20-2011, 08:59 PM
Welcome Nathan. Any and all compliments just make our heads get bigger:rolleyes::rolleyes: Can't wait to see your Freddy built dump truck. Don't forget to keep Aug. weekends open for the Indy meet. ( forgot which weekend it is) And Thanks for the compliments, we all appreciate getting them and giving them even more.

pigeonfarmboy
04-20-2011, 11:33 PM
Yep Indy is marked on the calendar and St. Louis in July as well!

mmman67
04-21-2011, 10:02 AM
welcome aboard Nathan Your gonna enjoy the site !!!!!

Mike

pigeonfarmboy
04-22-2011, 04:30 PM
If it wasn't clear that I was hooked with just the Dump Truck Freddy is building me, I've ordered a Vario 850 RTR and a 966G Kit.....weak dollar to euro conversion = ouch!!!